Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [魔剣X SG] Brainjack - The Awakening of The Maken Sword  (Read 5125 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: [魔剣X SG] Brainjack
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2015, 01:58:07 am »

You realize that in a first time in a long time your thoughts are your own. You no longer have a framework to pull from instead you will study from what you learned. Question why or how these ideas are formed? For this is sapience.
Actually, +1 to this, definitely.
+2
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: [魔剣X SG] Brainjack
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 12:39:57 pm »

C01: Harnessing the Power of the Demon Sword

Before turning once again dormant, the impression that had been left by the curious images of self-growth have left you pondering over its meaning. The humans all had their impressions and beliefs when you controlled them. Those beliefs controlled their morals and their habits, and you, sealed at 90%, had to conform to them. As such, you did not give it much thought because you simply did what you had to do.

The latest attempt was your own projection of the experiences you have gathered from the test subjects. You also had room to do - and think of whatever as you tried to pry on an empty person's mind and found none. You believe questioning the ideals leads to developing a psyche unique to those whom you possess. So you endlessly question in your mind, alone.

A craving for dominance is kept at bay by your unwavering desire to learn more about the world you exist in. You believe enforcing your own fractured psyche would be detrimental to accessing the experiences of those who might use your powers. So you prioritize symbiotically supporting those who may wield you.

June XX, 20XX - 2 months to Global Press Conference.

"Why won't anything work?!"

Chief Sagami pounds his hand on the table, startling his peers and spilling coffee out of the mugs on the table. Frustrations over Synchronization Rejection - or when the Maken cannot find a way to effectively connect with the consciousness of a patient and thus causing the patient to flatline, does not exactly make his nerves calm down; not especially when the Global Press Conference is scheduled very soon, and no breakthrough has been found to mitigate up the synchronization rejection down to 5% at higher levels of unsealing the powers of the Maken.

"Director, you need to calm down!", a peer implores him. "Frustration won't help us right now, we'll just do what we can while R&D figures out some breakthrough to minimize this side effect."

"Yes, I suppose you're right. Did we discover anything new?"

"Our experiments show that as we keep giving the Maken more comatose subjects, patient synchronization rejection becomes less likelier. We also discovered that the aura emitted by the sword has changed slightly. The Maken seems to have adapted around the rejection problem at higher sealing levels, but the more we unseal it..."

"Yes, I know... the sword obtains far riskier rejection probabilities. Inform Dr. Jones about our new findings. He's the one who created the basic psychological framework for the Maken. He should be able to pinpoint the correlation of synchronization rejection and these results."

"Understood, Sir."

As Sagami's aide walks out of the break room, his eyes pan over the documents he had left on the shelf. He had forgotten for a moment that a Highschool trip over one of Japan's most prominent schools of Science is also going to Kanazawa Research Institute, along with the Global Press. He enrolled his daughter in that school, hoping that she would come around and join him in his career soon. He did know that his daughter Kei was more interested in athletics than academics, but nevertheless, one can keep hoping for the best.

"Ahh, Kei. It's been so long since I last saw you. We'll see each other soon," he mumbles to himself, smiling.

??? ???, 20?? - ????

You, the Maken, have been dormant for far too long. For a month, you have not been able to receive any new stimulus, as you had been kept sealed in your pedestal. More tests have been done on you, causing you to radiate more energy, and you have improved your abilities to synchronize due to having sorted out your psychological framework.

"...seal is at 40%! That's as much we can afford before the Maken fries its user!"

But suddenly, you experience a massive energy spike as you feel your power rapidly unleashing out into the real world.

"...ou, NO!"

Your senses heighten as you can feel the thought patterns of everyone in the room. They are all in a state of panic. All but one of them, who seems to have been gleefully murdering everyone with his bare fists.

"..ather! Don't die!"

The stimulus is refreshing. You can feel the rasps of weapons grating as they traverse along the solid steel-plated floor, of the warps in the air as bullets fly from both sides, and the panicked states of people as they are suddenly attacked.

"W-We have no time... Grab it... and run!"
"D-Don't do it, my daughter! We still haven't tested what would happen to you at Seal 40%-"

The containment capsule is raised, and the seals have been negated enough for you to manifest into your blade form. Hexagonal shapes of pseudo-material form around your entity, covering you in a steel-like carapace, sharp enough to cut the victims who oppose your wielder. As you finally complete your form, you feel energy radiating from the one grasping your hilt - your wielder's energy, towards you. You feel time slowing down to a halt, as your consciousness moves to the world within - the PSI World, where you can pry open the hidden truths and secrets from those who take hold of you. And from where your consciousness operates.

02: Title Back - ► Play

"Hello...? Is this... the world inside?" a shadow asks. It gradually takes form of a woman in red. "I-I'm Sagami. Kei Sagami. I need your help to vanquish my foes."

<== | ==>
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 03:15:02 am by Trapezohedron »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: [魔剣X SG] Brainjack - The Awakening of The Maken Sword
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2015, 12:45:19 pm »

"It seems to be.  To be honest, we don't know much about this.
..Why are we active again?  We were shut out for so long...  But first, these enemies.  Where are they, who are they.  And what do you want to do with them."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2015, 01:11:53 pm »

"Why should we grant it?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 12:03:14 am »

"Why should we grant it?"

+1 to this. Nothing is free.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2015, 01:22:54 am »

*Cue Laughter*. You demand power just because you picked me up? For any sorry fool could do that. You must give some something in return, for a bargain must be struck.

GM, can insert the character's reasoning in between "You must give something."
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 02:32:17 am by jaass »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 03:13:16 am »

C01 - 1: Harnessing the Power of the Demon Sword

"Why should we grant it? You demand power because you picked me... us... up?"

You inquire the lady, curious to her intents. You can learn from your wielder as much as they can gain from you, but you do not think willingly offering your service is not entirely logical. You believe they must willingly offer a portion of themselves to you before you offer your powers.

"No... no... not at all...! I-I don't know how to say this..."

Her face slowly turns into a frown as she tries to find the words to speak, but her resolve prevents her from crying within your mindspace - the PSI world.

"My father... he was unjustly killed by these assassins. I didn't want it to be this way, but let's just say you will be glad I took you instead of them, because they will most definitely use you for evil purposes! You weren't created by my father to be used as a weapon. No... you were created to help people. If these people took hold of you..."

"You must give some something in return; a bargain must be struck, so I will be able to aid you."

Her reasoning is of no interest of you. She has not given any particular proposition. Whoever wields you, you get to learn anyway.

"Okay... how about this? I promise to take you on a tour around the world, in exchange for your aid. This won't be too long. I just need to secure everyone... to keep them safe. No one has to die. And these assassins... I want them taken care of. I want you to give me the strength to do that, to protect me and my friends from our enemies. Will you do that?"

It is obvious to you that the lady is desperate for any kind of aid, so long as her enemies are vanquished and her friends saved, as you can directly pry her emotions even.

However, you may still impose a greater demand on her. But you're not entirely sure of the extent of your powers, at Seal 40%. Accept the deal?

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)

<== | ==>
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 09:41:56 am by Trapezohedron »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2015, 03:14:53 am »

Accept it.  Why are we so...Greedy?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2015, 04:59:44 am »

The best way to understand greed is to be greedy. Then we can understand being charitable. She's promised us something, so accept it.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2015, 12:33:43 pm »

The best way to understand greed is to be greedy. Then we can understand being charitable. She's promised us something, so accept it.
+1
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2015, 09:39:18 am »

C02: Contracted

The knowledge you've gleaned from the minds of the comatose tell you that this hesitation to perform an act without any compensation is called 'Greed'.

However, having been promised to be taken around the world is more than enough for you. Being shown the world will most definitely enhance your knowledge about it, and that is all that matters about it.

So, you allow your powers to be wielded by the lady Kei Sagami.

"Thank you."

03: Research Institute - ► Play

Time resumes as your consciousness takes over the woman's lithe frame. You are now Kei Sagami. The room smells of gunpowder and smoke, and the assailants seem to be leaving as you lie down on the floor seemingly injured. Of note is that the brusque assassin seems to be carrying the corpse of Chief Sagami.

As you recover your footing, the assassins notice and speedily haste outside of the room. You also notice a large bleeding wound directly on your chest, but you heal from the wound very fast; flesh sealing over flesh as the bleeding stops.

With little choice, chasing after the adversaries that have fled is your priority directive, but it is ultimately up to you how you will spring the assault (flashily, pragmatically, or something else..?), and if whether you want to look around for survivors.

<== |
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 09:41:21 am by Trapezohedron »

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2016, 01:28:39 am »

Spread your senses find these assailants. They must have recent thoughts of killing and a sense of urgency(fear of you) to escape this facility. Use this as template to find them and prevent their nervous system from communicating to their limbs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2016, 10:22:44 pm »

Er.  Bump?
Sigtext

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2016, 11:22:45 am »

Question: Why was an item that is meant to temporarily revive unconscious people made in the shape of a sword? Why not a necklace or something?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2016, 03:05:19 am »

Sweep the room mentally for anyone still alive.  Try and remember the layout to the building and any good points where we can ambush the assassins.
Pages: 1 [2]