Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 268866 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1200 on: July 27, 2016, 01:07:58 pm »

Reposting as requested.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: July 27, 2016, 01:14:46 pm »

Grab the jug. Exit my room, and go for a waddle. Find various surface upon which to crouch, in order to test the range of my armor's camouflage capabilities. If I happen to find any fresh water sources, fill the pitcher.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: July 27, 2016, 01:26:38 pm »

Ebony, sighing as she fills the rest of her spellbook- she'll have to look into ways to expand it's capacity, or at least get a second one- gets up and leaves the room she'd been in. Unless someone talked to her, she would head towards the library.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: July 27, 2016, 02:22:25 pm »

Go to the bar and ask some water, chill out until another mission is avaible. I don't have money so I can't do much.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: July 27, 2016, 08:17:48 pm »

I'll update do the turn tomorrow morning. however, for right now, I want to do two things

First, I'd like to give a little flavor for life at Omega Base. A lot of this is repeat info, but it might help a little.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
that's an alpha inside of an Omega. the Omega is what the main canyon looksl ike, only the main canyon is more natural.
There are three circular arenas which are open to the sky, located at the points of the alpha. the alpha wouldn't be visible. There are tunnels connecting those arenas, however.

the base of the Omega - the two legs extending horizontally - is officer country and generally off limits.

Omega base is generally uncomfortable for all it's inhabitants, though livable. making the place nice wasn't on anyone's list of priorities, really. Even desert type creatures and fire types find this desert to be somewhat alien.

this is kinda how the land around the base looks. ignore the people and tech.

Due to the wide variety of beings that find themselves cast into this place, there are a wide variety of living quarters - from the rooms carved along tunnels:

to the puddle of water that the swamp guy lives in:

to the morgue for undead:

to atriums for birds, and even to the canyon floor for trolls and ents and whatnot.

Most of the living quarters are in the outside wall of the canyon, along with specialty zones like the alchemists and potions people:
can you believe it was a challenge for me to find a decent picture of an alchemist blowing up his shop? Seems like I could type that into google images and get thousadns all on the first page.

to the gnomes and tinkerers:

Along the inner wall is the entrances to the medical wing, the kitchen and dining halls, the areanas, of course, and the briefing/debriefing rooms.

Alcohol is hard to come by, but there is a black market, since Omega is filled with criminals and nutcases. Of course, getting something isn't cheap - want good booze? might need to steal something from trolls. generally the black market runs on favors, loot, and dangerous tasks like stealing from, or even killing, other Omegas. Assassinating other Omegas is taken fairly seriously by the brass, so it is a fairly rare occurrence (except perhaps on mission?). If one is partiularly stupi- I mean, adventurous - they could try to steal fro man officer. objects acquired thus have a high price on the black market, but, buyer beware. Actually, everyone beware. oh, and of coursethe black market deals in much more than just drink.

Okay, enough babbling. The second thing I wanted to do was post a couple missions in the works. consider these rumors you heard from the shady friends you have made in Omega.

1) a fact finding mission to the area of the Durnvales. Gonna be wide ranging, there is a mystery involved, and there is likely a group that needs killed or captured because they are causing trouble or are seditious or are summoning anticthulu or some shit.

2) a looting mission. We're gonna rob the gods!

3) a beer run. hey, even Omega allows it's people to let their hair down occasionally. I mean, what's the occasional Base Riot between felons?

4) a trip to another plane to collect precious resources. Fire crystals and thunderseeds don't grow on trees. Well, they do, just not around Omega Base.. More like, in a burning jungle full of monsters and acid. Environmental protection items will be provided. Try not to lose them. because, you know, you'll die. hilariously.

Other? make a suggestion.

Also, a word of warning. Some of these sound too good to be true.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: July 27, 2016, 08:25:18 pm »

((Wait question would noir be assigned a room or something? Or does she just have to find one.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: July 27, 2016, 08:35:57 pm »

number 2 of course.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: July 27, 2016, 10:28:32 pm »

Could someone link to whatever info there is about the Durnvales? I've heard the name, but not much else.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: July 27, 2016, 10:36:21 pm »

Re:Field disciplinary action:
"Designed?  No.  In potential need of procedures by which to accomplish such if in a leadership role?  Yes."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: July 28, 2016, 04:10:40 am »

Hmmm black market... uhmm favour from a giant bear, intresting...
Just drink some water in the cafetaria.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 04:31:24 am by Loki987 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: July 28, 2016, 08:58:52 am »

Reminder: Bottom of this post is four potential missions. Feel free to comment or come up with other suggestions.

"This? I need to collect my own bodily fluids for some fun potion one of the poisoners promised me."

Commence the collection!

"As for my personal enjoyment, there's been quite a lot of that! Lots of chaos, of course, but chaos is the spice of life, no? How about you?"
"Oh, we have our good and our not so good times, yes. Chaos is fun, indeed, unless one finds themselves with a dagger in the back, of course. that can be eventful in a less pleasant way. But Omega is certainly an exciting organization to be a part of, one way or the other."

You collect your sweat and socialize like a priest of the god of humors at the Perspiration Parade. Which is a thing, apparently.

On a walk exploring the area and trying to find a cheap bar Korvash wonders across a very familiar bird blinking about and into a tree.

Whats wrong with you mate?, too much magic fry your brains?
Okay.

I answer

"But even with everything I could discover about the Fey and myself, I never did figure out much anything about Dad. I think he isn't a common Fey type, but there's just so many... "
"Well, the most common fey are sprites and pixies, leprechauns, pictsies, tree elfs.  Of course, they may appear and act slightly different depending on the terrain or region they are found in. Fey in this world tend to reflect their surroundings to a degree. Some, like the sprites and pixies, are perpetually childlike, never really growing up, and tend to have rather short attention spans, by our standards. Others, like the pictsies and leprechauns, have more complex and ritualistic little societies, but are still bound, locked into certain patterns of thought and action. It sounds like your father was a High fey, maybe from Fey itself, or from one of the lands aligned with Fey. I doubt he was a Lord or Noble, though. they tend to claim their own. or kill them. But your shifting does seem to reflect the Fey tendency to take on the nature of what is around them. It is interesting that you take on the nature of both animals and sapient beings."

"Anyway, um, eventually, when I came of age, I'd decided that I needed to make a journey to learn about myself. I need to test myself, to see who I really am. Because the only way to describe what I am, as far as I know, is Aylia. And even I don't really know what that means. I figured Omega was a good way to do that, and at the same time to try to be productive and make things better, you know?" "I suppose that makes sense. I'm sure Omega will test you in a lot of ways. And if you stay long enough, you'll come out of here a different person than you were when you came in. Or the same person, but different, you know?"

"I don't know much honestly. I mostly know who and what he isn't, rather than who and what he is. I've looked up other changelings, but they're really rare and most of the time their abilities and properties aren't documented well. I know my shifting ability comes from him, and my flexibility, and stuff, but that's about it. And yeah, I really don't know who I am. I don't even know what I am. even other changelings don't have the kind of shifting ability that I do. I mean, I'm even able to mimic the natural magics of the beings I copy. Most changelings don't shift at all, and even the ones that do can't mimic special abilities. Until last mission, I couldn't do any ice magics. But after my ordeal from then, I have a little ice magic even in my birth form. I don't know a whole lot about myself."
that's definitely an aspect of Fey itself. the Fey come from that land, and adapt to whichever place they find themselves in, often adopting the unique characteristics of the place or it's inhabitants. I once saw a clockwork Fey - a mass of gears levers, and springs - in a watchmaker's shop! it was very strange."

edit: new new new dates, these ones from someone both more important and more reliable than the asshole, are from Aug 18-21 to Sep 20-23.

thanks for keeping us updated. Good luck out there. Keep sane and carry on.

I'm trying to gather up whatever currency, if any, exists in Omega Legion. If I can't trade the pike for cash, trade it for whatever the closest equivalent is. After trading the pike for whatever I get, go work on building the monastery.
As far as I can tell we killed everything that needed killing, without any permanent fatalities. Anything else you need to know?

Edit: added info about selling the pike
You can get 75 copper, or three silk handkerchiefs, or a little crystal bell for your pike. you head up to the cliff top and they immediately put you to work pulling stones to the walls, while others smooth and fit them into place. after a bit, someone puts you on lumber duty, hauling beams into place. You hear that sme of the rooms are being furnished, but nobody seems to want to help move in the furniture. Seems like a cake job compared to hauling stone and four by fours.

See if the doctor can improve varion's walking ptsd mind fuck abilities and perhaps cloak him in shadows via magic. Though the former would be more preferable.
may I ask how my powers work in full?

he looks at you oddly when you make this request, and tells you to go see a potions master or mage for that kind of thing. You aren't going to get a free upgrade though. you'll have to earn it.

Your magic is ... empathetic magic / persuasion. You influence the emotions of beings, and encourage certain acts or attitudes. Sometimes there is feedback, if you try to influence something too powerful or emotional or such. If you want more of an answer, pm me with more specific questions.

"Reply: that does seem to be the best way. The swamp creature was terribly averse to giving up his swamp water, for whatever reason."

Go to Omega Alchemists and ask them if they can multiply this bucket of swamp water.

"Query: Hello, dearest alchemists. This one has need of your vast powers. This one needs to fill a room with this bucket of swamp water, and asks humbly of you could somehow multiply its contents to that purpose."
After some discussion, the alchemists determine that the multiplication should take place within the room you intend to fill, and two of them agree to accompany you, though the y express mild reservations about doing alchemy at the monastery. In the end, however, they come along, speak with a couple of overseers, send a message to an officer, await a reply, and set up shop in the room you are trying to fill. They seem completely unaffected by the smell. Upon recieving the required reply, they study it quite carefully, and at last they begin their work, drawing symbols on the floor around the bucket, adding small bits of carefully chosen materials, imparting energy to sections of the pattern, and then stepping out of the room and adding the motive energy needed, to the very tail end of the design. the Design begins to glow and swirl, looping around until it circles the bucket rapidly. the bucket starts bubbling over, and eventually the swamp water rises, spills out, and flows into all corners of the room. it rises several inches, and s[ills a bit out into the hallway as well. the alchemists stand stil peering into the room, probing with a stick, and tossing small rocks into the mess. at last, they nod their apprvoal, and announce their success. "You can probably fetch the bucket now. I don't think there was anything harmful in the water. You mentioned some leeches?"

Noir Dosent look Very happy at moment.
Look around camp ask around camp about Aylia.
People shrug, shake their heads, or just ignores you. No one seems to know where or who she is.

Reposting as requested.
zombies do not tend to be a significant part of society. There are legends of a zombie city, rumors and tall tales, but nothing concrete. Zombies tend to be servantws of witches, minions of liches, tools of wizards, and bane of farmers and gravediggers. Almost everyone knows about zombies, or at least their local version, but few are typically welcomed into cities, villages, parishes, or the local PTA. There have been recorded instances of successful zombie politicians. One in particular succeeded in becoming governor of a province on his campaign of "brrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiins, brrrrrrrraaaaaaaiiiiiiins. My opponent has none, and has driven this province into economic ruin. I will revitalize the herbal trade, end the excessive logging of the bluefoot habitats, and introduce diazon farming to the barren regions bordering the Red Wastes." On this last point alone, he earned his reputation as an economic powerhouse, and the province thrived under his leadership for over a century.

Zombies in religion tend to be portrayed negatively. Becoming a zombie is considered punishment for some wrongdoings, like drunkenness, selling cows for beans, and voting straight party tickets. zombies tend to figure in many apocalyptic visions and writings. the zombie hoard is prophecied to rise up in the last days and sweep across the land, laying waste all in their path, until the righteous turn the tide, in the various ways the religions believe the righteous will act: superior firepower, holy smiting, badass kungfu fighting, love and forgiveness, that kind of thing. The religions that tend to encourage zombies tend also to be quite violent, secretive, and hateful of the current way of things and the current powers that be. But, in one or two religions ,even zombies are accepted, provided they act in accordance with the general tenets of the faith: mostly "live and let live, help your neighbor, offer respect and recognition to te gods of the pantheon."

Grab the jug. Exit my room, and go for a waddle. Find various surface upon which to crouch, in order to test the range of my armor's camouflage capabilities. If I happen to find any fresh water sources, fill the pitcher.
The armor is decent at camouflage. You are better without it though. You find water in the place I directed you to: the kitchen. One pitcher of clean water, ready to pour.

Go to the bar and ask some water, chill out until another mission is avaible. I don't have money so I can't do much.
Alright.

Quote from: Ozarck
We never did "choose a room" for Dar.  Wanna look for someplace suitable?

Sure, let's do that.  What sort of options are open to him?
normal being roms, which are large for a cat. A small nook somewhere, a perch in a tree, a shared room, wandering from place to place, stealing clean laundry and hiding it in a low cave. There's always an opportunity for a cat.

((Wait question would noir be assigned a room or something? Or does she just have to find one.))
Not assigned, but directed to some hallways that have empty rooms available. if the door is open and there is nothing of personal possession inside, she can claim a room.

number 2 of course.
noted.

Could someone link to whatever info there is about the Durnvales? I've heard the name, but not much else.
Durnvale is part of Dar'yajira's personal quest. ask the cat. He'll tell you all there is to tell.

Re:Field disciplinary action:
"Designed?  No.  In potential need of procedures by which to accomplish such if in a leadership role?  Yes."

"huh. a scout Eye. In leadership. Well, that is an unexpected development. We'll look into it."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: July 28, 2016, 09:04:19 am »

((Woops, forgot to bold this action:

Ebony, sighing as she fills the rest of her spellbook- she'll have to look into ways to expand it's capacity, or at least get a second one- gets up and leaves the room she'd been in. Unless someone talked to her, she would head towards the library.

As for missions:

1. Not much to say. Sounds interesting.

2. Robbing a temple or somesuch. Any reason why Omega is doing this?

3. Beer run. Will go wrong. Sounds like a fun mission that may end in a bunch of the organic characters getting totally drunk.

4. This seems a bit difficult and like something we need more details on.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: July 28, 2016, 09:33:37 am »

"From what I'm getting thus far there's certain circles in Omega, yes? Circles within circles and so forth. Kind of like mystical prison gangs or something of that nature, yes? How do those work? Anybody I need to beat or strangle to death before I can be in one and repay any backstabbings with throat slittings in one's sleep?"

A bit forward, but these people seem like they're shit at mincing words anyway.

((OOC, totally up for hazardous materials requisition.))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 11:26:49 am by Harry Baldman »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: July 28, 2016, 09:59:28 am »

Reply:
"Aylia did inform you of that in her report?"
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 10:01:20 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 194