Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Mostly Mythical Monsters Modular Mod [1.2.1: A few minor fixes]  (Read 69021 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Mostly Mythical Monsters Modular Mod [0.91: Preta fix]
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2016, 10:27:04 am »

Wait, zombies are now friendly if you don't explicitly give them OPPOSED_TO_LIFE?  This is good news!  Obviously it needs to be fixed for this, but that opens up a whole bunch of new possibilities.
Ups, completely forgot to report this, but yeah... I found both blood men and wine men dropping their gear. They were local residents, while the necromancer himself was hostile.

It would also be nice to add lockpicking to them, or buildingdestroyer1, otherwise you can embark on a tower and simply lock the doors.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Mostly Mythical Monsters Modular Mod [1.0: Update and fixes]
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2016, 03:37:08 pm »

I updated for DF 43.02.

Pretas have been nerfed further, making them possess less frequently, removing their ability to occasionally kill a host when leaving them, and spacing out their berserking so that they have a smaller chance of actually starting a fight.  (Without going berserk for at least one moment they will not jump hosts.)

The *mancer minions should hold onto their equipment and be properly opposed to life now.  The liquid ones are still probably pushovers, but maybe with weapons and armor they might pose a slightly bigger challenge.

Also I added Pegasi.  (I wanted to call them pterippi, but nobody would know what that meant.  Pedantic...)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2016, 09:24:34 am »

Regarding the pretas... Could there be a "burn magical incense" reaction that creates a magic boulder that gives dwarves the syn_class of preta interactions,so they can't be possessed, for a while?
wouldn't help a fortress that already has almost everybody is possessed, but it will be a preventative that makes some sense.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 09:26:08 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Mythical Monsters Modular Mod [0.91: Preta fix]
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2016, 01:37:49 pm »

Wait, zombies are now friendly if you don't explicitly give them OPPOSED_TO_LIFE?  This is good news!  Obviously it needs to be fixed for this, but that opens up a whole bunch of new possibilities.
Ups, completely forgot to report this, but yeah... I found both blood men and wine men dropping their gear. They were local residents, while the necromancer himself was hostile.

It would also be nice to add lockpicking to them, or buildingdestroyer1, otherwise you can embark on a tower and simply lock the doors.
or wall up the doors, or build fortifications or... wait won't this mess with player necromancers as those creatures would be knocking player camps stuff over constant destruction of the carpentry workshop?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ungratefuldead

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2016, 12:13:57 pm »

Those pretas are still fortress-killers even after the updates (I think this is after the updates, started the fort the day before yesterday). They only berserked a couple dwarves but they turned 50/80 dwarves in my fort into vampires.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2016, 02:39:38 pm »

Those pretas are still fortress-killers even after the updates (I think this is after the updates, started the fort the day before yesterday). They only berserked a couple dwarves but they turned 50/80 dwarves in my fort into vampires.

What?  How many were actually bitten?  Also, are you sure they are actually vampires?  Due to the way the switch works it may cause some false positives when scanning with a third party tool (they technically have the bloodsucker tag, but it is removed by a seperate syndrome).

ungratefuldead

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2016, 10:18:28 pm »

Hmm.. the 50 number was from DFHack, so could be some false positives, but dwarves were dropping like flies from exsanguination so there had to be at least a few running around at once. There were also dozens of pretas visible at any given time in the fortress.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2016, 01:25:47 am »

I had other reports where the entire fortress was flagged as vampires.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ungratefuldead

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2016, 12:17:14 pm »

EDIT: Wrong thread.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2016, 12:52:15 pm »

EDIT: Wrong thread.
Right thread.

Just had some Undead Water Men show up in a siege and drop all their gear (though they were still quite hostile, until some Giant Alligators shredded them). Not sure if that's a bug or if they simply lack the capacity to use equipment due to being liquids. Oddly their various animated parts (heads, feet, etc.) that were left behind were Friendly to me.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2016, 02:09:16 pm »

That's... really weird.  The elementalmen have the EQUIPS tag and the interaction adds OPPOSED_TO_LIFE, so what could cause that?

As for the pretas... I'll need to know more details.  Being flagged as vampires makes sense, but that's more a problem with DFhack's scanner; I suppose it checks whether the creatures have a BLOODSUCKER tag but not whether or not they have an anti-BLOODSUCKER effect active, since one doesn't exist in vanilla.  Due to the way pretas jump around, it stands to reason that they'd wind up flagging the whole fort, but you should only have one 'real' vampire per 'possession' event (and the game should warn you with a message when that happens).  So the question is, is there something wrong with the jumping interaction or are possessions still just too common?

If the problem is with the jumping, that's a significant bug that needs to be fixed.  If it's the latter problem, there are two solutions: either reduce the bite probability (again) or make them VERMIN_GROUNDER instead of VERMIN_ROTTER.  The latter will make possessions much, much less common, since they'll show up randomly scattered around instead of hanging around the food stockpile where dwarves tend to congregate.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2016, 07:18:56 pm »

I'm playing masterwork with mancers on and none of the spells are present. world gen will make the minions, but the mancers will never do so in game play and reading the slab gives only the "secret learned" message, without giving a power.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2016, 09:02:00 am »

I'm playing masterwork with mancers on and none of the spells are present. world gen will make the minions, but the mancers will never do so in game play and reading the slab gives only the "secret learned" message, without giving a power.

Are you an elf, vampire, or otherwise immortal creature?  The spells are restricted to mortals, same as vanilla necromancy.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2016, 11:30:57 am »

Are you an elf, vampire, or otherwise immortal creature?  The spells are restricted to mortals, same as vanilla necromancy.
I'm pretty sure all those can become necromancers, they just never do in world generation. I know for sure that vampires can at least, as it's a common strategy for easily becoming a necromancer as the zombies will ignore you.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2016, 04:13:44 pm »

I'm pretty sure all those can become necromancers, they just never do in world generation. I know for sure that vampires can at least, as it's a common strategy for easily becoming a necromancer as the zombies will ignore you.

Oh.  So I suppose the example interaction in the raw/interaction_examples folder is not actually an accurate representation of the necromancy secret...?  I based them off of it, and it has the IT_REQUIRES:MORTAL tag.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11