Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 269196 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bloodlust
« Reply #2445 on: August 17, 2017, 10:49:26 pm »

Kay? I can has existence now?
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: August 18, 2017, 06:04:40 am »

Exist, I guess.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: August 18, 2017, 06:37:16 am »

Exist, I guess.
Kay? I can has existence now?
You two are dumped in the hot, hot, sand, in the ho,t hot, desert. It's like, totally hot out here. There is no one to greet you, or wrn you against the sand crawlers, scorpions, dust storms or the heat. Looking around, the smarter of you has already realized that those dangers exist.

So, can I actually learn and try other types of magic that are not my specialization? Will all attacks instantly kill me?
You can, but to be proficient in another magic type, you should spend a specialization on it. Having so many -2s is usually a bad idea, so, yeah, a lot of things will probably kill you fairly quickly. And if they don't, you'll probably cause the death of those around you instead. This game is rather bloodthirsty, so don't let it get you down too much. Oh, and when time comes for a new character, feel free to copy/paste, if you want. Or come up with something new! Good luck out there.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: August 18, 2017, 09:39:49 am »

(Note: Floating eyes have an "eyelid" formed by their natural telekinesis-levitation field. They use it to block dust and dirt from harming their bodies and allows "blinking". The reach of this telekinesis is arround 2 meters, and my levitation can let me reach as far as 2 meters from any surface. Is this fine?)
Locate sentient living organisms with my vision, maybe have a vision from another time to guide me. Levitate some distance from the sand to avoid small scorpions or snakes while I explore this desert for clues.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: August 18, 2017, 11:41:42 am »

((I feel safe saying that a floating eye with -2 constitution will die on its first mission.  Okay, it's something more like an 83% chance of death, but still.  If you want to survive, you either need something that will mitigate a lot of damage, like invisibility or teleportation, or you need to get rid of that massive con penalty.  Oh, and never ever roll anything that has a -2 penalty, even if it seems utterly beign.

That's just my opinion though~))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: August 18, 2017, 11:56:00 am »

((Or get a meatshield player that would like to be the dumb muscle to my squishy wizard))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: August 20, 2017, 10:27:18 pm »

Max adjusts her mask to keep the sand out of her mouth and walks through the desert, to what appears to be shelter. On her way she casually crushes a scorpion, as lack of scholarship is no indication of lack of situational awareness.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: August 20, 2017, 10:37:13 pm »

((I feel safe saying that a floating eye with -2 constitution will die on its first mission.  Okay, it's something more like an 83% chance of death, but still.  If you want to survive, you either need something that will mitigate a lot of damage, like invisibility or teleportation, or you need to get rid of that massive con penalty.  Oh, and never ever roll anything that has a -2 penalty, even if it seems utterly beign.

That's just my opinion though~))

((Non-corporality is another option, and it also renders most of the other -2s meaningless.))
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:25:44 pm by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: August 22, 2017, 10:12:17 am »

I'd like to start a character. Is that ok?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: August 22, 2017, 10:20:38 am »

Name of Character: Kongor
Race: awakened gorilla

Stats:
Strength: 1
Constitution: 0
Speed: 0
Dexterity: 0
Intelligence: 0
Memory: -1
Will: 0
Charisma: 0

Skills:
Unarmed combat: 2
Blunt weapons: 1
Sharp weapons: -1
Ranged weapons: -1
Magic: -2
Medicine: 0
General knowledge: 0
Skill Mastery/specialization: 0 (animal rage, herbalist, grappling)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: August 23, 2017, 05:49:00 am »

Hey. Have this character. Feel free to critique. Also, I'm back.

Also Apologies.

It appears I have written a Biography.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 12:38:34 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: August 23, 2017, 07:14:47 am »

(Note: Floating eyes have an "eyelid" formed by their natural telekinesis-levitation field. They use it to block dust and dirt from harming their bodies and allows "blinking". The reach of this telekinesis is arround 2 meters, and my levitation can let me reach as far as 2 meters from any surface. Is this fine?)
Locate sentient living organisms with my vision, maybe have a vision from another time to guide me. Levitate some distance from the sand to avoid small scorpions or snakes while I explore this desert for clues.

you find an awakened gorilla (Kongor) not far off. He seems to be in the same state as yourself. You also sense the murmur of life to the east - dozens of Sapient life forms, maybe hundreds. (6) You Turn your Gaze Eastward and experience something of a deluge of visions - past, present real, uncertain - it's all a bit of a jumble. A world forced into being, Something dreadful contained, the unfortunate condemned to walk this lonely desolation, bleeding their lives for it and receiving ... something .... in themselves in return. A vast web of itnterconnected bits - Sentients, places, magics, souls. It's all there before you - to the east.

Except the Sand Worm. That's a hundred yards behind and thirty feet down and closing.

Name of Character: Kongor
Race: awakened gorilla

Stats:
Strength: 1
Constitution: 0
Speed: 0
Dexterity: 0
Intelligence: 0
Memory: -1
Will: 0
Charisma: 0

Skills:
Unarmed combat: 2
Blunt weapons: 1
Sharp weapons: -1
Ranged weapons: -1
Magic: -2
Medicine: 0
General knowledge: 0
Skill Mastery/specialization: 0 (animal rage, herbalist, grappling)

Welcome. Your character is approved. You awaken ... (heh heh, get it? You wake up, but I used Awaken, because you are an Awakened, right? Get it? eh?) Anyway you wake up in the desert, parched. A floating eyeball - maybe a mirage? - stares at you blankly for a minute before swiveling to stare wide-eyed at the sand, slowly backing away from, whatever it is.

Hey. Have this character. Feel free to critique. Also, I'm back.

Also Apologies.

It appears I have written a Biography.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Welcome back! Good to see you here again :D

You have one too many points in stats and one too many in skills. Otherwise, the character looks fine.

A question: Some nobles murdered her mentor to hide their corruption? These nobles are within the Queen's realm? and this caused a rebellion that the Queen's army is putting down? Is this correct?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: August 23, 2017, 07:50:10 am »

Ozarck.

1.The baron of the city murdered her mentor to hide his corruption and to serve as an example, in general, to not mess with the affairs of the nobility.
2.Yes
3.Yes, most of the army ((my character's)) has been destroyed by the devastating battle that resulted in her capture but there is at least 2 thousand men left. They might last a while and are going to try to do their best to survive and subvert the queen in any way they can.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:52:31 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: August 23, 2017, 08:18:50 am »

Max adjusts her mask to keep the sand out of her mouth and walks through the desert, to what appears to be shelter. On her way she casually crushes a scorpion, as lack of scholarship is no indication of lack of situational awareness.
Tremors, eh? They burst from the ground, which seems me like a great moment to hit it with a heavy vertical strike, to use it's own momentum against it. Or are you trying to prove that it's not worth playing a character without magic by throwing me into a fight without a weapon? Are you even going to let me notice the worm before it comes and eats me? I was kinda hoping to survive more than a turn this time.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: August 23, 2017, 09:41:56 am »

"Ape, there is no time to explain, you must grab me and run east as fast as you can or a large worm is gonna eat us."
Flee with the ape (if he answers, alone if not) from the giant worm and go east, try to predict where will it go or when will it attack to be able to avoid any attacks before they happen.
(If I know where will an attack happen and when will it happen, do I still roll for stuff like speed or dexterity?)
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 194