Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 268547 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Omega Base
« Reply #2640 on: December 03, 2017, 01:56:42 am »

I'm quitting this game.  If you want to write Dar'yajira out in a smooth way, I suggest you retcon him into having been killed by Grey or the treant thing, after he refused to stop being aggressive.  Dying after attacking something far stronger than him is a fitting end for Dar.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: December 03, 2017, 04:10:07 am »

"Yes, you may all take whatever equipment you can find in the armory and elsewhere. Only certain artifacts are off limits.

Do we get any kind of gear before the mission? I want some magic jewellery since I can't use weapons or armor. Any kind of magic ring would be fine.
I vote for drop location 3 and ask if we can have any equipment for the mission like rings for my tentacles.
((reply is above so everyone can see it)). Make a list. You are capable of wearing eight rings.

Try to figure out what exactly happened to me before going to the mission. check to see if the chains come off him. Oh yeah and remember to get a sword this time.
You failed to return when the mission was over, and Omega base sucked you in and mutated you into a sort of ghoul. The chains connect to this guy as well. You heading to the armory? a sword is easy enough. anything else?

Go run about on the new leg for a bit.  Where am I?
The plains above Omega Base. You run in the sand for a bit. It feels comfortingly warm, and the leg is whole.

Clunkers will remain unmoving, standing still like only a construct can.

"Polite reply: Please, do not panic. It seems you are mistaken in this one's mission. Allow this one to clarify.

Begin playback:

"There's an expert on runic portals in Strashfern. Name of Enning Dask. We require his expertise. He is to be treated as a guest, and not as a hostile, a prisoner, or an Omega. The University is whee you will find him."
End Playback.

Query: Do you understand?"

Explain to the good professor that I am not a murderbot send here to murderize him.
He is visibly relieved at this, and agrees to accompany you to Omega. He asks to visit the provost first, to give notice of a leave of absence. Once that is done, he'll accompany you ((feel free to assume that happens, unless you want to drag him off without the visit. It really doesn't matter))

Welp...I appear to be set...so I guess I'll ask around for how to get to the "rusty...thing in the sky" but don't go yet untill I have a capable team. (Also since I got these potions...were my plants used up...or do I still have them?)
You will be transported there when the mission starts. We have several means of transportation. The simplest are the flying carts we sent last time.
Are you sure you are fully equipped? I am sure the armory has something you will find fitting.

I'm quitting this game.  If you want to write Dar'yajira out in a smooth way, I suggest you retcon him into having been killed by Grey or the treant thing, after he refused to stop being aggressive.  Dying after attacking something far stronger than him is a fitting end for Dar.
Ah well, that's too bad, but not really a surprise. Sorry to see you go.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: December 03, 2017, 05:14:27 am »

Look around and try to figure out how I got here.  Then fly back to my cave.  Hope nobody touched my stuff.  Fear anyone who moved my rock!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 05:16:47 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: December 03, 2017, 07:02:35 am »

I would like rings that would cause effects like these:

-Ring that helps me cause more damage
-Ring that helps me resist more damage
-Ring that makes me more stealthy
-Ring that makes me resist magic, elements or the enviroment
-Ring that makes it easier to control others
-Ring that makes me smarter
-Ring that makes me more agile and nimble
-Ring that makes me more charismatic

These are just suggestions, please give me interesting rings and surprise me.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: December 03, 2017, 07:47:14 am »

mabe a shield, other than that I'm good
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 03:31:34 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: December 04, 2017, 03:18:40 pm »

Eh...guess I better take another look inside the armory for any additional useful equipment/items...just in case.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: December 04, 2017, 04:39:32 pm »

Gak, seeing this opportunity for what it is, takes as many enchanted knives (whether just 'standard' supernaturally sharp stuff or more esoteric effects doesn't really matter) as the Armory will let him get away with.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: December 04, 2017, 04:53:19 pm »

Retroactively leap into action after only a minute or two of fearful indecision, as opposed to multiple turns' worth.

First, sneak into the kitchen and fill my pockets with a bunch of hot chillies or other spicy vegetables. If anyone objects, inform them that it is a matter of life and death and that, besides, I was the one who arranged for a shipment of more-interesting spices to end up here during my first mission, anyway, so letting me stuff my pockets with chillies is the least they can do by way of thanks.

Then acquire a bunch of some kind of snacks or other that seem most likely to appeal to a troll. Stuff whatever-it-is in a bag, then take stock of my inventory. Do I have any coins left, at all? How am I doing for time?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: December 05, 2017, 08:46:16 am »

Mission Thread

There is the mission thread for you guys. Read the little speech, and if I have left something out of hte briefing, let me know and I'll edit the OP.

No hurry to get going. You can post here, or you can take your preparations there.

Look around and try to figure out how I got here.  Then fly back to my cave.  Hope nobody touched my stuff.  Fear anyone who moved my rock!
(1) you only remember hurting, then sleeping, and now this. (3) you return to your cave and nudge your rock around a bit. It smells like gnome. You are not sure if that is because someone touched it, or because the whole place kinda smells like gnome. And explosions.

I would like rings that would cause effects like these:

-Ring that helps me cause more damage
-Ring that helps me resist more damage
-Ring that makes me more stealthy
-Ring that makes me resist magic, elements or the enviroment
-Ring that makes it easier to control others
-Ring that makes me smarter
-Ring that makes me more agile and nimble
-Ring that makes me more charismatic

These are just suggestions, please give me interesting rings and surprise me.

1) Ring of Random Fire: a ring that causes fire when the limb it is worn on is swung with hostile intent. The fire is not easily directed or controlled.
2) Ring of protection from Thorns. Not terribly useful in a mostly metallic environment. Perhaps a "ring of protection from jagged metal" would have been preferable
3) Ring of Smoke: fills the area with a thin smoke. the wearer is immune to the effects, except that they cannot see through the smoke any more clearly than another.
4) Ring of Steel: that's better. A ring that protects against steel. Beware though, if you are surrounded by steel, like if you are in a hallway or a tower or soemthing, the effects overload, possibly with negative consequences.
5) Ring of Fairy Dance: while the wearer concentrates, roughly one to five beings will have an overwhelming urge to dance.
6) Hmm. About the only way I can give you a ring that makes you smarter is if the ring I give you is smarter than you. that could have serious consequences.
7) Ring of Mimickry: while concentrating, wearer can alter their form toward that of any nearby or recently encountered beings. the effect is not total (i.e. you don't turn itno a mermaid but you might sprout gills or a tail). But, as an octopus, you are already fairly flexible in form anyway, so the effects are probably stronger for you, except that your flexible body does not adopt rigid structures well (spikes, bones, hard plates).
8) to make you more charismatic, you'd need to announce a specific type of being toward whom you would be more charismatic. This can be a race (human, troll, cat, monkeyspider), a place of origin (desert folk, beings from the elemental Plane of Coffee), a carreer type (sorcerer, mathematician, fry cook), or some other identifier (anime enthusiast, genderfluid, smells faintly of wax).

mabe a shield, other than that I'm good
okay, you get a sword and a shield. sturdy, reliable, mundane. any time you are being attacked, remind me you are using the shield, so I can give you the defense bonus.

Eh...guess I better take another look inside the armory for any additional useful equipment/items...just in case.
you could totally armor up, get better weaponry, get special items like mechanical drones, whatever. If you really don't want them, no worries.

Gak, seeing this opportunity for what it is, takes as many enchanted knives (whether just 'standard' supernaturally sharp stuff or more esoteric effects doesn't really matter) as the Armory will let him get away with.
Some randomly enchanted knives eh? Let's see, what's your strength stat .. 0. Okay, you can carry oh, say eight knives total. Let's roll them up.Oh, you get a nice bandolier and a couple straps and things with which to secure your weaponry.
1 & 7) Twin Knives. supernaturally sharp. Not like "slice an atom" sharp. More like "highly effective dagger" sharp. don't try prying doors open with tehm, but they'll cut pretty good. 1 is better at stabbing/piercing and 7 is better at slicing/slashing.
2) Blade of Bright Judgment: very sharp and carries a lightning charm. Can discharge elecricity into a target 3-5 times before needing recharged. Will recharge one charge every two rest hours, or a full charge if attached to a power source.
3) Knife of Spider Summon. A fragile knife. best you don't actually swing it at someone, lest it shatter. But held in both hands, you can summon a variety of spiders to your location.
4) Heat Knife. again, not an effective combat weapon, but useful for such things as combatting frostbite, making s'mores, getting that cup of coffee juuuuuust right.
5) Dagger of Illuminating Murder. While wielded, you can see in total darkness, and can shroud yourself in unnatural darkness.alternatively, the dagger can emit a blinding light, aimed in the direction of your choosing. this dagger definitely likes to stab things.
6) Stiletto of Noisy Ancestors. this thing starts mumbling when drawn. The sound rises over time, up to the sound of dozens of irritable geriatrics in heated argument.
8) Juggler's Trick Knife. A knife with a variety of prestidigital effects. Nothing directly harmful. Fun at parties.

Retroactively leap into action after only a minute or two of fearful indecision, as opposed to multiple turns' worth.

First, sneak into the kitchen and fill my pockets with a bunch of hot chillies or other spicy vegetables. If anyone objects, inform them that it is a matter of life and death and that, besides, I was the one who arranged for a shipment of more-interesting spices to end up here during my first mission, anyway, so letting me stuff my pockets with chillies is the least they can do by way of thanks.

Then acquire a bunch of some kind of snacks or other that seem most likely to appeal to a troll. Stuff whatever-it-is in a bag, then take stock of my inventory. Do I have any coins left, at all? How am I doing for time?   

I think you are out of coins, but you have plenty of time. why were you tryingto feed a troll again? also, nt only do you get your chilies, the kitchen staff loads you up with food. Looks like an end of season clearance meal is being prepared. Gotta get rid of all the perishables that have been sitting a little too long maybe?

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: December 05, 2017, 12:21:12 pm »

((I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up. It was kind of busy and didn't mind a break in between missions.))
I'll look for a lab and try to make a flammable gas, once again.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: December 05, 2017, 08:58:52 pm »

((Sorry about my absence. You know how it goes))

Let the man go inform the provost, but make sure to stick with him at all times like an overbearing bodyguard. Because that's basically what I am right now. Stay that way until I can safely hand him over to my superiors back in Omega base, then ask what else they want from me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: December 06, 2017, 07:35:09 am »

Before he knows it, Thrips is alone again, standing on a cliff overlooking the Omega Base, with a rather confused memory of the trip up. He does remember that he has a task now. He must bring the contents of a troll's pockets to ... someone. In the dining hall. In one hour.

((training commenced for thievery and persuasion. Thrips is excellent at being unnoticed, and pretty solid at humanoid interaction, so he's getting a crash course in that as well. Isuppose you could leverage your cooking ability to alchemy or potions if you really want to though))
((That's why I'm trying to feed a troll, though it's really just a back-up plan. Haven't actually thought up my next action yet. I'm kinda worried about all this end-of-the-world-and-potentially-the-game-itself business, though...))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: December 06, 2017, 07:57:26 am »

((I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up. It was kind of busy and didn't mind a break in between missions.))
I'll look for a lab and try to make a flammable gas, once again.
((No problem. that's how these things go :) ))

You discover hydrogen. Well done.

((Sorry about my absence. You know how it goes))

Let the man go inform the provost, but make sure to stick with him at all times like an overbearing bodyguard. Because that's basically what I am right now. Stay that way until I can safely hand him over to my superiors back in Omega base, then ask what else they want from me.
((I do indeed))
The fellow makes a couple technical comments on the portal charms you have, before ythe two of you are whisked back to Omega. The man is almost immediately whisked away by a covey of nerds, all gabbing on about arcane rhythms, tidal junctures, flatspace, runic bypass ... you know, nerd stuff.

We'd really like for you to go on the mission to Lathal and get the Heart. But if you are not up for that, well, there's making portals, loading stuff, and ... well, there's exploring locations to determine suitability for habitation.

Before he knows it, Thrips is alone again, standing on a cliff overlooking the Omega Base, with a rather confused memory of the trip up. He does remember that he has a task now. He must bring the contents of a troll's pockets to ... someone. In the dining hall. In one hour.

((training commenced for thievery and persuasion. Thrips is excellent at being unnoticed, and pretty solid at humanoid interaction, so he's getting a crash course in that as well. Isuppose you could leverage your cooking ability to alchemy or potions if you really want to though))
((That's why I'm trying to feed a troll, though it's really just a back-up plan. Haven't actually thought up my next action yet. I'm kinda worried about all this end-of-the-world-and-potentially-the-game-itself business, though...))
Right right. uh, so anyway, go find a troll then, I guess.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: December 06, 2017, 11:53:39 am »

Look for any better armor than what I've got, and maybe an additional suitable weapon in case of certain situations where my gauntlets aren't doing much so that I can quickly swap to the alternate weapon

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: December 08, 2017, 07:54:43 am »

Look for any better armor than what I've got, and maybe an additional suitable weapon in case of certain situations where my gauntlets aren't doing much so that I can quickly swap to the alternate weapon
you find a stone necklace that, when worn, harden's your fur into something like fibrous diamond.

As for a weapon, you get a double ended morning star. It's like a staff with big blunt ends that have hard protrusions on them.

By the way, you can do this in the other thread
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 194