Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How Do I Get On Santa's Bad Side?  (Read 4446 times)

JustMercy1994

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How Do I Get On Santa's Bad Side?
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2015, 01:53:47 am »

The presence of absence of bin-bugs is not clear at this point.  There were some, in older releases, for certain items.  I don't know if there still are, or if the older bugs affected coal specifically.

THE BIN BUGS ARE REAL, I'VE SEEN THEM WITH MY OWN EYES! ;-;

You'll never convince me that they're a figment of my imagination! Never ever!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How Do I Get On Santa's Bad Side?
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2015, 02:39:09 am »

The presence of absence of bin-bugs is not clear at this point.  There were some, in older releases, for certain items.  I don't know if there still are, or if the older bugs affected coal specifically.

THE BIN BUGS ARE REAL, I'VE SEEN THEM WITH MY OWN EYES! ;-;

You'll never convince me that they're a figment of my imagination! Never ever!

He was but a dwarf, yet he faced the terror itself!

Passing by the dusty coal bins, Cog was unnerved. He had heard about the strange, unexplained deaths that came down upon the dwarfs assigned hauling duty. Such troubles had never concerned him, since he had always assumed himself unfit for the task. Scrawny and underwhelming, with a small frame and scraggly beard, Cog was certainly not the shining alpha dwarf depicted in legends and tales. He made a simple living copying the writing of his superiors, the talented and privileged class of scholar. He had given up understanding the work years ago. Now, he performed admirably as a biological printing press, churning out hundreds of quires filled to the brim with advanced mathematical concepts, philosophical theses and mechanical diagrams. When the manager called to him, he expected a promotion or praise or at least something to give purpose to his mindless scribbling. He was instead told to haul coal to the smelters - a peasants job!

He brooded. Then, he saw the brood. A strange, brown, silky pod attached to the side of a cherry wood bin. "What is this?," Cog thought. He reached out, only to recoil as the pod burst and a torrent of shiny, scrabbling insects clouded the air in front of him. The bugs, who's only purpose was to consume, reproduce, consume, and reproduce, set upon Cog.

As the flesh of his skinny legs disappeared before his very eyes, Cog felt not horror but relief. He would serve a purpose, the other dwarfs would find his skeleton and the newly spawned eggs, and the mysterious hauler-killer would be revealed.

Little did he know, these bin-bugs consumed both flesh and bone.
Pages: 1 [2]