Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Equipping bone armor  (Read 5702 times)

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
Equipping bone armor
« on: December 27, 2015, 06:11:09 pm »

So, via a minor bug with the uniform creation interface, I've figured out how to assign a proper bone armor uniform.

Step one: Assign a helm. Since the uniform screen will list items in a particular order (i.e., helms are always listed before greaves, which always go before leggings, etc.), you'll need to obey this order when designating.

Step two: Assign a weapon. It can be any of the three "Individual Choice" entries, or a crossbow.

Step three: Hit 'm' to go to the "material" section for the weapon.

Step four: Hit enter to delete the weapon.

Step five: Hit right to go back to the materials menu, and you'll be able to assign any of the materials associated with the weapon to the helm.

From then on, you can repeat those steps, adding the greaves, leggings, and/or gauntlets in that order.

This only works if the weapon is directly below the armor you want to assign the material to, and still doesn't allow shell gear to be equipped normally.

But if you want to outfit your nobles with worthless crap unique armor worthy of their unique status, it's a great way to do that.

Or if you want your military decked out in, like, electrum mail shirts or something. idk.
Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Equipping bone armor
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 06:13:36 pm »

+1 good find
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

timotheos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 06:23:10 pm »

Or use the fact bone is the only amour material that is White and set the colour of your helm/gauntlets/greaves as White.
I believe shell material is green.

On the other hand I will try this with leather shields, as I seem to be able to make them but not choose them as an option in the equipment list.

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 06:34:47 pm »

Or use the fact bone is the only amour material that is White and set the colour of your helm/gauntlets/greaves as White.
I believe shell material is green.

On the other hand I will try this with leather shields, as I seem to be able to make them but not choose them as an option in the equipment list.

Well, unless you have a bunch of aluminum and/or platinum lying around, and a whole crapton of armorsmith strange moods. Then you have a few more white pieces of gear. :P

But yeah. Leather bucklers probably would have been a better demonstration, as the color workaround doesn't work for those.
Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 04:43:10 am »

Gee Zulgar, how come the overseer lets you have THREE mugs?
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 06:05:54 am »

Innkeeper bug, where drinks served get carried around rather than being drunk.

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 12:23:25 pm »