Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Mostly Mythical Monsters Modular Mod [1.2.1: A few minor fixes]  (Read 69051 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Mythical Monsters Modular Mod [1.1: The Witching Hour]
« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2016, 02:13:33 pm »

Yes, as with all of my mods.

Note about this one - you might want to separate the different parts, like Meph did with Masterwork.  Right now there are 7 independent mods included (under the headers of the front page), and some of their changes are more significant than others.  Each group of files with the same suffix can function independently of the others.

Thanks for the tip.

There's a few files that aren't as obvious as the others.
*_bloodgod.txtWhatevermancers? Bloodgod
*_bogeyhunt.txtBogey Hunting
*_deep_ones.txtDeep Ones
*_hungryghost.txtHungry Ghosts
*_mancy.txtWhatevermancers
*_mth.txtMythical Monsters
*_phm.txtPlump Helmet Men
*_quiz.txtMythical Monsters?
*_wildhunt.txtThe Wild Hunt
quiz*.txtMythical Monsters?
secret_fish.txtWhatevermancers? Deep Ones
wish_done.txtMythical Monsters?
wish_start.txtMythical Monsters?

Is that all correct? Are any of those used by multiple modules?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 03:50:15 pm by jecowa »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2016, 03:37:09 pm »

Bloodgod is its own thing, I forgot to add it on the front page.  It doesn't really do much except give you a cheat creature in adventure mode which will cause all kinds of fun if retired in a fortress or if the reaction is added to your entity.  I guess I should detail that better.

Quizzes and wish texts are part of Mythical Monsters, they are related to sphinxes and leprechauns, respectively.

secret_fish is for the Deep Ones.

All the others are correct.

Regarding the Bloodgod mod, it lets you play as or transform a dwarf into the virtually invincible Avatar of Armok.  If you put it in a fort, you have to seal him off and sacrifice living creatures to him periodically (once every 1-2 months).  He will bless all of your citizens with extra combat ability, BUT if you fail to make the sacrifices (or kill him with a cave-in), your citizens will randomly go berserk until they destroy your fort.  Sometimes he will cause problems anyway for fun, like turning random citizens into necromancers and vampires.  Also if he gets out he will kill everyone.  Basically it was made for a 'challenge fort' where you have to keep an evil god locked away and satisfied.

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2016, 04:41:02 am »

Any chance of a water downed syndrome version, mainly because some of them seem really broken.

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 18, 2016, 12:34:42 pm »

Is the Gorgon's paralyse effect permanent? Is there any way of healing it? Even with DFHack?? (full-heal seems to momentarily heal it, only to have the effect immediately reapplied)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2016, 05:14:46 am »

Is the Gorgon's paralyse effect permanent? Is there any way of healing it? Even with DFHack?? (full-heal seems to momentarily heal it, only to have the effect immediately reapplied)

It's not permanent.  If you survive, you should be able to change back by sleeping.

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2016, 06:27:33 am »

It's not permanent.  If you survive, you should be able to change back by sleeping.

How do I get paralysed people to sleep? This is in Fortmode btw

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2016, 11:13:50 am »

How do I get paralysed people to sleep? This is in Fortmode btw

In fort mode you just have to wait it out.  It doesn't actually last very long.

Nightcore Angel

• Bay Watcher
  • Noice! Now, keel over and DIE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2017, 02:19:23 am »

imma be downloading this ;D

Nightcore Angel

• Bay Watcher
  • Noice! Now, keel over and DIE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2017, 03:12:40 am »

and i did, and now im confused, is
There's a few files that aren't as obvious as the others.
*_bloodgod.txtWhatevermancers? Bloodgod
*_bogeyhunt.txtBogey Hunting
*_deep_ones.txtDeep Ones
*_hungryghost.txtHungry Ghosts
*_mancy.txtWhatevermancers
*_mth.txtMythical Monsters
*_phm.txtPlump Helmet Men
*_quiz.txtMythical Monsters?
*_wildhunt.txtThe Wild Hunt
quiz*.txtMythical Monsters?
secret_fish.txtWhatevermancers? Deep Ones
wish_done.txtMythical Monsters?
wish_start.txtMythical Monsters?
the part of the mod that i have to copy into my raws? because i had other mods i play with, and ive manually combine those mods, when i download your mod, there are bunch of files which seems as if like you copy your whole raws instead of just the mods, and i fear if i simply drag and drop, i will overwrite all my hard work poured into manually customizing my DF

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2017, 10:36:19 am »

If you have changed vanilla DF files, you shouldn't copy/paste the whole folder.

This mod makes has no changes to any vanilla DF files.  Each part of the mod is its own separate group of files with a common suffix.

So you can just copy/paste all the new files.

Alternatively (easier option), you can copy the whole folder, and when it asks if you want to rewrite files just say "no".

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2017, 10:55:21 pm »

If you have changed vanilla DF files, you shouldn't copy/paste the whole folder.

Why include the vanilla raws at all? It is a little confusing. Users can just copy and paste over vanilla DF.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Mythical Monsters Modular Mod [1.2: Bogeyhunt - The Dark Prophecy]
« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2017, 02:46:11 pm »

Update!

The bogey hunting game is finally done.  Sometimes, when fighting bogeymen, you will be given the power to "advance bogeyman to Tier 2".  If you're strong enough to wipe the floor with normal bogeymen (haha), you can advance them to progressively higher tiers.  In order to unlock the next tier, you have to make contact with the blood of a bogeyman of the last tier.  There are 7 tiers in total.

Spoiler: Bogeyhunt Tiers (click to show/hide)

It's quite a challenge.  Still possible though.  Every time you advance a bogey to a new level, you have a chance of gaining a random bonus syndrome.  The higher you climb, the more powerful these syndromes will be.  If you win you basically become Nyarlathotep.  Have fun spreading the Dark Prophecy and making the whole world go insane!

Also there is now a hidden automaton civ.  They will live in 3 caves on the whole map and will never leave, unless another civ encounters them, at which point they will proceed to spread out and conquer every settlement they can reach.  That's the theory anyway.  For some obscure reason they seem to get wiped out quite easily in worldgen, despite being absurdly powerful in combat.  I might have to work on them a bit.

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Mythical Monsters Modular Mod [1.2: Bogeyhunt - The Dark Prophecy]
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2017, 09:51:42 pm »

As a Challenge I decided to kill an Elder God, Let's just say my now armless,legless,soulless Almost Bodiless Hero, Zombie, Vampire, Necromancer, Hemomancer, lithomancer,Magmamancer,Thrall,Fog Zombie,King-killer is feeling Pretty Accomplished.

But no joke Those Elder Gods Are Tough.....  :D :P
Been Killing Hordes of Night Creatures and I dare say I know why I fear the night.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2017, 02:02:34 pm »

Why include the vanilla raws at all? It is a little confusing. Users can just copy and paste over vanilla DF.
I agree with this.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2017, 05:28:40 pm »

I agree with this.

I think I did it originally because people were confused about how to install it.  Anyway, I took all the vanilla files out of the last update.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11