Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A short and sad story of an abducted child. (and turmoil in a Dark Pit).  (Read 670 times)

nasobema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Horrible things happen in the world.
While visiting Dark Pits as a dwarven adventurer, I discovered a human boy playing in one of the rooms.
I asked who he was and how he felt living in a goblin settlement and he replied that he is desperately missing his parents.
So it was clear to me that I had to rescue him from these filthy creatures, find his parents and return him savely back home.
However, he suddenly started running and I had difficulties catching up with him while he was fleeing through the underground corridors.
Then, in another room I found his mangled corpse and one of my companions, who with a grin bragged about how he just slew this enemy.

I turned around in horror and wanted to leave this place when I hear the noise of nearby fighting.
Thinking that my companions were now starting to slay every living being in this settlement I followed the noise just to witness more strange things happening.
My jaw dropped when I found a large hall splattered all over with blood and bodyparts and hords of beak dogs attacking trolls and goblins.
There was not much to do here, so I turned a second time and left this place, finding no hint of my companions anymore.

This game keeps on surprising me and such things whether intended behavior or not make it worth playing.

Still, I would like to know why these two things happened.
Why do my compaions slay an abducted child an how could I rescue the victims of child snatchers?
Why do (tame!) beak dogs attack their masters and everything around?

cdru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A short and sad story of an abducted child. (and turmoil in a Dark Pit).
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 04:30:47 am »

It was inevitable

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 10:00:59 am »

*Thats SO HILARIOUS SEND SCREENSHOTS pretty sad, I wish the boy DIED MORE BRUTALLY WITH SEVERED GUTS made it...
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 10:15:44 am »

Wait, you were in a dark pit and managed to actually find the kids? My game always crashes in dark pits that are also the capital.

nasobema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 02:51:40 pm »

Wait, you were in a dark pit and managed to actually find the kids? My game always crashes in dark pits that are also the capital.

No, it wasn't the capital.
While checking this in Legends Viewer I found that the child was in fact a victim of the second generation.
It was born to human parents who were abducted themselves when they were children (aged 1 and 6).

Does this still count as abducted? Guess not...
All their children seem to feel like goblins. Their personal goals are always "Rule the world".