Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 268897 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Omega Base
« Reply #2670 on: January 04, 2018, 02:07:13 pm »

Assuming I'm all clean and the old joints are proporly functional again, step through the next portal. Take a look around me when I'm through.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: January 06, 2018, 08:47:00 am »

You step through the portal onto a mountainside, overlooking a lagoon, which spills into the sea. below are forests, but nearby, the mountain is rock. You are on a bit of a sloped ledge between two much more steeply sloped faces of the mountain above and below. To the left, the slope you are on narrows and is cut off by a bit of an outcropping of stone. To the right, the slope widens as the mountain curves back. Several hundred feet in that direction is a group of figures, spread out on the more gentle slope. They are unnaturally thin dragonoids, deep umber in color with wingbones but no apparent wing membranes or feathers or anything. Eyes are sunken deep into their skulls, and smoke wafts perpetually out of small fissures across their skin.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: January 07, 2018, 05:54:24 pm »

Let's use robutt farseeing to have a more detailed look at those creatures. Also to check my surroundings for structures or the like.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: January 13, 2018, 05:10:05 am »

(6) You see that they are indeed draconian in size and form. They are soulless automata - mummified remains of their former selves, driven by bleak intelligence and pursuing goals known only to the formerly living. And they are aware of you. you can't say they are hostile really, though their outlook on the world at large is one of despair and desolation, so you might want to consider that in any negotiations, should you risk a visit. As it is, the dracomummies make no sign of coming to you.

As for the surroundings:
There are no structures. This place is a rather mundane mountainous region.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: January 16, 2018, 03:51:32 pm »

Did I manage to get anything about how they communicate? If not, use robutt computing for that again.

If I manage to figure out how they communicate, approach them in an appropratly non-threatening manner and communicate something along the lines of: "Statement: greetings, gentlebeings. This one comes in peace."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: January 16, 2018, 07:14:55 pm »

Sure. They have auditory communication, as well as whatever death pact links them internally.

One swivels it's neck slowly toward you, lowing its head like a crane dropping cargo onto a seagoing vessel.
WE HAVE NO USE FOR PEACE, AND ARE CERTAINLY NOT GENTLE.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: January 16, 2018, 07:45:17 pm »

"Reply: Then pray tell, being of draconian design, what do you have use for?

Statement: This one assumed peace was a preferable thing for you to have, after a cursory observing of your surroundings. This one apologizes if it has insulted you in any way."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: January 16, 2018, 08:04:52 pm »

WE HAVE USE FOR ... THE SOURCE. BUT IT IS OUT OF YOUR REACH. IT IS BEYOND YOU.

It stares at you for an eternal moment. You get the sense that this thing could outwait even an automaton like yourself.

HAVE YOU A WISH TO SERVE US?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: January 16, 2018, 08:12:51 pm »

"Statement: Unfortunately, this one is already permanently slaved to another. However, this one has been sent on a mission to find suitable habitation for its people.

Query: Perhaps in your benevolence we can come to some mutually profitable agreement? A place to call home for my people, and mercenaries to aid you in this quest for the source for you? I am sure there is someone in our organisation who can help on that sort of thing, we've got all kinds in our ranks."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: January 21, 2018, 12:10:33 pm »

You feel a wave of energy wash over you. Your Omega Brand feels heavy on your surface. Energy courses alongthe Omega lines and radiates outward, or inward, or elseward, back along hte ley lines toward the source of your binding.

A SUITABLY POWERFUL ORGANIZATION. YOU HAVE ATTRACTED OUR INTEREST. GO. DO NOT RETURN WITHOUT AN OFFERING. A TRIBUTE. WE HUNGER.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: January 21, 2018, 02:31:18 pm »

Clunkers bows respectfully.

"Reply: As you command."

And he makes his way back to the portal at an even trot.

Once on the other side, he walks up to the nearest operators and begins explaining.

"Statement: Please, do not panic. On the other side of that portal is a rather pleasant landscape. Hilly and green, no buildings in the immediate surroundings.

Caution: There were draconian mummies, in every sense of the word. Undead, this one thinks, or something akin to it. They seemed lethargic, but very powerful. They seem to be looking for something they call "the source". It would appear they used this ones Omega Brand to trace it's source through the leylines.

Statement: They seem willing to negotiate for land if Omega Legion functions as mercenaries in their quest for this source. However, this one was told to return with an offering and/or tribute since they, quote, "hunger".

Opinion: This one feels as though their bleak view on life and their seeming superiority make them both dangerous as potentially useful. Though this one would err on the side of caution. Do with this information as you will. This one would propose having this one's brand checked for residual spells."

Go back. Give report. Get checked over for sneaky spells/enchantments/bugs by the mummy dragons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: February 02, 2018, 06:39:48 pm »

"We're going to have to pass this information to another Service, I think. As for the magic they used on you: it seems it was a simple tracer spell, to determine the nature of your Brand. They've been made aware of Omega's existence now. That's unsettling. Oh well, one more challenge for the Legion."

When you step out of the next portal, you receive no sensory input from your environment at all.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: February 03, 2018, 06:27:04 pm »

Nothing at all? How odd. Try to see if I can't get any input magically and/or through robutt computing.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: February 04, 2018, 02:57:24 am »

Magically, you detect a rather cold environment, but not inhospitable. It seems that you are on the edge of a mostly dormant volcanic caldera. You detect heavy aromas eminating from the low plantlife that is abundant further down the slope.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: February 05, 2018, 03:42:37 pm »

Well this is just odd. Try to figure out why it is I'm not getting any sensory input besides magic.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 194