Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 268808 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1350 on: August 29, 2016, 03:14:24 pm »

((This seems to be this game's OOC/character creation thread, so -

I'll take the bait. I would like to try a dedicated troll medic character. I will try to read the backlog when I have time, but in the meantime - can someone tell me the important things I should know about trolls to make a lore-correct character? Well, apart from their apparent notably low intelligence, I guess. ))

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: August 29, 2016, 06:27:04 pm »

Trolls are big - like eight t oten feet. They are rock hard, and tend to be rather one directional. They can speak, but not eloquently, and cannot read. Trolls have very little magical affinity, so if you use magic, you'll probably only be able to use one unique type of magic - rather specialized stuff.

Trolls are not temperamental - less so than humans or dwarves or elves, even.  Tehy tend to be pretty even keeled emotionally. Of course, the baseline for their emotions is up to you - angry, sad, placid, hungry. Whatever the baseline, they will remain that way more than others, but can still be brought out of that mood due to enough stimuli

hmm. They tend to be solitary creatures, but make friendships with one or two others. Those friendships are fast and strong - trolls are loyal to their particular friends to a fault. Hmm. trolls are fond of mountains and caves, and have generally bad eyesight, so they tend to be trouble in cities, mostly because they a) don't see, b) are very big, and c) don't think of the crowds as being made up of people.

There are variations, or at least, could be. I mean, have you seen the character roster? It's a liiiitle out of date at the moment, but i'll fix that tomorrow. But just take a scan and see the range of possibilities. Oh, and once approved, there is an actual character thread to post your finalized character in so you can keep track of stats, equipment, and other notes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 29, 2016, 06:59:04 pm »

((are you going to join the mission in progress? Feel free to teleport over. I can stuff you in a closet like I did with Spaz.))
((I'm not sure, would I have any IC reason to do so? I don't think Thrips has much idea of what's even going on...))

Grimacing and clutching his almost non-existent stomach, Thrips gets to his feet and glances unenthusiastically over the food still on offer.
An idea slowly begins to occur to him... a somewhat nerve-wracking one, but who knows, it might be worth it. Or maybe get him in trouble...

Try and work up the courage to speak to whoever's working in the kitchen and volunteer my services as a kitchenhand.
Offer to make some less-horrible bread, for starters.

(2) You walk up to the counter, look forlornly at the atrocities being committed there, sweat a lot, then sigh, take a moldy chunk of bread and return to your table. You chew hte dry bread slowly, attempting to work up enough saliva to swallow. it's slow going. Failure tastes so ... chewy. And dry.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 29, 2016, 07:09:23 pm »

Wait, why didn't I name this character PYLON?
...Maybe PYLON can be the next character.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 29, 2016, 08:06:52 pm »

The "casual" mission may be about to get ugly.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 29, 2016, 08:17:53 pm »

spaz' characters really kow how to make friends, neh?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 29, 2016, 11:08:13 pm »

Going after the only healer.....
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: August 29, 2016, 11:11:39 pm »

Stuff the rest of the bread in my trousers and slink dejectedly out of the cafeteria. Look around.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: August 29, 2016, 11:24:14 pm »

spaz' characters really kow how to make friends, neh?
Hey as it stands I've done nothing wrong right now. Only asked that the tentacle man not kill the dragon lady and point out that the man will die either way if help is not given. Besides , I have a feeling shit was gonna break down either way
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 29, 2016, 11:26:13 pm »

Your action wasn't unreasonable, Spaz. I don't think Terrance's initial response was either, given the circumstances.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: August 29, 2016, 11:27:37 pm »

Your action wasn't unreasonable, Spaz. I don't think Terrance's initial response was either, given the circumstances.
eh, honestly, based off the action that got us where we are, that man's fucked. probably has a ribbed shoved into a lung. My character if told would just offer to put him out of his misery
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: August 29, 2016, 11:33:29 pm »

Noir dosent really know what is wrong with him and she dosent have much actual experience with Medicine so it's pretty reasonable why she could make mistakes with manual first aid but I'd give the guy a chance here mainly Becuase Noir's holy magic runs on compassion and Caring so they stand a chance of living.... Noir's doing pretty okayish for someone who spent most of her life in an alternative dimension.....that she's not evil is an accomplishment probably.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 30, 2016, 06:31:56 am »

Stuff the rest of the bread in my trousers and slink dejectedly out of the cafeteria. Look around.

Here is a post that kinda describes what you see out there

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 30, 2016, 09:21:41 am »

((So I can't just wander aimlessly? Aww.))

Try and find a safe place to curl up and sleep (or at least rest), away from creepy sentient carrots, murderous criminals and whatever other weird shit is lurking around here.

((Incidentally, I am going to go curl up and sleep right now myself. Rather than continuing to post whilst dozing off. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 30, 2016, 04:25:20 pm »

Edit: i've been kinda waiting on Xan's character sheet before I made a final decision about Egan, as I seem to have received all the votes I'm going to get.
 And maybe nikitian and Akuma's sheets as well. You guys let me know if it's gonna be more than another day before you can get one posted, so I can let Egan know one way or the other.

((So I can't just wander aimlessly? Aww.))

Try and find a safe place to curl up and sleep (or at least rest), away from creepy sentient carrots, murderous criminals and whatever other weird shit is lurking around here.

((Incidentally, I am going to go curl up and sleep right now myself. Rather than continuing to post whilst dozing off. :P))
(1) you wander the floor of the canyon for a while, but are intimidated by the dark openings in the walls ofthe cave, and refuse to explore. Especially the ones with light coming from them. in the end, you give up and settle down next to a boulder, which promptly begins to snore. You are a little to scared to move away from it, though, and sleep rather fitfully next to what you hope is not a man-eating rock of some kind. But it probably is.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:30:42 pm by Ozarck »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 194