Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 268757 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1485 on: October 29, 2016, 07:17:45 pm »

Go stash my book at the library, if I still have it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: October 29, 2016, 07:31:43 pm »

"Must be pretty shite, this sudden outbreak of water. Bet the desert was great at keeping yer various reagents dry," Fiddler says, brushing his armor for a moment before getting down to business.

Get to scooping. Maybe there's good stuff here to keep an eye out for!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: October 30, 2016, 02:41:57 am »

Find a nice dry place to observe the camp till the rain stops
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: October 30, 2016, 04:48:50 pm »

Get carted back to the entrance to the gnome's cave. Think briefly about the advantages and disadvantages of organic, magical, and mechanical composition.

Open character select screen.
Okay, the PYLON is placed. character select is open.

Altair returns to his workshop. He speaks to Terry in a clear and somewhat slow tone, as one might speak to a child.
I'm going to leave you here for a while. If you can, return to your nest and breed. After a month or so, take any offspring back here, I'd like to see them.

With that said, he leaves.

Leave Terry at the workshop, with instructions to reproduce and eventually bring his offspring back to the workshop. Find Pylon/the gnomes.
Terry scuttles off. You head out to the gnomes. looks like Egan is going to retire PYLON for a bit.

"Statement: Greetings again. You seem rather relaxed. did anything good happen?"

converse with the guy. Might as well hang around and talk for a while, seeing as he's the closest thing to a friend I've got around here.
"You know, I rather think it did. Greetings to yourself as well. You know, we've tried several times to bring some life to this place - make it less of a barren prison, and more of a ... I don't know, a nicer place, I guess. More livable. And now, at least for a moment, it feels that way."
He turns to you.
"And yourself? Looks like you have some new equipment. I take it you've been on a successful mission?"

Go stash my book at the library, if I still have it.
Okay. The guy at the library is not around, but the place is dryer than any you've seen in Omega today. You are hesitant to walk in, dripping wet, and so stand out in the stone hallway for a time as the dead air of Omega sucks the moisture away from you. Once you are suitably dry, you head in and place your book on a table beside a reading chair.

"Must be pretty shite, this sudden outbreak of water. Bet the desert was great at keeping yer various reagents dry," Fiddler says, brushing his armor for a moment before getting down to business.

Get to scooping. Maybe there's good stuff here to keep an eye out for!
"It's shite, but it's better than dying of dehydration all day, every day. A change every now and then is good, but ..." She gestures at the mess with a wide sweep of her arm. there's a small vial of something bobbing along that you scoop up and stow when she isn't looking.

the scooping is slow and tedious work, but at least it looks like no more water is coming in. In fact, it seems as if the storm is starting to let up a bit up above as well.

Find a nice dry place to observe the camp till the rain stops
You find a room off a long hall half way up the cliff, which has a wide window. the rain is coming down, but not as torrentially as it was. Waterfalls are pouring in from the plateau, and the bottom of the canyon is a lake. The loudest sound is the rain, which smells fresh. Occasional flickers of lightning race across the sky. Little is moving out there, except a strange vine-like bush down in the water, which is thrashing about quite energetically, sending up sheets of water every time it hits the surface of the new lake. You spot something else swimming just below the surface, or think you do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: October 30, 2016, 04:56:53 pm »

Rolling 1d3...
Result: [2]

Selecting new character...

New embodiment: Asiin Michael
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: October 30, 2016, 10:23:14 pm »

Might as well do some reading.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: October 31, 2016, 12:31:32 pm »

Find a gnome, introduce myself, and inquire about who made Pylon, and whether I can meet them. Continue the conversation with polite questions about the gnome caves and their inhabitants,

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: October 31, 2016, 01:07:14 pm »

"You'd assume somebody would have solved the dehydration problem in advance if they settled in a place like this. You mean you didn't actually have water here beforehand?"

Inquire, and make conversation as I scoop.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: October 31, 2016, 06:13:27 pm »

Rolling 1d3...
Result: [2]

Selecting new character...

New embodiment: Asiin Michael
Okay. Noted. I'll add it to my spreadsheet.

Might as well do some reading.
You read about a ritual to preserve dead flesh for transport. the details are tedious and uninteresting.

Find a gnome, introduce myself, and inquire about who made Pylon, and whether I can meet them. Continue the conversation with polite questions about the gnome caves and their inhabitants,
"He was probably manufactured in the City of Dresta, on the continent of Balaria. They have a thing for metallic electrical statuary. useful for border defense, lighting up the streets at night and zapping burglars, and to scare crows out of the fields."

"Oh, the caves here are not true gnome caves. Nothing here is really true to the place it resembles, you know. that is, as a construct, this place does not retain the essence of the original, but is a pale reflection thereof. We've made it as comfortable as we can, but nothing beats getting out of base for a time, to replenish one's spirit and soul."
"Oh, but this rain, awful as it is, has the feel of life in it"
"Yes, yes it does, but will it last?"
"Perhaps not. But something new may be happening."
"New is rarely a good thing for Omega. sure change is natural, and we must face what comes, but change is not always stable, now is it?"
"Well, of course not. Look at what happened when Mivakla changed the formula for evergrowth."
"Hah! We were cutting weeds for months. But Omega itself killed the vines eventually."
"But if Mivakla would ever discuss the changes, perhaps it could be useful still."

"You'd assume somebody would have solved the dehydration problem in advance if they settled in a place like this. You mean you didn't actually have water here beforehand?"

Inquire, and make conversation as I scoop.
"We have water. We have food, we have air and heat and cool. We have everything, but not enough. Never enough. ANd it's been like that for longer than anyone here remembers, except maybe the Captain, and the Stone Man. Oh perhaps a few other secretive inhabitants are old enough to remember. I don't know. they've never told me." She chuckles darkly at this. "We don't have rain here. Ever. Why now?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: November 01, 2016, 08:24:21 am »

"Ah, I see - now there's a story you'll no doubt like. I can tell you, if you want. But you'll then have to tell me something in return, if you don't mind."

Secrets for secrets, yes?

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: November 01, 2016, 02:49:49 pm »

Head back to the morgue and make sure none of my items are floating away.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: November 01, 2016, 08:46:26 pm »

"Reply: Indeed, the staff is rather nice and the robe looks spiffy. The mission was about as succesful as it could be, given the organics this one had to work with. One fucked up in the beginning and got itself killed by the geas. Then we lost half of the team along the way as well. Still, we set out to kill a priest, destroy a temple and steal an idol. And in the end we managed all of that and we brought a god back home.

Content statement: Things could certainly have gone worse."

Continue having a conversation with the man, R&R is important.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: November 01, 2016, 09:50:43 pm »

Arrive at Omega I guess. Anything important going to happen here?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: November 02, 2016, 04:42:51 pm »

"Ah, I see - now there's a story you'll no doubt like. I can tell you, if you want. But you'll then have to tell me something in return, if you don't mind."

Secrets for secrets, yes?
"Intriguing. I can't promise you the juiciest bits, but I'll bite. I'll share an interesting bit, within reason and within my own knowledge, of course."

Head back to the morgue and make sure none of my items are floating away.
You slosh down under the water and wade back to the morgue. It's murky in here, but you feel around until you find the drawer with your stash in it. It appears undisturbed. Want to open it to verify? Everything not already soaked will be.

"Reply: Indeed, the staff is rather nice and the robe looks spiffy. The mission was about as succesful as it could be, given the organics this one had to work with. One fucked up in the beginning and got itself killed by the geas. Then we lost half of the team along the way as well. Still, we set out to kill a priest, destroy a temple and steal an idol. And in the end we managed all of that and we brought a god back home.

Content statement: Things could certainly have gone worse."

Continue having a conversation with the man, R&R is important.

"Hah hah. Man, there's always one who can't keep their mouth shut on that kind of thing. Too bad, really. We need discrete, competent hands around here. Oh! htat idol? I think that is supposed to come here to the asyl- I mean, monastery. And you brought a god back? that's why the sudden storm then. Ahhhh. I bet the brass is shitting bricks right now about that one. New arrivals always seem to throw something out of balance. Oh! The monastery is coming along well. We are finished with the second floor. Had a guy haunted by the ghosts of a thousand dead fish for a while. He coughed up worms for a week, too. Now that was a sight."

Arrive at Omega I guess. Anything important going to happen here?
"...And here is an office for your use. It isn't usually this muddy. These cabinets- oh, oops! I didn't think the mud got up that far. Are you okay, dear? Hmmm. There should be some cloth and other items for the healing arts in here. Looks like you'll have to clean them thoroughly before they are of much use, except to the rock golems, of course, hahhahaha. Well, I should probably let you get settled in before we announce the new medic has arrived, right? Again, sorry about the mess. This almost never happens like this. it's usually fire or explosions, actually. Sometimes lightning. Or spiders. Well, take care!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: November 02, 2016, 09:06:35 pm »

"Thank you for showing me around, miss. The mud is no trouble."

Start rinsing off these medical supplies with some fresh rainwater. Uh, do people in this universe kind of understand bacteria and antibiotics? Might want to find a way to disinfect the bandages, with either magic or medicine.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 194