Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 268992 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1005 on: June 25, 2016, 02:25:54 pm »

To the quartermaster:
"Statement: The timepiece must tell the time, preferably down to seconds. It should be small enough to hold with one hand. It also needs a switch to stop the timepiece's functions, until either the switch is released or pressed a second time. Other than that, anything goes."

To the gnomes and alchemists:
"Statement: This one will take the independant bot."

Say above to people. Count how many bees I've got, and if the bees/spider have some sort of limited self-awareness.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 25, 2016, 04:43:11 pm »

"I'll be fine for now. Are you willing to give me something to help with necromancy? Directions to a doctor and an alchemist would be nice as well."

Trade in orc armor, receive directions.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 25, 2016, 10:13:23 pm »

Terrence's earholes prick up at the mention of immortality*, although it does its best to hide the reaction. It uses three of its arms to install the farseeing glass in one of the sockets and don its new armor, while a fourth shooes the messenger away."PLEASE RELAY MY MOST SINCERE THANKS TO YOUR MASTER- THIS PIECE FAR EXCEEDS EVEN MY HIGHEST EXPECTATIONS. YOUR KIND MUST BE TRULY EXCEPTIONAL BY BIPEDAL STANDARDS."

It then turns back to the alchemist. "...POINT TAKEN. I WOULD LIKE TO EXAMINE YOUR WARES, BUT ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE HAD TIME TO IDENTIFY AND APPRAISE THE ITEMS. I TRUST THAT YOU WILL BE HONEST IN YOUR ASSESSMENT, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO SWITCH OUT OR DILUTE ANY OF THOSE VIALS IN MY ABSENCE.

OH, AND BY THE WAY- YOU WOULD NOT HAPPEN TO HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE IDENTIFYING MAGICAL STONES, WOULD YOU?"

Dismiss the delivery guy. Give the alchemist some time to test the vials (as well as one of each of the rocks, if he's interested). While I'm waiting, find a nearby location where I can assume boulder form for a while. Periodically check in on the alchemist via farseeing, just to make sure he doesn't try to cheat me out of anything.

*((Speaking of mortality, that reminds me- I never sent you that info on Terrapodes you wanted. I'll get on that.))
the alchemist looks at the rocks briefly. "Those four look like power stones. Channels for some kind of specific spell type. I have no idea about the other two. neither look to be of use for me. To be honest, the vials wold be more useful to an apocathery, too. I'll pass these on to him. Oh don't worry, he's reliab .. well he's honest. At least as honest as any of us. Anyway, you'll need a mage to decipher your stones, I think. unless you want to try them yourself."

The other guy doesn't dismiss. You turn to go, and bump into him. he picks up a large club he had leaning against the wall of the canyon. "But ... we haven't stress tested your new equipment" he says, winding up to swing.

To the quartermaster:
"Statement: The timepiece must tell the time, preferably down to seconds. It should be small enough to hold with one hand. It also needs a switch to stop the timepiece's functions, until either the switch is released or pressed a second time. Other than that, anything goes."

To the gnomes and alchemists:
"Statement: This one will take the independant bot."

Say above to people. Count how many bees I've got, and if the bees/spider have some sort of limited self-awareness.
"easy peasy" the qm says, leaving for a bit. He returns with a watch on a chain. it requires winding daily, and has a lever to pause the motion, as well as one to adjust the time.

You have four bees. They are interlinked in their programming, and operate as a unit, rather than as independent scouts. The closer together they are, the more information they can gather about their immediate surroundings, while the farther apart you spread them, the less detailed but broader the picture becomes. they are capable of flight up to about fifty feet high, can crawl on walls and ceilings, and can operate at about five hundred yards from your person. they have no self awareness, and can only follow simple commands. they have to be 'active' in order to operate. Internal power is limited, giving them about an hour's use in good weather before needing to return and recharge for a day.

The spider is eightlegged, and about the size of a medium dog. it follows automatically and can follw a few simple commands without being 'activated.' Commands like 'follow,' 'stay,' 'move there,' or 'hide.' This one also has no self awareness, but the programming is deeper, and it has potential to be developed more. Internal power will allow this one to act for an entire day before needing plugged in, say, sixteen hours of activity and eight of charging. it is not particularly cumbersome and you can act fairly normally while it is plugged in, as it will climb onto your torso and wrap its legs around your chest region for the process.

"I'll be fine for now. Are you willing to give me something to help with necromancy? Directions to a doctor and an alchemist would be nice as well."

Trade in orc armor, receive directions.
"Useful for necromancy? like what? Corpses?" Anyway, you get directions and a scrip good for "one heavy orc armor."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: June 25, 2016, 10:33:22 pm »

((Plugged in?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 25, 2016, 10:39:47 pm »

((Plugged in?))
((Into clunker's internal power core, I reckon))

Clunker heads out to see the sergeant who gave out the missions, his new spiderbot following him like an obedient dog.

"Statement: The mission was completed according to parameters.
Query: Will you be requiring a debriefing like last time?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 25, 2016, 10:52:10 pm »

((Plugged in?))
((Into clunker's internal power core, I reckon))

Clunker heads out to see the sergeant who gave out the missions, his new spiderbot following him like an obedient dog.

"Statement: The mission was completed according to parameters.
Query: Will you be requiring a debriefing like last time?"

"Of course. Please continue." (9I wasexpecting people to do their level ups and stuff in the other thread, and forgot. thanks))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: June 26, 2016, 12:11:35 am »

eightlegged, and about the size of a medium dog.

((Sounds familiar...))

"VERY WELL. MAKE IT QUICK."

Allow him to conduct his "stress test". Assuming I survive, head back to my storage place. Examine it in earnest this time.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 26, 2016, 12:27:22 pm »

eightlegged, and about the size of a medium dog.

((Sounds familiar...))

"VERY WELL. MAKE IT QUICK."

Allow him to conduct his "stress test". Assuming I survive, head back to my storage place. Examine it in earnest this time.
Just ... just gonna take the blow eh? alright, you curl up into a defensive posture, pulling as much of yourself inside as possible and tucking your legs underneath. ... -sigh- lets see what happens ... ooouuuuch. He swings in a swooping arc, and connects hard with the upper bowl, shattering it and sending you flying. You bounce off the wall and lay, dizzy, for a time, before slithering out of the remains of your bowl armor and staggering off toward your room. "NEEEDS  ...  WORK..."

later, bruised and disoriented, you sit in your room and look around. There is a ledge with a small pool of water, large enough to sit in, but not large enough to submerge in. there is another ledge with a rough straw mattress, and under neath that ledge is your storage - a fancy stone and metal footlocker, about a foot and a half tall and five feet long. Opening it up, you see that it is about three feet deep as well. It has a key lock with a key, and a neat combination lock with symbols. the key and key lock both have a symbol that look like a red blood drop on them.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 26, 2016, 01:31:53 pm »

"I was thinking of something more along the lines of a book, but this is fine."

Time to visit the alchemist.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 26, 2016, 02:13:13 pm »

"Statement: The short version is this. In the beginning stages of the mission we sought to make contact with the goblins. The tentacled one and this one used their farseeing to find the way, and other helped in finding the right track. Once the goblins were found, this one convinced them we came in peace and also managed to learn their language so that this one could function as a translator.

While this one and the tentacled one exchanged information with the goblins, the other members of the team went to scout. They did an admirable job, scouting both the surrounding settlement and the merc camp, while also engaging a merc patrol. The merc patrol was defeated, and the zombie got hurt during the kerfuffle.

After this, we collectively ambushed another patrol. We wiped them out, and this one convinced the vine beast to join the legion. One fo our number, an elf this one thinks, split off to go speak with the mercs at this point. He was not seen again, so this one supposes he failed. Predictably.

After this opinions were divided. Our farseeing showed us that a merc group was heading our way. This one felt that we should defend the goblin village, while others thought we should destroy their now unguarded camp. The latter had the majority of votes, so we went off. We tripped a magical alarm which froze on of ours, but he was promptly unfrozen after which we looted their valuables and burned their camp. After this, this one reset the trap to target everyone and we made out. The Omega contact messaged us through this one's doll that the mission parameters were completed, so we left.

Additional information: If you wish for any specific information this one may have left out, you have but to ask and this one will scan its databanks for relevant information."

Say above to Sarge. Also look up any specifics he asks for in my databanks.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: June 26, 2016, 05:48:49 pm »

After it's recovered from the initial shock, Terrence waddles back to the armory. It presents the remnants of his armor to the first tinkerer it can find.

"YOUR LACKEY BROKE MY CARAPACE. CAN IT BE REPAIRED?"
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 02:57:48 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 27, 2016, 08:18:18 am »

"I was thinking of something more along the lines of a book, but this is fine."

Time to visit the alchemist.
"A book on necromancy? we might have some history books and theory books. Might help out. Go tto the archivist later on."

So, what are we doing at the alchemist?

"Statement: The short version is this. In the beginning stages of the mission we sought to make contact with the goblins. The tentacled one and this one used their farseeing to find the way, and other helped in finding the right track. Once the goblins were found, this one convinced them we came in peace and also managed to learn their language so that this one could function as a translator.

While this one and the tentacled one exchanged information with the goblins, the other members of the team went to scout. They did an admirable job, scouting both the surrounding settlement and the merc camp, while also engaging a merc patrol. The merc patrol was defeated, and the zombie got hurt during the kerfuffle.

After this, we collectively ambushed another patrol. We wiped them out, and this one convinced the vine beast to join the legion. One fo our number, an elf this one thinks, split off to go speak with the mercs at this point. He was not seen again, so this one supposes he failed. Predictably.

After this opinions were divided. Our farseeing showed us that a merc group was heading our way. This one felt that we should defend the goblin village, while others thought we should destroy their now unguarded camp. The latter had the majority of votes, so we went off. We tripped a magical alarm which froze on of ours, but he was promptly unfrozen after which we looted their valuables and burned their camp. After this, this one reset the trap to target everyone and we made out. The Omega contact messaged us through this one's doll that the mission parameters were completed, so we left.

Additional information: If you wish for any specific information this one may have left out, you have but to ask and this one will scan its databanks for relevant information."

Say above to Sarge. Also look up any specifics he asks for in my databanks.
"Hmm. At what point did you first split up, and what were the objectives of the divided groups? Also, how did you get along, as a team, overall?

After he's recovered from the initial shock, Terrence waddles back to the armory. He presents the remnants of his armor to the first tinkerer he can find.

"YOUR LACKEY BROKE MY CARAPACE. CAN IT BE REPAIRED?"
You didn't actually retrieve the armor. But no matter, you go to the tinkerers anyway and present your case. "We are already working on it. Tell me, what made you believe that two small wooden bowls would serve as protection against such a big club, wielded by such an obviously unstable fellow? And how are you feeling now?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: June 27, 2016, 09:14:37 am »

"Response: We split up for the first time at the very beginning of the mission. My group was to make contact with the goblins, while the other four members each took slightly different routes to scout out the area.

Response: This one feels that the team overall got along fairly well. The less vocal members followed directives, while the more vocal members communicated well with eachother and exchanged information effectively. As this one mentioned, there was some disagreement between this one and mordred at the end about our best course of action. After some conversation, he convinced this one that going to the merc base was the optimal course of action. Don't tell him this one admitted that, though."

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: June 27, 2016, 11:55:54 am »

Examining the blue crap further. What is it, how does it work, is it safe for me to get help from a doctor?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: June 27, 2016, 03:19:19 pm »

"I AM FINE, ALBEIT SHAKEN SOMEWHAT. UNFORTUNATELY, DESPITE HAVING LIVED AMONG THE BIPEDAL RACES FOR A SIGNIFICANT PORTION OF MY LIFE, I STILL STRUGGLE TO UNDERSTAND YOUR BEHAVIOR; THAT PARTICULAR INDIVIDUAL DID NOT STRIKE ME AS ANY STRANGER THAN ANY OTHER I HAVE ENCOUNTERED RECENTLY. ITS INSTABILITY MAY HAVE BEEN OBVIOUS TO YOU, BUT NOT TO ME.

F
URTHERMORE, I ASSUMED THAT YOUR LACKEY WOULD KNOW BETTER THAN I WHAT MATERIALS COULD AND COULD NOT WITHSTAND SUCH A BLOW. I AM FLATTERED THAT YOU TAKE ME FOR A TINKERER, BUT TRUTH BE TOLD I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT ARMOR THICKNESS AND THE LIKE."

Say the above.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 194