Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Symphony of the Void: A God Game (↯/⊕) OOC  (Read 21881 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Symphony of the Void: A God Game (↯/⊕) OOC
« on: December 19, 2015, 03:26:55 pm »

Heavily inspired by the Ye Gods series of games by Kilojoule Proton, this is a game where you play as a God, creating and destroying as you see fit. Rather than starting at a blank slate, this is a sequel to Litany of the Void, which was cut off by the triumphant return of Kilojoule Proton with a new Ye Gods game. But he is gone once again, so this is back once again. The players, instead of restarting entirely, decided that this game should take place in the World they had created, simply time-skipped to modern times. As such, most of you will probably be returning players who already know the basics.

I will attempt to update this game at least once every weak, but this is a very fluid scheduled that you shouldn't expect me to follow with any regularity.

Name: ...I am not sure. If you figure this out, please inform me.
Sphere: What you have domain over. Actions in your sphere get a bonus and are cheaper, while objects against them are more expensive. You can have one "Primary" sphere and one "Secondary" sphere.
Primary form/associated symbol: What icon your God likes to spam on everything, and what form it takes.
Description/Background: General character description, including things like personality, open goals, or whatever else you feel like putting in.

^That is the character sheet, of course.
Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:21:07 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Symphany of the Void: A God Game (↯/⊕) OOC
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 03:27:53 pm »

Trait Bases:
Mortal race: 0.001E per individual.
Magic School: 3E
Magic Item: 1E

Trait List (Unsorted)

[Physical Trait +1 <x1.2>] This trait category includes things like Strength, Speed, Endurance, and other abilities that change the physical characteristics.
[Physical Trait +2 <x1.4>]
[Physical Trait +3 <x1.7>]
[Physical Trait +4 <x2.0>]
[Physical Trait -1 <x.8>]
[Mental Trait +1 <x1.2>] This trait category includes things like Intelligence, Leadership ability, Innate Skills and other abilities that change the mental characteristics.
[Mental Trait +2 <x1.4>]
[Mental Trait +3 <x1.7>]
[Mental Trait +4 <x2.0>]
[Mental Trait -1 <x.8>]
[Creature Power +1 <x1.4>] This trait category is meant to include any unique abilities of your creation, such as the physic ability of one already created race.
[Creature Power +2 <x2.0>]
[Creature Power +3 <x2.8>]
[Magic Strength+1<x2.0>] This list of traits may only be applied to magic. The stronger the magic system, the more the average user can do with it, but it generally requires more to power it and is more dangerous to the user and thus rarer.
[Magic Strength+2<x4.0>]
[Magic Strength+3<x8>]
[Magic Strength-1<x.5>] (Magic Systems are still made by the same system as before. Good a place as any to note that.)
[Magic Power Source+1<x2.0>] Magic system trait. This allows the Magic System to use a power source that is safer or more widely available
[Magic Power Source+2<x4.0>]
[Magic Power Source-1<x.5>] Going negative means that the source is significantly more dangerous or difficult to get instead.
[Magic Availability+1<x1.4>] Increases the amount of proficient magic users in the world of that class.
[Magic Availability+2<x1.96>]
[Magic Availability-1<x.7>] Decreases the amount of proficient users in the world. Narrowing it down to something beneficial, like 'Only my followers can use it', instead uses the positive numbers.
[Immortality <x1.5>] Granting to a normal mortal is 1E flat. Only stops aging, but can be represented in different ways

I think that should be enough to start off with.

Link List:
IC thread
Character List
Old OOC
Old IC
History of Mortal Activities during Stasis (Note: Work in progress. Information may be incorrect. Some more is placed in posts following that, read all Stirk posts after if interested)
!Outdated! Creation Summary Part 1 Part 2
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:54:55 am by Stirk »

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 04:28:16 pm »

Hi. Can i reserve a god of winter?

Name:Khionides
Sphere: Cold. Clarity (derived from absence of emotions,  As in "having a cold heart" )
Primary form/associated symbol: He looks like a tall, totally hairless man with white skin and four white wings. His symbol and sacred animal is the snow owl. 
Description/Background: Khionides is cold hearted. He does not care for mortals , for him they are just interesting distractions from the passing of centuries. This is why he puts them under difficult trials, just to amuse himself. He is fair, though. If a mortal proves himself worthy, thre are no limits to Khionides generosity. At  the same time, mery is a totally uknown concept to him. his worshippers must prepare to live fully or to die horribly. There is no middle ground.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 07:55:10 am by Leonardo8 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 04:30:10 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:41:41 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Symphony of the Void: A God Game (↯/⊕) OOC
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 04:36:52 pm »

I vote we don't allow Rape as a sphere, mostly because I don't want Toady getting involved, but also because I just don't like how that would turn out in a game about 'modern' society.

For those of us from the last game, Stirk, would you like us to put our character sheets again, with whatever slight modifications may have occurred from being drawn into the dream of the archdreamers?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 04:56:16 pm »

Hi. Can i reserve a god of winter?

Name:Khionides
Sphere: Cold. Clarity (derived from absence of emotions,  As in "having a cold heart" )
Primary form/associated symbol: He looks like a tall, totally hairless man with white skin and four white wings. His symbol and sacred animal is the snow owl. 
Description/Background: TBP.

Accepted, you can go ahead and start now. Background and description can come later.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

It was already excepted, go ahead.

I vote we don't allow Rape as a sphere, mostly because I don't want Toady getting involved, but also because I just don't like how that would turn out in a game about 'modern' society.

For those of us from the last game, Stirk, would you like us to put our character sheets again, with whatever slight modifications may have occurred from being drawn into the dream of the archdreamers?

....Ok then?

Anyway, I would prefer a repost of returning characters, simply so I can keep a list of who is actively playing with whatever changes where made.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 05:25:41 pm »

Ok, these race mechanics are a lot simpler than what you made them out to be. I like them. Could you give us an angel template, though?

Ok seriously, where the hell did this come from!? No one from any Litany or Ye Gods game has ever shown any interest in this type of sphere at all.

Anyway, I would prefer a repost of returning characters, simply so I can keep a list of who is actively playing with whatever changes where made.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 05:27:05 pm »

Crazyabe's character had rape as one of it's sphere's before he edited it out. Which I'm grateful for, by the way.

Though that explains why Stirk reacted as if I was a crazy person. He's not wrong

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 05:30:02 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 05:49:10 pm »

Name: Uztot Mailug
Sphere: Kinship, Blood
Primary form: A diminutive male Kaag dressed like a monk.
Associated symbol:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Description/Background: Now with 100% more sanity. By godly standards...

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 06:10:34 pm »

Spoiler: Lauxal (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 07:48:35 pm by Ama »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 06:18:12 pm »

Reusing Dgetga, will add his old sheet when I have proper Internet.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2015, 06:27:35 pm »

Spoiler: Moi'aaty (click to show/hide)
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2015, 06:57:36 pm »

We've all forgotten a lot of what our gods had and did. Could you PM us some of your notes on our characters so we know what ancient artifacts/secret races/magic systems/etc. we have?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2015, 07:23:15 pm »

We've all forgotten a lot of what our gods had and did. Could you PM us some of your notes on our characters so we know what ancient artifacts/secret races/magic systems/etc. we have?

Nope. I never kept any of that, the closest we had was the public records in the OP of litany, which I will probably end up posting here until we can get an update.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2015, 07:24:04 pm »

@All:...Go check your own PMs.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14