Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [魔剣X SG] Brainjack - The Awakening of The Maken Sword  (Read 5087 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
[魔剣X SG] Brainjack - The Awakening of The Maken Sword
« on: December 26, 2015, 07:59:34 am »

Demon sword. Panacea. Those were the names they called you; the former from your detractors, and the latter from those who see your potential.

You don't remember much - if at all, what you were before. You, however, are aware that you can think, albeit most of your thoughts turn back to why exactly you exist. Contrary to your detractors' beliefs, you were in fact created and not found by a small team led by a Chief Sagami, intended to be used as a method to coax those comatose out of their states of incapacity.

A Demon... intended to heal... created by Human hands. That is what you are.

You are valued for one specific nature of your abilities: the ability to reinforce a Human person's consciousness by using yourself as a basic skeletal framework and mounting on yourself the identity of that person. In layman's terms, the unconscious human can see themselves being controlled forcibly by yourself, but only to the extent where your actions conform to their beliefs and values. As such, at your current state, you cannot do 'evil' things when you are mounted on a Human whose values conform to the sociological 'good.'

To the medical world, your abilities mean everything. The comatose will rise, due to your immense willpower. People have dubbed you Deus ex Machina - a god hidden in a tiny machine. A god that can heal the near-dead.

But today, your creators plan to unseal a larger portion of your power. This time, the reason is not to wake the sleeping. It is to create memories for an unconscious, amnesiac but otherwise healthy individual.

"Seal levels at 70%!" said one of those who made you. The other creator implores them to keep your seals at that level. You recall that 90% of your powers were sealed. You are unsure as to which, but insofar as you care, you actually are indifferent to their cause for now. It would seem that you have not developed much of an opinion for your creators - after all, you just woke.

You feel a clamp holding you, then moving you towards the comatose body of an amnesiac. Advanced servomotors guide you deftly into their hands.

"Initiate Brainjack operation!"

A ray of energy radiates from the clamp, giving you enough energy to enforce yourself into the psyche of the unconscious.

What did you see in their empty mind?

« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 09:44:05 am by Trapezohedron »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: [魔剣X SG] Brainjack
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 08:21:19 am »

> A seed, growing into a ever greater form, no, not a seed, a mind. Improving the self, you gain the ability to improve the self further, in a positive feedback loop.

Comment: Highlighting does not reveal meta-commentary, I had to quote your post to see it. This seems to be due a messup in formatting.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 08:23:02 am by Demonic Spoon »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 08:25:25 am »

Comment: Highlighting does not reveal meta-commentary, I had to quote your post to see it. This seems to be due a messup in formatting.

You gotta mouseover, not highlight.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 09:09:35 am »

> A seed, growing into a ever greater form, no, not a seed, a mind. Improving the self, you gain the ability to improve the self further, in a positive feedback loop.

+1 to this.

Really interesting concept, by the way.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 09:11:19 am »

+1 to this.

Really interesting concept, by the way.

shameless ripoff of this linky

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 12:52:05 pm »

01: Image - ► Play

C00: Thoughtforms

For a moment, as you pry the practically-empty shell's mind, you see... nothing. This is all new to you; all of the subjects that had held you during 90% seal power all had personalities. You would soon be engulfed in their thoughts until you were them, but upon release you would retain full memory of what you learned.

But as you ponder over the empty expanse, you catch glimpse of a seed. It falls down into the ground, bathed in light. It burrows, deeper and deeper. Grass springs forth the empty expanse, as a sapling emerges from the soil. It grows, increasing in height. Vegetation branches from the trunk, as they expand ever taller and majestic, flowers blossoming from the ends. The trunk itself enlarges; accommodating the mass as branches spring forth and away from its source. Finally, it all settles, and magnificent conifer leaves crown the entire structure.

You realize that all this still isn't the comatose person's thoughts - but yours. The knowledge you gleaned from the previous subjects have been enough to create a basic instinct on your psyche, if you can call what you have a psyche. You have a desire for improvement, first and foremost. You will never have enough knowledge; there is more to be learned. More souls to absorb the knowledge from. Seals to bypass and improve your powers upon. Most importantly, you will improve so that you will improve yourself in the future. You will stop at nothing to achieve this. That is your Id.

"C-Chief, Subject 017's hand is twitching!"

"Splendid, tell me if you gather more readings, Dr. Ishikawa! We may finally have perfected the cure for these kinds of paralysis!"

Chief Sagami paced around the room, supervising his team as they monitor the effects of handing the Maken over to an individual without a personality. #017 was a rarity; very few are diagnosed both comatose and retaining zero retrograde memory, but with the advances of science, it has become much easier to identify vegetable minds. In five months time, Chief Sagami is scheduled to handle Media coverage over the project, in order to continue securing funding for the research. This has put somewhat of a strain to his mind, but more importantly, the breakthroughs since the past three months with over fifteen subjects has motivated him and his crew to work harder with the project.

Glancing down on the clipboard practically fused to his hands, he compares previous assessments over today's readings. He sees a noted spike of 67% synchronization rejection compared to the last one's 5% rejection. A worrying frown gradually appears.

The thought-world begins to collapse, as you struggle to construct a personality for the person to fulfill an innate desire to control an individual. However, without a psychological gestalt to begin with, your inadequate knowledge for the Human psyche causes synchronization rejection, and the thought-world finally crashes.

The heart rate monitor flatlines, as everything fades away.

You are once again alone in your own thoughts.

Did the lessons learned from entering human psyches allow you to empathize better, and thus make you to strive for symbiotic compatibility above all functions? Did they only serve to strengthen your desire to dominate? Or... did you have a different realization over the experience?

<== | ==>
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 12:40:55 pm by Trapezohedron »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 01:08:24 pm »

((PTW!))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 01:19:14 pm »

I PTW anything that seems interesting

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 07:47:51 pm »

We must learn to empathize better! We have to develop our super-ego to balance our id.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 08:13:45 pm »

We must improve our control and dominate these empty minds.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nunzillor

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 08:18:15 pm »

We must learn to empathize better! We have to develop our super-ego to balance our id.
+1

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 09:07:35 pm »

+1
+1
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 10:45:37 pm »

You realize that in a first time in a long time your thoughts are your own. You no longer have a framework to pull from instead you will study from what you learned. Question why or how these ideas are formed? For this is sapience.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 11:07:50 pm by jaass »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2015, 12:49:05 am »

We realize the correlation between the rapid growth and organic structure of plants, and the creation and retainment of human personality. Perhaps if we study these plants through the mind of another, we will learn how to sustain a personality without any actual personality, providong us with a mind without moral restrictions and one that contains unlimited potential!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 12:55:28 am »

You realize that in a first time in a long time your thoughts are your own. You no longer have a framework to pull from instead you will study from what you learned. Question why or how these ideas are formed? For this is sapience.
Actually, +1 to this, definitely.
Sigtext

Pages: [1] 2