Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 269182 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bloodlust
« Reply #2355 on: May 24, 2017, 02:38:47 am »

((I know that being sensitive about a thing never stopped you from using that same thing in the past.))

((I also know, that in no uncertain terms, that being a 'non-caster' won't stop you from using magic.  You already mentioned buffs, for instance, which are certainly not physical attacks.))

((Anyway, I'm not voting, I'm too biased.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: May 24, 2017, 02:54:18 am »

((I honestly don't remember whatever you're talking about Dev. I will say that you did get it hiding in other characters correct, but it cant act other than to buff said character while doing that. thats also the only way it can buff.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: May 24, 2017, 02:57:52 am »

((...If the character uses purely physical attacks, how did it kill the nameless summoner in its backstory?
Surely with such poor strength and constitution it could be crushed like a mosquito by the average human. :P))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: May 24, 2017, 03:00:53 am »

((Immune to mind control, and lives in the physical bodies of others.))

((That's a literally immortal character running on a +4 save against anything that can affect you, and even if the host body should die, it'll be another roll at +4 to save your life and jump to the attacker.))

((Just run a team player with buffing spells to play a teamwork-dependant buffing character.  It'll be a breath of fresh air compared to the other murderhobos.  No reason you need to take any offensive skills, and the whole 'team player' stuff kinda gets diminished if you aren't sharing the risk with the others.))
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 03:06:06 am by Devastator »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: May 24, 2017, 03:05:13 am »

@Yoink: as previously answered ((was one of Devs many questions): ((The character was crippled by Omega after it was caught and captured. It previously had roughly +0 to +1 in physical stats and martial skills, and it acted as an ambush predator targeting the vulnerable))

@Dev: not all the hidden mechanics are positive. it very much can die without the host dying, and jumping to another body would be speed-based, not will. Exactly how is something very much in her best interest to keep hidden, because killing her that way is not even hard to do.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: May 24, 2017, 03:18:59 am »

@Dev: not all the hidden mechanics are positive. it very much can die without the host dying, and jumping to another body would be speed-based, not will. Exactly how is something very much in her best interest to keep hidden, because killing her that way is not even hard to do.

((It's looking pretty heavy on the positives right now.  It can't level up, but it still gains abilities, and probably in a better way.  I don't see any other negatives.  Saying that it can be killed, well, that applies to every other character, so isn't anything special.))

((Anyway, living in someone else's body is a nice way to get the -2 to Str, Con, and Dex to be meaningless bonus stat points.  Plus, well, if bodyswapping can be done from one creature to another, you'd could swap to the attacker before the host gets killed, using the host's speed stat, and likely a buffed speed stat.  That would reduce the importance of that -2 as well.  It would also mean you get to experience better stats than the host body itself.))

((At the end, getting to inhabit whoever you want, including PCs, AND to get bonus stats over and above their previous forms..  That is more powerful than being able to shapeshift into any creature you want, regardless of stats, and use all their magical and racial abilities.  This character can do that, while making the creature stronger than it was before you hopped in.))

((Didn't you just play a shapeshifter that had the powers of whatever creature you encountered?  This is the same character, except you get to play stronger versions of whatever creatures you encounter, while having more mental stats to render yourself less vulnerable.))
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 03:30:29 am by Devastator »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: May 24, 2017, 04:52:05 am »

((If you weren't making all kinds of wrong assumptions and twisted interpretations of what I'm saying then maybe you'd be relevent Dev.))
in order:
((the negs are a higher priority to keep hidden so of course they are less obvious.
it is much more killable than most characters if certain information is had.
yes, she can grow, better or worse is still to be seen, and depends on how shes played. I think it is a little better, of course, you being you, any ability to level at all would be crazy-op in your mind.

I actually completely ignored the stat point assignment system when designing the character. I'm fairly certain the numbers dont add up at all. feel free to check if you want, though I don't intend to change it just because it doesnt add up unless Oz want me to. Either way, the "stat dump" thing is groundless as a result.

swapping would be on my stat, not either host's. because reasons that will be obvious once its in play. again: I dont get to self-buff. idiot.

next two entire paragraphs: thats dumb and youre dumb for saying it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: May 24, 2017, 04:59:51 am »

@Yoink - Thrips seems like fun. Thrips for most character

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: May 24, 2017, 05:57:28 am »

((Hehehe, I can't help but visualize Thrips hulking out and screaming "I AM MOST CHARACTER!" before grabbing a nearby person and using them as a club to smash everything within reach.))

Now that the angry god seems to be contained, Dar's going to try and search out his friends again.  He'll start with Noir, and immediately stop if any sensation of the evil shows up; he can just search via mundane methods in that case.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: May 24, 2017, 07:03:28 am »

"Query: Did it work? Are you all right?"

Stick with overseer dude. Help him with cleanup or whatever else he needs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: May 24, 2017, 07:19:39 am »

((Aw, thanks. Thrips is certainly fun to play.))
((Hehehe, I can't help but visualize Thrips hulking out and screaming "I AM MOST CHARACTER!" before grabbing a nearby person and using them as a club to smash everything within reach.))
((...brb changing mah action.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: May 24, 2017, 07:53:39 am »

Play nice, fellas. I asked for discussion so the character wouldn't become a point of contention mid-play.

Dev is raising valid questions, and asking them blind, so cut him some slack, Lenglon, please. and, should i really have to say "no personal attacks or insults?

Should I have to invoke another rule? "No pms between you two on this issue (or this game at all). Bring all concerns through your friendly neighborhood spiderGM, or here in thread."

By the way
Spaz, your character, during the crisis, is pulled through the blackness into a 'place.' Never mnd where. Once the crisis was resolved, he was pushed back through, into the cafeteria.

And since 'm here, may as well do a turn for posted actions:
All three shards instinctively try to take over the bodies they land on.
Alright, that's three hacking minigames.
First game: you are in orbit above a vast, brown forest. You have six actions. You may ask a total of three questions. Additional questions may be purchased for actions, number per action dependent on question. I say actions because you can do more than one per turn, though that's not really advisable.
Second minigame: A sorting minigame. You have one hundred numbers. You must arrange them sequentially. I will tell you when you locate a number properly (the number 26 is properly located). Each move, I will tell you if you got a number closer or farther from sequence. Moves are by swapping two numbers. You may make 1000 swaps.
third game: You have six dials on a single axis. You must orient all six to their proper position zero degrees is up. You may move each dial six times. current positions are, in degrees clockwise: 134, 167, 253, 280, 313, 314

Now that the angry god seems to be contained, Dar's going to try and search out his friends again.  He'll start with Noir, and immediately stop if any sensation of the evil shows up; he can just search via mundane methods in that case.
Dar's search along his link to Noir leads to a severed thread. His physical search finds only chaos and mud. The 'evil' does not show, except residually.

"Query: Did it work? Are you all right?"

Stick with overseer dude. Help him with cleanup or whatever else he needs.

It all ended before you got to the central area. You saw, as you raced across the plateau, some very large creatures fighting, but you did not process what was going on. Looks like most of what needs done is rubble removal. So you begin loading rocks into carts.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: May 24, 2017, 11:19:38 am »

Vlad looks about confused and disoriented
"The 'ell? How and what and where?"
Well go look for a way to help fix stuff up
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: May 24, 2017, 11:31:41 am »

((Poor dar...he's gonna be heartbroken))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: May 24, 2017, 03:43:28 pm »

Ah, okay then.

First
Question the first: what is the object of this game?
Second
Swap 1 with 100.
Third
Rotate each dial 90 degrees clockwise.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 194