Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 266068 times)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bloodlust
« Reply #2460 on: August 23, 2017, 10:31:03 am »

"Ape, there is no time to explain, you must grab me and run east as fast as you can or a large worm is gonna eat us."

Grab whoever just told me to grab him and proceed to run eastward at the fastest speed possible.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: August 23, 2017, 10:35:13 am »

"People don't deserve to be some monster's lunch. This worm will have to starve."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: August 23, 2017, 02:49:07 pm »

Ozarck.

1.The baron of the city murdered her mentor to hide his corruption and to serve as an example, in general, to not mess with the affairs of the nobility.
2.Yes
3.Yes, most of the army ((my character's)) has been destroyed by the devastating battle that resulted in her capture but there is at least 2 thousand men left. They might last a while and are going to try to do their best to survive and subvert the queen in any way they can.
The guards release your arms and you fall onto your hands and knees in the small, dirty shack. A small table sits along one short wall. a single stool beside it, a small, fat candle rests on top. From the looks of it, this is not the first candle to burn to a puddle in that spot. A minute later and a small. three legged thing with eyestalks strides into the room and places itself on the stool. From one hand, it drops a sheaf of papers onto the desk and with the other two it lights the candle.
"You are here to receive sentencing for your crimes against the Queen and Country. Your options are death, banishment to the Realm of Sulfur, trnasformation, or induction into the Omega Legion, where you will serve the Queen as penance for your misdeeds. You may consider your options. You may ask me questions. You may, of course, issue threats, cast insults, or plead for mercy."

Max adjusts her mask to keep the sand out of her mouth and walks through the desert, to what appears to be shelter. On her way she casually crushes a scorpion, as lack of scholarship is no indication of lack of situational awareness.
Tremors, eh? They burst from the ground, which seems me like a great moment to hit it with a heavy vertical strike, to use it's own momentum against it. Or are you trying to prove that it's not worth playing a character without magic by throwing me into a fight without a weapon? Are you even going to let me notice the worm before it comes and eats me? I was kinda hoping to survive more than a turn this time.
I had no intentions of any such thing. Bold your actions. I do suggest running, though. You have a greater chance of lasting a couple more rounds at least. Heck, I'll even say you started out a little east of the others and were headed vaguely that direction. And I don't recall saying anything about any Graboids.

"Ape, there is no time to explain, you must grab me and run east as fast as you can or a large worm is gonna eat us."
Flee with the ape (if he answers, alone if not) from the giant worm and go east, try to predict where will it go or when will it attack to be able to avoid any attacks before they happen.
(If I know where will an attack happen and when will it happen, do I still roll for stuff like speed or dexterity?)
foreknowledge might give you an advantage, but you will still roll speed and dex against attacks, yes. Knowing, after all, is only half the battle. anyway, the Ape wastes no time in tucking you under it's arm like a big, meaty football and hightailing hoofing sprinting eastward. It is hampered in it's movement by only being able to use one foreleg to run with, but it makes good time.

Grab whoever just told me to grab him and proceed to run eastward at the fastest speed possible.
I mean, there are weirder things than giant floating eyeballs in the world, right? So you tuck the talking orb under and arm and run east. You feel teh ground begin to shift beneath your feet.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: August 23, 2017, 03:06:37 pm »

Run? Nah, not cool enough. I'm walking, without rhythm~ That fool sprinting at full speed on three limbs will make my soft footsteps a distant suggestion of a soft breeze.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: August 23, 2017, 03:25:44 pm »

Use my sight to see the worm underground, and determine weak spots in its body, try to remember if I know about sand worms.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: August 23, 2017, 05:45:30 pm »

((...forgot to post this eleven hours ago.  Ah well.

@Ozarck
Doesn't ATH get a free levelup, from having a char on the Metal Moon Massacre Mission?  I know the deaders got one for their next character, and Noir did die more or less immediately afterward.

@ATH
I'd highly recommend you make Strength +0, and Endurance +2.  And maybe change dex -2 to -1 and add -1 spd.  Both of those make leveling more efficient, and should help with survivability.  Also, you should make magic +2, losing gen know or spec's +1.  Or lose a point from one of the three and get rid of three negative levels.  All assuming that you're right about getting a free levelup.

Oh, and welcome back.  Try to stay away from Dar this time, that character isn't gonna work well with him at all.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: August 23, 2017, 07:43:07 pm »

((uh. I mean I kinda built the character based off back story more than anything. I'll consider it I suppose. But I'd be okay with an extra level I suppose. I mean it makes a little sense ic I did get outta a battle recently I suppose. I'm inevitably gonna run into you so I suppose I should brace for that. Really happy to hear he is still alive though. ))

A clunk and a rattling as she hit the floor it's because of a bit of her armor breaking off. Paint chipping decoration's ruined breathing deep...tired. Exhausted beyond belief her body hurt...everything hurt really. Her pride. Her emotion's her soul felt like it was shattering in her mind but that was, of course, an exaggeration it was still there after all.She just laid there for a moment or two one might think that she had honestly died when she hit the floor not supporting herself or holding herself up.

Her breathing shallow. A few moment's passed before she began to slowly rise and gently lean against a nearby wall glaring at the three...eyed whatever the fuck it was. Wiping her face and mouth of any blood that may still remain her hair parted to the side ever so lightly the purple nub's on her face visible without effort before she managed to finally speak..she had at least heard what he said.

Her voice was...gruff. Relatively deep and brimming a bit with one would suppose barely contained rage.

"I as you can guess. Do not particularly desire death. If I did then I could just have let myself slip away when I got impaled."

Bitter their voice bitter angry brimming with rage...shame....Grief. Their hand's shaking now as they managed to continue.

"Is not the sulphur land's a death sentence? What do you mean by Transformation?"

Ask what they mean by Transformation. Get my ass up off my the ground. Say and do the above basically.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:49:01 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: August 23, 2017, 09:38:23 pm »

Avoid as many of the worm's attacks as possible while still running east and trying to not crush the orb in the process. If possible, do it in such a way that might confuse it and thus put it at a potential disadvantage.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 10:12:11 am by SuperDino85 »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: August 23, 2017, 10:40:41 pm »

Avoid as many of the worm's attacks as possible while still running east and trying to not crush the orb in the process. If possible, do it in such a way that might confuse it and thus put it at a potential disadvantage.
((Only I can see the worm (I think) because of my ability. It is still underground.))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: August 24, 2017, 05:26:08 am »

((Only I can see the worm (I think) because of my ability. It is still underground.))

(Well, yeah, but if you're feeling the ground shift beneath your feet you don't really want to hold a straight course because that will make it easier for the worm. So I suppose i didn't say it correctly)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: August 24, 2017, 05:29:38 am »

Avoid any sign of shifting ground while still trying to head east
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 10:12:46 am by SuperDino85 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: August 26, 2017, 04:11:57 am »

Run? Nah, not cool enough. I'm walking, without rhythm~ That fool sprinting at full speed on three limbs will make my soft footsteps a distant suggestion of a soft breeze.
This is where Max' strategic insight really starts to show itself. Any moment that undergruond monster wil veer away after that monkey thing and the ....big bag of pus, or whatever it is. Any moment now.
Any.
Moment.
Now.
Suddenly, Max remembers a vital point: She is not of House Atreides. This strategy would, of course, have worked flawlessly on Arrakis.

Or if there were merely one of whatever it is that's coming.
(2) and here you are, hundreds of yards from solid stone.

Damn, are you the action hero, or the comedic relief? Gotta think Max. Think!

Use my sight to see the worm underground, and determine weak spots in its body, try to remember if I know about sand worms.
(1) all you see is that there are lots of whatever it is. Luckily, they aren't as big as you thought. unfortunately, this brings you into mind of piranhas, hordes of fire ants, swarms of locusts, and other small creatures who, in large numbers, tend to cause large problems for ... well, anything edible, really.

"r-run faster. p-please run faster."

((...forgot to post this eleven hours ago.  Ah well.

@Ozarck
Doesn't ATH get a free levelup, from having a char on the Metal Moon Massacre Mission?  I know the deaders got one for their next character, and Noir did die more or less immediately afterward.

@ATH
I'd highly recommend you make Strength +0, and Endurance +2.  And maybe change dex -2 to -1 and add -1 spd.  Both of those make leveling more efficient, and should help with survivability.  Also, you should make magic +2, losing gen know or spec's +1.  Or lose a point from one of the three and get rid of three negative levels.  All assuming that you're right about getting a free levelup.

Oh, and welcome back.  Try to stay away from Dar this time, that character isn't gonna work well with him at all.))
sure, sure, she can. I'll need to see the finalized sheet, with indication of where the level-up went. Before she uses the stats for anthing, as usual.

((uh. I mean I kinda built the character based off back story more than anything. I'll consider it I suppose. But I'd be okay with an extra level I suppose. I mean it makes a little sense ic I did get outta a battle recently I suppose. I'm inevitably gonna run into you so I suppose I should brace for that. Really happy to hear he is still alive though. ))

A clunk and a rattling as she hit the floor it's because of a bit of her armor breaking off. Paint chipping decoration's ruined breathing deep...tired. Exhausted beyond belief her body hurt...everything hurt really. Her pride. Her emotion's her soul felt like it was shattering in her mind but that was, of course, an exaggeration it was still there after all.She just laid there for a moment or two one might think that she had honestly died when she hit the floor not supporting herself or holding herself up.

Her breathing shallow. A few moment's passed before she began to slowly rise and gently lean against a nearby wall glaring at the three...eyed whatever the fuck it was. Wiping her face and mouth of any blood that may still remain her hair parted to the side ever so lightly the purple nub's on her face visible without effort before she managed to finally speak..she had at least heard what he said.

Her voice was...gruff. Relatively deep and brimming a bit with one would suppose barely contained rage.

"I as you can guess. Do not particularly desire death. If I did then I could just have let myself slip away when I got impaled."

Bitter their voice bitter angry brimming with rage...shame....Grief. Their hand's shaking now as they managed to continue.

"Is not the sulphur land's a death sentence? What do you mean by Transformation?"

Ask what they mean by Transformation. Get my ass up off my the ground. Say and do the above basically.

"Transformation? simple. We hand you over to the alchemists and wizards, and even the gnomes. They experiment on you. Eventually, you become something far less than you are now. Usually, you become a broken, monstrous entity, unable to survive without constant care. Sometimes, you wold be driven mad. Sometimes instead you find the peace that the unknowing find - living only to eat, sleep, and wander. Often, you die.

As for Omega Legion, well, I will not lie. Why should I? It is more often a death sentence than not, but if you are wise, lucky, or strong enough to overcome, you can survive, and even thrive there. Some of the Legion become quite strong, even respected in teh world. Oddly enough, some take great pride in their association with that place. Even more oddly, they occasionally get a volunteer who isn't stark raving mad.

but know this: You will serve the Queen in Omega. In life or in death, you will belong to her. I understand that this will be a bitter pill to swallow for a rebel such as yourself. Perhaps you will grow to accept that and even to serve Her willingly - even wholeheartedly. Perhaps you will hate every minute of your bondage. I don't know. I've seen both."

Avoid any sign of shifting ground while still trying to head east
(5) you manage to get to rocky ground and up a rough slope. the sounds of underearth pursuit begin to fade. You look back, and at the edge of the rocks a dozen pale, greenish eel-like creatures writhe. Some advance toward you, but much slower than they did in the sand. You look forward and are greeted by the sight of a vast canyon, in teh shape of the Greek letter Omega. On the far side, you see a single structure like a castle or a fort or something. It is the only sign of life on the plateau. Well, there are a couple of scraggly little plants and stuff, too.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: August 26, 2017, 06:28:27 am »

Staring quietly at the three eyed thing with a frown on their battered and bruised face. Shaking as they took in the options. As they heard the four options they had. Destruction. almost certain unspeakable Death. Certain Death.Slavery But a chance. Going with all four of those....they only really had one option, did they? Slavery. It was Slavery no doubt. No matter how she was...picking this option. It was still the same. Hatred boiled inside her.

Deep. Strong. Resentment in their eye's as they looked at the being again and clenched their tied fists. She would set one thing straight though...after some bitter talk of course. It was just oozing from her mouth today certainly. She had a lot to be bitter and angry about understandably.

"My my my...such...variety in Choice's isn't there....I regret that I have to pick this choice. I certainly didn't want to be the damsel in distress for my knight's as you can guess. But if I have to pick between Almost certainly dying horribly. Being experimented on and probably die horribly. Or being executed. I will happily pick the option that allows me to live another day and maybe one day if the stars align and the world is kind to me. Have the potential of the queen being dethroned and me being brought outta here by my men. I...partially wish that no blood had to be shed. But..the nobility...showed their ineptitude and corruption. I do not regret doing what I did and I know what I did was right."

Giving a small smirk. Looking the eye thing in the eye. Defiance roaring in her eye's in her very soul. Her voice stoic and honest with an ever so small amount of snide.

"Feel free to tell the Queen that no matter what happen's. I will not feel regret for my action's and that I am unrepentant."

I did What was right. Join Omega Legion in hopes of living another day and hoping for a Future where My Knight's succeed and I and the people may be free.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 06:44:45 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: August 26, 2017, 10:13:52 am »

The Omega! This is what I was looking for! Let's go to the castle!
Wait for Ape to carry me to the castle, I guess. Unless he doesn't. If he doesn't take me to the castle, go float alone there.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: August 27, 2017, 07:11:32 am »

Well...here we go.

Cooperate with the x-ray vision talking eyeball thing I'm carrying by heading towards the castle and bringing him (or her?(or it?)) with me. And since I'm an herbalist I think it would be a benefit to briefly examine the plants along the way to determine any potential uses they might have.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 07:55:20 am by SuperDino85 »
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 194