Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 266098 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bloodlust
« Reply #2385 on: May 30, 2017, 08:49:56 pm »

Dar silently sits amid the rubble for a long while, head bowed and eyes closed, searching for Aylia and examining the draconic entity that had killed her.  When he finally stirs, he is much calmer than before, but still with an angry edge to his gaze.  He quickly stalks off with a purpose, ignoring the struggling workers around him.

Dar will leave to find one of the men in a position of command.  Captain Grey, perhaps?  You haven't actually given much personal detail to them, but one of the dudes that briefs legionnaires and orders them around.  He's going to demand that he be released from Omega Legion service, though he doesn't actually expect to be allowed out.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: June 03, 2017, 07:06:03 pm »

Something simplle, a simple boost to protection work Like something that slows down and deflects projectiles?
Some kind of charmed artifact that has a set number of charges for deflections? A bead bracelet, perhaps?

Dar silently sits amid the rubble for a long while, head bowed and eyes closed, searching for Aylia and examining the draconic entity that had killed her.  When he finally stirs, he is much calmer than before, but still with an angry edge to his gaze.  He quickly stalks off with a purpose, ignoring the struggling workers around him.

Dar will leave to find one of the men in a position of command.  Captain Grey, perhaps?  You haven't actually given much personal detail to them, but one of the dudes that briefs legionnaires and orders them around.  He's going to demand that he be released from Omega Legion service, though he doesn't actually expect to be allowed out.
Dar eventually encounters The Stone Man. What is this? You wish to leave Omega? Why?

@Lenglon

Valerie Valyrie stands, in a grey, featureless room, thrice her height in each direction. No shadows fall in this room. No source of light is evident. Yet the room is clear, and every detail, such as there are, is evident. This room is nothing, and Soon, Valerie Valyrie herself will be nothing. There is no mark here, no shadow of herself, no place in which to imprint herself. Valerie Valyrie waits, and the tension in her rises as she fades. Once more, however, her death is interrupted by the voice: cold, featureless, directionless. Valerie Valyrie is not sure if a living being would be capable of making such an empty sound.

"Creature of Shadow and Light. Hostile to life, yet seeking to live. Your very existence a threat. Yet, you may be useful to us still. You wish to live, but we cannot allow you freedom Within the Queen's Realms. The Oath remains open to you, as expressed before. It seems this is the last time we will be offering it."
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 12:51:50 pm by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: June 03, 2017, 07:13:01 pm »

that works
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: June 03, 2017, 11:08:40 pm »

"I-"
"I yield."
"I have little choice."
"Do it."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: June 04, 2017, 08:21:39 pm »

((I'm unfamiliar with the Stone Man.  Could you describe it, please?))

Dar'yajira immediately responds with a snarl, his eyes narrowed and ears drawn back, as if he were facing down some mortal foe rather than requesting freedom.  "Cat wishes to leave this place because it is created trap, it is death, devoid of nature, drawing the worst of all into itself to fester!"  His voice gets more stressed as he continues, until he's practically screaming at the Stone Man, body shaking with rage.  "Death is natural, but this, this--tele akrai o'hama, yes, it perverts it, it does not follow death with rebirth, it simply ends!  Destroys!  Wastefully!  No!  Dar'yajira refuses to play this game of destruction, it refuses to be annihilated purposelessly, only being used to ruin o'hama across worlds!"

If uninterrupted, he angrily rants about similar things for awhile, gradually slipping more and more into bilingual nonsense.  Whether or not he eventually peters out or just works himself up so much that he attacks the Stone Man, I'll leave up to a will roll.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: June 06, 2017, 06:32:55 pm »

that works
A wristband with five beads of defelction then.

"I-"
"I yield."
"I have little choice."
"Do it."
A coin appears from above, and falls with a clanging bounce onto the floor in the middle of the room.
"The Oath is as follows: I swear to honor the Queen, to uphold the Kingdom, and to serve faithfully as an agent of the Legion. As long as I exist I will never act to destroy that which the Queen defends. You must take the oath with the coin in hand."

ah hah. oops.

((I'm unfamiliar with the Stone Man.  Could you describe it, please?))

Dar'yajira immediately responds with a snarl, his eyes narrowed and ears drawn back, as if he were facing down some mortal foe rather than requesting freedom.  "Cat wishes to leave this place because it is created trap, it is death, devoid of nature, drawing the worst of all into itself to fester!"  His voice gets more stressed as he continues, until he's practically screaming at the Stone Man, body shaking with rage.  "Death is natural, but this, this--tele akrai o'hama, yes, it perverts it, it does not follow death with rebirth, it simply ends!  Destroys!  Wastefully!  No!  Dar'yajira refuses to play this game of destruction, it refuses to be annihilated purposelessly, only being used to ruin o'hama across worlds!"

If uninterrupted, he angrily rants about similar things for awhile, gradually slipping more and more into bilingual nonsense.  Whether or not he eventually peters out or just works himself up so much that he attacks the Stone Man, I'll leave up to a will roll.
will: (5) Having satisfied himself that his point as made, Dar'yajira stares haughtily at the Stone Man, lashing his tail in emphasis of his distaste.

The Stone Man is dark grey, bipedal, with two arms. It is in vague shape of humanoids, but is indistinct enough that it could have originated from any of dozens of humanoid races. It is larger than an average representative of most races, though not so big as the average troll or ogre. It's facial features are smooth, bland, and stony. It does move with a fluidity that suggests an organic nature though.

"A common enough sentiment. Omega base is, in fact, a prison. A prison where evil is sent to die. It is only by the grace of the Queen that we, any of us, may do good in the world, in spite of our ... imbalance.

I cannot grant you freedom. I do not have the authority. Only the Queen does. And, young Dar'yajira, it would take a feat of importance to the Kingdom for the Queen to look on you and make such a release possible.

However, perhaps ... perhaps we can arrange something for you. Omega has many arms. Perhaps there is a way you can act in service of, how did you put it? "The natural cycle?" Would this appease your anger?"
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 06:43:56 pm by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: June 06, 2017, 06:43:35 pm »

Well, time to go explore about then.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: June 06, 2017, 06:45:58 pm »

I uncurl from my huddled position against a wall and crawl over to the coin, grasping it in my right hand.
"I swear, to honor the Queen, to uphold the kingdom, and to serve faithfully as an agent of the Legion. As long as I exist I will never act to destroy that which the Queen defends."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: June 08, 2017, 08:30:52 pm »

Well, time to go explore about then.
Big canyon. Lots of stone hallways. A little grass. arenas, cafeteria, a menagerie of criminal sapients.

I uncurl from my huddled position against a wall and crawl over to the coin, grasping it in my right hand.
"I swear, to honor the Queen, to uphold the kingdom, and to serve faithfully as an agent of the Legion. As long as I exist I will never act to destroy that which the Queen defends."
The Coin burns in Valyrie's grasp - a white hot, searing pain of truth and consequence, threatening to lay bare her very soul - or lack thereof. THe pain scours her, inside and out, and then calms into a quiet, pulsing tracery. An unseen door opens, and a mechanical orb hovers into the room, it's single, large eye unblinking.

Quarters have been assigned. Follow.

It turns without pause and floats through the open door.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: June 08, 2017, 08:46:34 pm »

I attempt to follow.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: June 08, 2017, 11:10:30 pm »

Head down the first hallway I see
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: June 09, 2017, 11:32:25 pm »

Gonna be out of town for two weeks starting tomorrow. I'll probably still update as per my usual, slow schedule, though.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: June 09, 2017, 11:37:22 pm »

Gonna be out of town for two weeks starting tomorrow. I'll probably still update as per my usual, slow schedule, though.
have fun!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: June 10, 2017, 02:29:05 am »

have fun!
THIS!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: June 13, 2017, 04:45:18 pm »

First time I've gotten a chance to get on here during the trip. I've been dealing with a blown head gasket. Maybe. Three days and counting, and the car isn't even home yet, let alone to a mechanic. So I don't even know if the car is salvageable, and if it is, will it be repaired before I need to be back home. Hang tight you guys. Wish me luck.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 194