Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Little Killer Goat That Could  (Read 1168 times)

HandofCreation0

• Bay Watcher
  • 3D Artist and Ca Calne Fan
    • View Profile
    • HandofCreation0's DeviantART
The Little Killer Goat That Could
« on: May 16, 2016, 10:55:56 pm »

My tale here is quite a simple, albeit slightly funny one (or at least to me)

Sadly I have no screenshots to upload for this one as I did not quite expect this to occur.

T'was a normal day at my newly founded outpost, Asgongith "Cavesquid", not even a year old yet, but the migrant waves had gifted me with quite a few hunters for the wide open forests my fortress was planted on, a nice home dug into the mountains. A hunter, going about his day to day activities suddenly spotted something odd not far from him, a filthy elven ambush of bandits! There were seven in all, and the hunter was keen to take off running as quickly as he could, but not before firing off a single bolt at the first elf he saw, and a miracle shot it was! Planting the bone bolt firmly between the elf swordsmans eyes, the invader fell like a stone as the dwarf fled to safety.

Thankfully I had actually planned ahead with this fortress (still somewhat of a beginner, despite a few hundred hours in DF) and had build a quick drawbridge at the entrance of my small mountain home, the hunter fleeing inside and the burrow restrictions coming about as a dwarf in the dining hall quickly pulled a lever and sealed off the Fortress from the outside. I had ordered my dwarves to begin donning their weapons and shields, as I hadn't yet but begun to craft quick copper weapons so early in my forts life. We prepared for war.

This however, left my pastured animals who needed grass outside, vulnerable to the Elven horde. The elves were quick to dispatch my two egg laying geese that I had brought along with me on embark, and quickly moved on to my other pastured animals cutting them down in much the same fashion. They then encountered a goat that one of my migrants had brought along with him. And they began to attack this poor, wall-eyed creature.

But something in this creature had snapped at the onslaught of the elves, and reared a mighty kick at one of his attackers, hoof impacting right into the elves cranium, shattering his skull and splitting his brain! A fitting end no less! The elves were wholly distraught at this, having already lost two of their seven men to what was a miracle shot, and a clearly possessed, elf hating demon goat, and decided to turn tail and flee back to wherever it is they came. The battle over, the day won, all before I even had chance to drop my drawbridge and send my best men to drive away the invaders.

The champion of Goat-kind was scarred and bleeding from his attack, but lived to survive another day. Two years have passed since that battle, and the goat which I call "Elf-Killer" stands proud outside his now custom pasture just outside my main gate, waiting once more for the return of his attackers.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 09:42:54 pm by HandofCreation0 »
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress! Please take a number; the Forgotten Beast will be with you shortly!

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: The Little Killer Goat That Could
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 07:57:16 am »

A great tale of an elf-killing goat but the "Sadly I don't think they will ever return..." makes it not epic at all and just a normal story not an epic story so you should edit it out.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 09:03:54 am »

This goat is top tier material !
Breed it.
Then dispatch upcoming sieges with an army of its offsprings.
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

HandofCreation0

• Bay Watcher
  • 3D Artist and Ca Calne Fan
    • View Profile
    • HandofCreation0's DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 09:52:26 pm »

Ehhhh Fort fell later that day. Unfortunate Werehorse attack. Marched right into the dining hall. Bit too many dwarves for me to seal off at once. Downhill spiral from there.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress! Please take a number; the Forgotten Beast will be with you shortly!