Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 269077 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bloodlust
« Reply #2536 on: October 10, 2017, 10:06:01 pm »

[nam flashbacks]
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: October 11, 2017, 06:57:26 am »

I can do it on the base, if everyone wants. I'll drag both teams back for the festivities.

I have an idea for an event that could be considered quite horrifying, considering the nature of most of your characters.

I also have an idea for a potential reward / character progression situation for he unlucky survivors.

Could scrap the real horror and just stick with the typical zombie army instead. creature of darkness and hate, mind warper, dangerous item that absorbs several characters into one. That kind of thing

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: October 11, 2017, 07:32:17 am »

B-team can probably be back in time anyway. All we have left to do is that teleportation shenanigans to get the kids back and that's pretty much our mission done, unless I'm forgetting something.

I'm up for a horrifying event, though I'm worried about a nuke door kind of thing happening.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: October 11, 2017, 07:38:18 am »

((Some Omega bigwig with a serious sweet tooth and a lack of scruples decides to abuse their power, sending a bunch of costumed legionnaires off to fill a wagon with the tastiest candy products in the known world - but beware, the pixies/[other fantasy race] of Big Rock Candy Mountain are well accustomed to bloodthirsty outsiders attempting to rob them off their legendary confectionery, and the thick jungles surrounding their mountainous home are chock-full of booby traps (mostly involving increasingly inventive configurations of sharpened wooden stakes), hidden tunnels and stealth-trained guerilla pixie commandos armed with poisoned blowpipes, javelins and all manner of crude-yet-effective, jungle-suitable weaponry. The safest, least likely to be trapped route is a river that flows through the mountain itself, straight into the heart of darkness - but any watercraft attempting to traverse it would be easily detected and subject to ambush. Will the Omega team have sufficient tricks up the sleeves of their costumes to get the treats? Or will the trick-or-treaters become the trick-or-treat...ed?     
Let's make those 'Nam flashbacks real.

...Of course, with a certain character I can already forsee a considerable advantage for the away team.
"I love the smell of dragonbreath in the morning."))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: October 11, 2017, 07:44:23 am »

((you're overhinking that mission. That sounds more complicated even than normal, but not by much.

All I really gotta do to make my players truly miserable is present them a door.))

I'm worried about a nuke door kind of thing happening.
It doesn't even have to be nuked. Just a regular door seems pretty effective.
I could give you guys a cliff, a boat, and a generic npc greeting. That outta be enough fun for a month. I estimate roughly four survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: October 11, 2017, 09:03:09 am »

Hey now, I'm trying my best. Command should have just issued us written instruction and maybe a teleportation scroll if they wanted peak efficiency.

Damn budget cuts, we can't get a nice premade teleport, but I bet command is wine-ing and dine-ing like kings.  :P

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: October 14, 2017, 01:03:05 pm »

Spoiler: giant octopus (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: October 14, 2017, 02:48:16 pm »

While your character is balanced and perfectly fine, and therefore approved as is, remember that -2s can be lethal in any stat, so minmaxing like this is still risky. that said, welcome aboard, again. You'll be let out of a crate in the kitchen, because that amuses me.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: October 14, 2017, 03:19:22 pm »

While your character is balanced and perfectly fine, and therefore approved as is, remember that -2s can be lethal in any stat, so minmaxing like this is still risky. that said, welcome aboard, again. You'll be let out of a crate in the kitchen, because that amuses me.
Why am I in a crate in the kitchen?
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: October 14, 2017, 03:57:24 pm »

That's how you got hauled in, and where they dumped you.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: October 14, 2017, 04:06:05 pm »

Oh, okay.

When do I start existing?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 07:55:57 pm by randomgenericusername »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: October 22, 2017, 06:13:32 pm »

anytime.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: October 22, 2017, 06:18:39 pm »

Try to get out of the crate. Where am I? How did I get here? Try to remember.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: October 22, 2017, 06:46:54 pm »

Try to get out of the crate. Where am I? How did I get here? Try to remember.
You Flop out of the crate onto the stone floor in a wide open space. The room is brightly lit, with the sounds and smells of cooking allaround. There is lots of activity, with people bustling to and fro. THree beings surround you and the crate, looking at you with bemused expressions. One holds a prybar. You are actually in more of a storage area to the side of the kitchens rather than directly in the kitchen. Uh ... how big are you, anyway?
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 194