Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Mostly Mythical Monsters Modular Mod [1.2.1: A few minor fixes]  (Read 68565 times)

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Mythical Monsters Modular Mod [1.0: Update and fixes]
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2016, 06:13:15 pm »

Oh.  So I suppose the example interaction in the raw/interaction_examples folder is not actually an accurate representation of the necromancy secret...?  I based them off of it, and it has the IT_REQUIRES:MORTAL tag.
I just compared an extracted necromancy secret to the example one and they're almost identical (the extracted one lacks an arena name), so that can't be it.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2016, 09:21:34 am »

I'm not sure about vampire necromancers, but you do need to be mortal to become a vanilla necromancer. elvish adventurers cannot become necromancers.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2016, 08:10:44 pm »

Is there any way of removing pretas without starting a new world? Don't understand what the hell you're supposed to do about them - they count as part of your civ so you can't order squads to kill them and they don't seem to turn up in the Justice screen at all. Even using DFHack to kill them as soon as something gets possessed means you're still liable to someone valuable, and they seem to appear something like once a fortnight, meaning my fort's just slowly being taken apart.

I'm using the version of this mod bundled with Masterwork, if that makes any difference.

EDIT: Okay, I've been actually keeping count and it's more like two a week atm
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 08:19:36 pm by baldamundo »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2016, 11:07:03 pm »

Is there any way of removing pretas without starting a new world? Don't understand what the hell you're supposed to do about them - they count as part of your civ so you can't order squads to kill them and they don't seem to turn up in the Justice screen at all. Even using DFHack to kill them as soon as something gets possessed means you're still liable to someone valuable, and they seem to appear something like once a fortnight, meaning my fort's just slowly being taken apart.

I'm using the version of this mod bundled with Masterwork, if that makes any difference.

EDIT: Okay, I've been actually keeping count and it's more like two a week atm

Try replacing [VERMIN_EATER] with [VERMIN_GROUNDER].  That should make possessions much less common.
It's unfortunate the pretas became so overwhelming... they should be a fun mechanism if they show up once in a while, but since my tests are short I greatly underestimated how prolific they are in practice.

As for those you already have, try drafting them and sending them to fight wildlife.  At certain points in their cycle, pretas are prone to jumping into any creature their victim goes into combat with.  If you're lucky, they will jump into the animal and leave the map with it (or get killed).

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2016, 06:20:13 pm »

I'm playing masterwork with mancers on and none of the spells are present. world gen will make the minions, but the mancers will never do so in game play and reading the slab gives only the "secret learned" message, without giving a power.

Are you an elf, vampire, or otherwise immortal creature?  The spells are restricted to mortals, same as vanilla necromancy.
I'm pretty sure all those can become necromancers, they just never do in world generation. I know for sure that vampires can at least, as it's a common strategy for easily becoming a necromancer as the zombies will ignore you.

Oh.  So I suppose the example interaction in the raw/interaction_examples folder is not actually an accurate representation of the necromancy secret...?  I based them off of it, and it has the IT_REQUIRES:MORTAL tag.

this would be the problem, I prefer to play scubbi when in masterwork
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2016, 09:34:18 am »

How about adding a sciopod? it's a one-footed humanoid that lives in the elephant-ridden plains. Said to be able to kill a elephant with a single kick! but don't worry it doesn't eat meat. or vegetables. or anything. they exist on the aroma of fresh fruit, which they always carry with them
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2016, 05:06:32 pm »

Just wanted to report that I got a siege by lightning men. They dropped all their fancy gear at the map-edge an approached naked.

They are also only 1 of 4 nearby towers, two of which are friendly.

Edit: Even unarmed a single of these lightning men easily kills a group of elephants. I'm not sure if you intenionally made them that strong, just wanted to let you know.

Edit2: Oh, and they conjure bodyparts, like flying "lightning man conjured head/arms/lower body", which are friendly.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 06:21:44 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2016, 06:40:40 pm »

Just wanted to report that I got a siege by lightning men. They dropped all their fancy gear at the map-edge an approached naked.

They are also only 1 of 4 nearby towers, two of which are friendly.

Edit: Even unarmed a single of these lightning men easily kills a group of elephants. I'm not sure if you intenionally made them that strong, just wanted to let you know.

Edit2: Oh, and they conjure bodyparts, like flying "lightning man conjured head/arms/lower body", which are friendly.

Yeah, I recently encountered a lightning man tower in my tests.  They aren't supposed to be that overpowered and will be nerfed in the next update.

I'm not sure why the body parts are friendly.  Unless... Wait, I have to test what happens if a zombie raises another zombie.  I assumed that the second zombie would share the loyalty of the first, but it could be that something hiccups and the second zombie winds up friendly instead.

Actually a lot of the 'mancer minions are still very odd.  I found a tower where the ferromancer master died and one of their iron man zombie minions claimed their position somehow.  On a basic level they're just regular necromancers that add a transformation to the raise interaction, so why they should be subject to such weird behavior is beyond me  ???

I'm going to come out with an update soon, with some new mythical creatures added to the list.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2016, 07:42:23 pm »

No worries, I just hope that the reports help.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Mythical Monsters Modular Mod [1.1: The Witching Hour]
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2016, 10:57:43 am »

Updated!

Some of the 'mancers have been adjusted - minions will no longer animate their own severed body parts.  Keuranomancers have been nerfed - each lightning man can only stunlock one target at a time and only at touch range, so outnumbering them or using projectiles will work.  Hydromancers are a little less of a joke, they and their minions can now suffocate enemies.

The Bloodgod mod has been included, although there is no way to actually summon it unless you manually add [PERMITTED_REACTION:DRINK_BLOODGOD] to the dwarven entity raws.  The Avatar of the Blood God is a stupidly powerful creature (a humanoid made of slade with adamantine teeth, nails, and beard, and magma for blood) that is hostile to everything. so you must lock up the dwarf that drinks the draught before their transformation is complete.  If you keep it in your fort, it will grant combat bonuses to all your dwarves, BUT only if you sacrifice a creature to it every month or so.  Go too long without a sacrifice, and half of your fort will go berserk and try to kill the other half.  And even with the occasional sacrifice, sometimes it will create hidden fun like vampires or necromancers.  Also, if you try and get out of it by killing it in a cave-in, your fort will also go berserk - once you've summoned it, you're stuck (though some migrants might survive if they haven't been made thralls yet).  It...isn't really worth the bonuses, but is meant as an extra challenge.

Besides that, there's some new creatures:
Strigoi (a flying vampire species)
Naga (a little different from Masterwork's Naga so Meph might want to remove them)
Witches (they will give a random month-long curse to their enemies, but will grant boons to their allies - if you can get one to join you, you're in luck)
Kapre (tropical tree trolls)
Mogui (fluffy pets that breed explosively, but can only mate when they are in the rain - which also makes them go berserk and attack all non-mogui.  I should probably come up with a reason why you would want to go through the trouble of breeding them.)
Carbuncle (extremely rare pets that grant protective effects to their owners - or you can butcher them for their ultra-valuable gemstone)
Baku (tapir-sized pets that eat the negative energy of the creatures around them, producing good thoughts - but if left unfed for too long, they might suck out a creature's emotions.  Also be careful of their milk, it's made of concentrated nightmares...though it does give a creativity boost.)
Squonk (constantly crying, and when they get sad enough they melt)
Drop Bear (vicious ambush predator koalas)

And a new semimegabeast, Ammit, hippo/lion/crocodile hybrids that eat souls - anyone bitten by one (that survives) loses the ability to learn and speak permanently.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2016, 11:42:24 am »

Just had a giant come to my fort. MEGABEAST! It was then killed by a friendly conjured lightning left arm, which paralyzed and pushed it to death. Not sure but the giant might have suffocated.

I'll put the updated version into the next masterworkDf update. :)

Edit: Next undead siege, this time with proper undeads. Raised corpses. They have equipment and do not drop it. I think it has to do with the transformation.

As you know units drop their inventory when they transform through syndromes (dfhacks transformation script allows them to keep it). Maybe the units get transformed, but dont drop their gear in worldgen, but do so as soon as they appear on the map? That would explain a lot.

Edit2: Mh... some did drop their gear: The named corpses.

Most of the units are "kobold blowgunner corpse" or "orc swordman corpse". But a few are named corpses. These drop their gear.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 12:03:15 pm by Meph »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2016, 01:27:37 pm »

It's a common mistake, but with the exception of necromancy(meaning black magic) almost all Foo-mancy actually means the person uses foo to tell the future, not that they have supernatural control of foo. necromancers can either mean black(evil, not skin color) magicians, or people who use the dead to tell the future.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2016, 01:31:59 pm »

It's a common mistake, but with the exception of necromancy(meaning black magic) almost all Foo-mancy actually means the person uses foo to tell the future, not that they have supernatural control of foo. necromancers can either mean black(evil, not skin color) magicians, or people who use the dead to tell the future.
We know that, but its a common fantasy trope and the names are perfectly fine for that.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2016, 02:59:50 pm »

We know that, but its a common fantasy trope and the names are perfectly fine for that.
Necromancer's original meaning is just someone who conducts divination by consulting the dead. I guess you could go with -theurge/-theurgy(unsure on this one) if you don't feel like the 'mancers in whatever you do. Usually nobody really cares, though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2016, 01:30:12 pm »

Yeah, I considered giving them proper suffixes (probably would have gone with -urge) but then it would be inconsistent with the vanilla necromancers' name.  I figured, since this mod is meant to fit into a vanilla world, better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistent.

Let's just say the -mancers divine information from their respective material in addition to controlling/animating it.

I'm finding that transformations along with animation has a whole bunch of weird effects in worldgen (it seems that all transformed zombies function as living creatures - I've seen them take mundane jobs in addition to taking over their tower).  I'm not really sure what can be done about that, though, if it's the transformations themselves causing the bugs.  I've got three options - give them transformed minions, let them make regular zombies, or just leave out animation from the secret, which means they won't make towers.  So... yeah that's basically all there is to say on the matter.  I'm hoping that at the very least this will solve the friendly body part issue.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11