Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 269023 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #976 on: June 07, 2016, 11:59:26 pm »

well it is big and solid

Beat them with the golem

wait idea strap flammable liquids in bottles to it have it fly in and drop them then set them alight.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 08, 2016, 01:16:16 pm »

I have the perfect idea: since the spiders all ran out into the keep, I expect most of the nobles are running away right now. Also, the floral demon is showing no signs of stopping its growth🌞, so it should eventually expand into the caverns and kill the rest of the spiders. So, what we need to do is board the spider up, and try and get ourselves patched up. Afterwards, we loot the castle, have Corvo do some scouting and lead us back to Omega Legion, and try to convince the boss that the floral demon was there before we started.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 08, 2016, 08:21:06 pm »

In other words we act like every RPG character ever

I love it
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 10, 2016, 09:38:09 pm »

((I just realized reggie talked about dragons and stuff all the time and now I'm playing a dragon.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 14, 2016, 08:41:50 pm »

I'm making some notes on magic effects and various game mechanics, primarily around magic and alchemy. I am doing this in order t oattempt to remain somewhat consistent in my application of things. however, note that magic is variable, and one system's symbols and materials may act differently than the same in another system.

So, if any enterprising persons would like to track down and link or quote my previous points on these things, I will add them in, and be grateful. Little gifts may find their way to your character as well, within reason.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 14, 2016, 08:50:28 pm »

I'm making some notes on magic effects and various game mechanics, primarily around magic and alchemy. I am doing this in order t oattempt to remain somewhat consistent in my application of things. however, note that magic is variable, and one system's symbols and materials may act differently than the same in another system.

So, if any enterprising persons would like to track down and link or quote my previous points on these things, I will add them in, and be grateful. Little gifts may find their way to your character as well, within reason.
your posts on magic or what?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 14, 2016, 09:01:13 pm »

what stats affect sorcery and innate magic?
It depends on how you use that magic. Control of something outside yourself will require will. Self buffs or damage to others will typically require constitution. Attenpts to gain understanding will require intelligence.
The pluses and negatives scale like they do in ER. so, according to the er character calculator, you have too many positive points for the negative ones. I edited the OP to make that clearer. I removed the free starting +1 because I think that isn't in ER and it works that way. I'm just trying to keep it balanced. Sorry for the confusion.

Same for you Egan. the concept is fine, but the stats are too high.

Tryrar has it right. Tryrar, you have one extra minus in each stats and two in skills. Also pick four "skills" specializations. Elemental magic: Fire counts as one, leaving three more.

I suppose that is reasonable. Gonna need a memory storage method. Internal? Removeable? Magically linked?

So far we have built: A bug man (needs to pick four skill specializations and a couple stat adjustments), A snake Woman (all set), a human fire elementalist (needs specializations and a couple stat adjustments), and a flying eyeball (all set).

Can't wait for the rest of the sheets! Looks good so far. Again, sorry about the stat confusion.

Can magic be used without the specialization? Do you just get "beginner's talent"? What does that mean mechanically?

You can, kinda. you would require rolls with penalties every time you tried.

A spellcaster without that specializattion could try to mimic the movements, words, and will needed to make a spell work, but without training, it's going to be sloppy and most likely won't work.
A Sorcerer without specialization will have "wild" magic, which will come more likely of it's own accord, will drain the caster more, and will have more unpredicatable effects.

there is literally no downside to someone with a -2 in magic and no specialization playing around with alchemy, however.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/qoute]

syv, natural cat things don't require skills slots. Walking doesn't require a skill slot for people, after all. Assume your cat can do all the normal cat things. giving it a skill for it would make it phenomenal at that, like able to leap 20 feet or something. Also, skill mastery/specialization can be leveled like any other skill, using the point system from ER.

Yeah, I tend to be okay with odd characters. it's in my nature I guess

Unfortunately, sorcery is off limits for a construct, as sorcery relies on certain organic ...stuff.  I'll think of a better way to describe that later maybe. Think about what the creators put in her, and go from there. Maybe something like Mechanical Magic: Improved Function, since her creators wanted a metal creature to fly and move fast and all. Essentially that would give her the ability to increase a stat or skill roll for a price, and maybe influence other machinery or constructs.

Guys, send me a pm, letting me know if you are good with insanegame27's character as it stands. in particular, the concept ofa queen which remains at the base, and offspring which go on missions in squads of up to 10, which are linked to the queen's life force.

Insanegame27, One character has a floating orb that can pass it's memory to the next incarnation, but that requires a specialization slot. you'll need a spec slot reserved for your hive link, or every time the squad gets more than about a mile away, you lose control. And everything is more than a mile away.

additionally, I am considering requiring the consumption of 2 offspring in order to level up. This provides a mechanism for the queen to adapt in response to the missions, rather than being a static character. Mission one and two briefings are immanent. Don't worry if you miss this one, though. I can add people in or start a third before one or the other ends, if necessary.

will post more when i find them
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 14, 2016, 09:32:29 pm »

your posts on magic or what?
posts specifically dealing with how magic works, what stats, symbols, etc. Also, for example, Lenglon's character just fired a bronze arrow at a creature reanimated through unholy magic - I am tracking how the unholy magic is supposed to work and what it actually did, and how the material of the weapon affects the stuff.

Try to clean up the posts a little, so I don't have to wade through too much noise. And thanks for the quick response. Hmm, maybe for such long posts just link them.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 14, 2016, 09:40:53 pm »

I'll work on clearing things up and simplifying the posts to clear concise rules. Also I'm pretty sure copper has no significant effect on undead and unholy things based off your posts.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 14, 2016, 09:47:57 pm »

Yeah can you tell me how you think unholy magic or like evil magic work's so we can confirm your correct?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 14, 2016, 09:52:28 pm »

First, do you consider unholy stuff something elemental?
Further reading has shown a lack of posts relating to unholy and death related magic
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 14, 2016, 09:55:51 pm »

Well most of the unholy stuff has been PMS.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 14, 2016, 09:57:57 pm »

Well most of the unholy stuff has been PMS.
ah. well Ozark, if you need me i can help you with this if you need it.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 15, 2016, 04:48:43 am »

In that example, I am more interested in the fact that the bronze arrow did what it did. As for the unholy and holy magics, ATH, I have been following your conversations on the subject IC, as well as what you told me about it, and adding my own universal spin. I have been taking what Noir knows as mostly hearsay and anecdote, since she admits that she doesn't understand herself. I can explain a little more via pm if you like, ATH, but you'll have to ask specific questions, since i am trying to keep the magic happening IC. I'm not keeping the information from you out of cruelty or anything, but because that is part of Noir's path. Make sense?

AS for what I am looking for in the posts - either a place where I say "that kind of magic works like this" or where someone says "I try x" and I tehn, in the post sya "this is what happens when you tried x."

That might be a lot to look for though, so don't worry about it. Thanks for trying though. Now ,if you'd like to scan through the thread where they were going after the rogue alchemist, there are some posts detailing the alchemic procedure in there. I might be interested in those. I'd start looking about halfway through.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 194