Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Performers Assigned to Tavern and Temple  (Read 3753 times)

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
Performers Assigned to Tavern and Temple
« on: December 25, 2015, 10:04:27 pm »

So I have been trying to figure out how often dwarves will perform if given the occupation.

However, so far the temple performers have done nothing but pray and meditate and the tavern performers just serve drinks like the tavern keeper would.

Am I missing something?
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Performers Assigned to Tavern and Temple
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 11:14:05 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9302

add what you posted to the comments there
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 07:58:05 am »

I don't think I've ever seen my performers perform, nor have I seen my tavern keepers serve drinks. I've seen performers serve drinks, though. In my previous fortress the tavern keeper had all other duties disabled, and he spent most of the time in temples. In my current fortress I just have hauling and other random non critical professions enabled on both the tavern keeper and the performers (my first written work was a codex written by one of my performers, can't figure out how it could be a codex, though, since I haven't ordered any written quires to be bound into codices, and I didn't have any covers constructed either).

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 04:56:08 pm »

After having a fort for almost a decade with several pages of guests, I notice they don't sing or dance any more.  They'll tell stories and socialize but not organize anything more complex than that.  They won't even simulate instruments, much less play them.  They won't even stay in the tavern.  A lot of them stand shoulder to shoulder in the murky pool outside the tavern.

Scholars seem to work the way they should.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 05:07:33 pm »

Does anyone knows if murdering visitors give you a relation malus with its civ? I've been murdering all the goblins and elves that stepped into my tavern. A murder spree from time to time gives my soldiers experience and keep the tavern clean.

Is there any reason not to periodically murder all your visitors?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Tygroux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 07:52:20 pm »

Does anyone knows if murdering visitors give you a relation malus with its civ? I've been murdering all the goblins and elves that stepped into my tavern. A murder spree from time to time gives my soldiers experience and keep the tavern clean.

Is there any reason not to periodically murder all your visitors?

Currently none, they will arrive wave after wave until the quota is met.
Pretty hilarious when the target number rise in the middle of a siege, leading to wave after wave of suicidal bards and adventurers.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 04:26:33 am »

That's an interesting way to weaponize taverns: During a siege, lock the drawbridge, massacre all your guests and watch as waves of adventurers come to kill the goblins.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.