Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we do for the language_words (We can use custom symbols)?

Keep the vanilla ones
Use an expanded vocabularly
Start entirely from scratch
Cull the words that don't make sense from vanilla, then add words as we go
Other(post it in the comments)

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42

Author Topic: DF from Scratch Redux - An entirely player made universe succession  (Read 61942 times)

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF from Scratch Redux - An entirely player made universe succession
« Reply #375 on: January 23, 2016, 12:20:51 pm »

Unlike what Bearskie said, it's male flame scraws that can't breathe fire. Simply copy the interaction from the females below.
Also in scraws, they have attacks defined at the bottom, but they only apply to the last defined caste. a [SELECT_CASTE:ALL] before the attacks should fix that, if I recall correctly.
KERATIN_SCALE_TEMPLATE_URD has PAIN_RECEPTORS defined twice, delete one of them.
Also played around with the tissue PAIN_RECEPTORS as I posted above, but there's nothing set in stone, yet, so that doesn't really matter.

Alright. And I'll take a quick moderator turn to make sure the changes get made, and implement my inorganic templates.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 23, 2016, 12:48:09 pm »

It is intended that only female flame scraws breathe fire (see description)

Thanks for fixing my sucky-ass raws up, too. I've never coded anything for DF other than a rock type in the first dffs.
That sucks that you got hurt, ceraptor. I hope you recover well, man.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 23, 2016, 12:52:28 pm »

Yeah I was about to say only female scraws breathe fire, but I couldn't remember if that was right or not, so I ended up taking too long and missed my chance :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 23, 2016, 12:54:54 pm »

Baffler can't start his turn till Sunday anyway, so that gives me a full day to apply changes and such.

I'm going to try thickening the areas of the body not used in combat, torso, neck, abdomen, etc. to see if that helps combat some of the combat issues. I'm also going to reduce pain values to 3/4 vanilla.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 23, 2016, 01:19:42 pm »

Baffler can't start his turn till Sunday anyway, so that gives me a full day to apply changes and such.

I'm going to try thickening the areas of the body not used in combat, torso, neck, abdomen, etc. to see if that helps combat some of the combat issues. I'm also going to reduce pain values to 3/4 vanilla.
Giant Scraw bones, by the way, are supposed to have very low pain receptors. Its a magical giant with metal bones, after all.

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 23, 2016, 01:33:14 pm »

Yes, but the issue is all the pain receptors appear to be too high.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 23, 2016, 02:26:35 pm »

Just read up on all the progress, and I'm loving the scraws. Nice job!

Also, sorry about your face Cerapter. That really sucks.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 23, 2016, 03:10:14 pm »

Cats can be just as bad or worse. While a dogs mouth is (noramlly) fairly clean, a cat's claws are disgusting, unless you bathe your cat almost every day, and even then...it's not the best feeling, having your face shreaded and then becoming infected.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 23, 2016, 03:21:19 pm »

Eh, ain't my fault. Though I'll go ahead and fix it.

EDIT: I just saw your pain suggestion, I'll see how that'll work out. Now that I'm checking it, muscle has +3 pain receptors, bone has +50, tooth has 10 (originally none) and organs have +11. So there's that.
I'd like to note that, in real life, breaking bones may be less painful than minor cuts due to the reduced number of pain receptors that deep.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 23, 2016, 03:23:37 pm »

I'd like to note that, in real life, breaking bones may be less painful than minor cuts due to the reduced number of pain receptors that deep.

I find it depends on the person, and how it's broken. When I break bones, I feel nothing at all really. Some people break bones and they're down for the count, so to speak.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 23, 2016, 03:30:21 pm »

Uh oh. I just tested scraws in the arena and all of them only use "push" attacks with latest ceraptor raws

E: Also, flame scraws work fine, but all scraws are named as "Scraw x", regardless of caste.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 03:32:15 pm by Dorsidwarf »

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 23, 2016, 03:31:27 pm »

Uh oh. I just tested scraws in the arena and all of them only use "push" attacks with latest ceraptor raws

He didn't get a chance to re-upload after fixing them, that's why. I've fixed it since then.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 23, 2016, 03:32:50 pm »

I find it depends on the person, and how it's broken. When I break bones, I feel nothing at all really. Some people break bones and they're down for the count, so to speak.

I'm not a doctor or anything, but I vaguely remember someone saying something about breaking bones doing a lot of damage to surrounding tissue that does have lots of pain receptors (with shards, fragments, blunt trauma, etc.) and vanilla bone has such high pain modifiers to model that.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 23, 2016, 03:33:20 pm »

Something's not right with flame scraws here, I think.

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 23, 2016, 03:35:02 pm »

I'm not a doctor or anything, but I vaguely remember someone saying something about breaking bones doing a lot of damage to surrounding tissue that does have lots of pain receptors (with shards, fragments, blunt trauma, etc.) and vanilla bone has such high pain modifiers to model that.

That must be why my broken bones have never hurt. I always cleanly break them, so not much trauma to the surrounding tissue. I'll try to find a balance of values that works decently.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42