Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team One: Pictsie Down.  (Read 27089 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Omega Legion Team One: Pictsie Down.
« on: December 28, 2015, 06:04:32 pm »

Original Thread

==Eye, Team 1==
>"Query:Does this magus have the potential to extinguish fires?  If so, it is advisable that you extinguish this fire, as to prevent civilian casualties."

>Query:Purpose of new recipe.
>Query:Inventory of useful items.

>Magus Sparkhas the potential to quell fires
>communication device. Potentially functional.
>Charcoal two(2) units. Water:impure – rain. Mud.

Team 1 -- Day'yajira, magic cat

I knew I should have posted and said I editted my post... First, inspect myself for markings from the Omega Legion.  Those bastards didn't defile my beautiful pelt, did they?!

After that, head upstairs.  Examine the severity of the fire; If it's raging out of control, stealthily slink outside and try to climb on top of some building which isn't on fire.  If the fire is relatively small, sit a distance away from it and use my magic to quell it.  Magic solves everything!

((Is there any limitation on magic?  Like, do I have a limited amount of mana, and every time I cast a spell I'm using some?  Or can I just continue to use magic for everything?

@spazy
You're... waiving to them?  Is that some sort of weird lawyer threat?  Are you threatening to annul their rights to a free life?))
You peek upstairs. The fire is now floor to ceiling, and spreading along the walls. It's quite hot. Time to flee. You head downstairs, gather your retinue of wasps, and head out into the rain. It iswet, downtrodden, and smells of wet garbage. There's a ramshackle small building across the way, and you easily climb the garbage heap and low wall nearby to perch on it's sloped roof. The wasps are buzzing about down below, trying to shelter under the eaves.

Team 1 Jack Spark

Jack stands smugly for a minute as the idiots finally get the hint, before dissipating his flame column....only to hear what appears to be shouts of fire coming from the building he just exited. "Typical. Just typical. Can these morons go ONE minute before almost causing us to fail the mission?!"

Quickly jog around until I find an actual entrance other than the window, and re-enter the building. Call all the flames into a ball and snuff them out.

((Edit:BTW can I actually tell the effect of the rune I have, or would I need to train in Rune Magic to do that?))
There's a door at the back of the building where you are, which is locked. The basement door is open though. Flames are starting to lick the sides of the window you left through, and smoke is billowing out of it. Still wanna go in there?

Team 1, Cho-ja.

Murder. The. Mook.

((The injury isnt serious unless theres life threatening blood loss, or if im in possession of one of their ogans.))
((goddamnit, i have forgotten to put my team in my original post on every action since the first turn. le sigh.))
(2) -sigh- He's had enough and is retreating through the doorway, just ahead of your snapping claws. He takes the occasional swipe at you with that cudgel, but he's more trying to escape than inflict harm. The crowd ahead of him will be an obstacle, but you now have another, pint-sized obstacle, clinging to your face and yelling at you.
((thanks for remembering :P  Those of you who have been doing this, it's been a big help to me.
Those who have forgotten, don't worry about it.))

==Team 1==
BBTBMSM Simmie

"Oi! Bugjob, STOP THAT! We cannae get free booze if ye kill them! I taek threats ta me booze verra seriosly!" If Cho-ja does not stop, Simmie will attempt to climb up him and headbutt his chitinous forehead, or, if too smooth to climb, kick a joint wherever it looks nice and painful, yelling "YE'RE DEAF OR WHA'?"

You leap up and grab a mandible, still dripping with venom. It stings a bit. You headbutt the thing right in it's chitinous forehead and start yelling. This can only end well.

Team One, Fiddler!

Right, so what's this place look like? Any place other than a burning inn to visit? What forms of shelter can be located?
It is dismal, dank, and filthy. There are rundown buildings all along the alley, huddled close to one another in a vain attempt to shield themselves from the horror that is Dibbleton. Or at lest this section of it. There are some buildings that look to have easy access, both for a smallish fellow such as yourself, and for the elements. You are reasonably sure you can find a dive tavern nearby, judging from the quantity of passed out drunks in the alleyway.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 02:16:32 pm by Ozarck »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team One: A frustrating lack of murder.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 06:28:06 pm »

Team One, Fiddler!

((Probably unnecessary now, true, but I'll put it up just in case.))

"Dismal," Fiddler says, shaking his head.

Perhaps a visit to a nicer part of Dibbleton is in order.

... are there any nicer parts of Dibbleton? Perhaps a guild hall for innkeepers?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 06:52:30 pm »

Fine. Climb through the window and suck up all the flames before the inn actually burns down.

Actually, idea. Can Jack pull all the flames through the window and snuff them? If so do that, otherwise bte the bullet and jog around the front looking for an actually open door to the ground level.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:54:08 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 06:54:03 pm »

>Assist in the above.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 07:12:25 pm »

Dar'yajira, magic cat

Quickly climb to the highest part of the roof, and look around in an effort to get the lay of the land.  City as far as the eye can see (in a rainstorm)?  Also, what time is it--day or night?

Don't spend too long there, though.  Climb back down and find shelter.  Shelter that isn't adjacent to the burning tavern, but is preferably within line of sight.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 07:37:25 pm »

==Team 1==
BBTBMSM Simmie

If Cho-ja calms down, say "Now, be a good larva and start pissin' on tha' fire, or fetch a bukkit or whatev'r, we 'avta put it out... All ye gawke's too, whatcha ye waitin' fer?" Try to help putting the fire out.
If he gets (more) violent, I guess Simmie will have a new yarn to spin - a rather incomprehensible one about an epic fight against a bigjob-sized roach, on a burning tavern, involving aggressive stairs, screaming innkeepers, mages, a large monotonic flying eyeball that shat fizzling flashie thingies, huge wasps and a talking cat... all that, and without even one drink to be had. Crivens!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 07:40:54 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 08:15:37 pm »

Team 1, Cho-Ja.

Egads, another attacker. Bite it quick.

Then go find the blind mook and impale it on my tail.
actually no, keep attacking the fleeing mook.
perhaps he will lead me out of the building.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 08:33:49 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 08:19:11 pm »

PTW
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 08:29:59 pm »

==Team 1==
BBTBMSM Simmie

If Cho-ja calms down, say "Now, be a good larva and start pissin' on tha' fire, or fetch a bukkit or whatev'r, we 'avta put it out... All ye gawke's too, whatcha ye waitin' fer?" Try to help putting the fire out.
If he gets (more) violent, I guess Simmie will have a new yarn to spin - a rather incomprehensible one about an epic fight against a bigjob-sized roach, on a burning tavern, involving aggressive stairs, screaming innkeepers, mages, a large monotonic flying eyeball that shat fizzling flashie thingies, huge wasps and a talking cat... all that, and without even one drink to be had. Crivens!

I'm going to borrow this, mkay?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 11:06:24 pm »

Team one - Wasps

RTB with the flowers
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 08:37:19 am »

Team One, Fiddler!

((Probably unnecessary now, true, but I'll put it up just in case.))

"Dismal," Fiddler says, shaking his head.

Perhaps a visit to a nicer part of Dibbleton is in order.

... are there any nicer parts of Dibbleton? Perhaps a guild hall for innkeepers?

((unnecessary indeed, but appreciated))

You can't think of where a guild hall might be, relative to your current location. A nasty thought tickles your mind: What if this is Omega's home port, and that was the guild hall? What if it doesn't get any better? How's a musician to steal make a buck in a dive like that? Well, I suppose wandering aimlessly couldn't get you into much worse places, could it?

Fine. Climb through the window and suck up all the flames before the inn actually burns down.

Actually, idea. Can Jack pull all the flames through the window and snuff them? If so do that, otherwise bte the bullet and jog around the front looking for an actually open door to the ground level.
You pull some of the flame out the window, and the roar inside lessens. But, this seems to encourage flames around the window, and sparks start to drift outward toward the ugly little buildings all around, so you stop doing that and run to the front, led by the Eye, who proceeds to hover over a small crowd of people all kinda crammed into a doorway with a faded sign over it. If the sign is anything to go by, the name of the inn is "the Smudged Smearspot." the Eye darts to another window, with shutters open wide, just to the side of the door.

>Assist in the above.
I'll go ahead and assume you want to help Jack find an entrance, rather than attempting to bring fire out of the window. You guide Jack to the front door, which is crowded, but spy another window, open and uncrowded, nearby. You draw jack's attention thataway.

Dar'yajira, magic cat

Quickly climb to the highest part of the roof, and look around in an effort to get the lay of the land.  City as far as the eye can see (in a rainstorm)?  Also, what time is it--day or night?

Don't spend too long there, though.  Climb back down and find shelter.  Shelter that isn't adjacent to the burning tavern, but is preferably within line of sight.

It's pretty much city all round, yes. Seems like the slummiest part of one, at that. Off in the direction opposite of the inn, you see what might be a rise in the ground level, the kind of rise that the classier types like to live on. It seems that the inn is not near a main thoroughfare either, but fronts up against one of those lesser, winding roads that accidentally arise when people build stuff around them, and other stuff burns down in them, and all that. There's a wide space toward the front of the inn, like humans like to gather in and trade metal for cloth and other silly nonsense. It's pretty dark, so you'd guess either late evening or early night, depending on how thick the clouds are. you hop down and run up the alley, in the direction the mage and the Eye went, coincidentally, and dart under a door stoop (that's like a porch, only smaller). it's fairly dry down there, unlike you.

==Team 1==
BBTBMSM Simmie

He ... well, he's not exactly more violent, but he does bite you. You begin spewing stuff about mystic cats, murder, and mayhem as the world fades from your vision.

Team 1, Cho-Ja.

Egads, another attacker. Bite it quick.

Then go find the blind mook and impale it on my tail.
actually no, keep attacking the fleeing mook.
perhaps he will lead me out of the building.

You bite the new attacker pretty hard. it goes limp between your pinchers. It seems unconscious, except that it is ranting on about bees, burning,  and beer. You also catch up to the mook and get a good grip on his nonclub arm. the other mook screams in agony in the background.

Team one - Wasps

RTB with the flowers
If this was an action, bold it please, and spell out what RTB means. I assume I know, but let's be certain. Also, if it is what I think it is, how are you going to do that?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 09:40:57 am »

Jack addresses the crowd: "Hey people, you have two choices: One, you can back the hell up and let me work, or two, you can get pretty crispy as I attempt to draw the flames out of the building, cause me to fail, and watch the inn burn down anyways. Your choice!"

Wait a minute until the crowd backs the hell up, and proceed on drawing ALL the flames out of the building, bundle it into a ball, then shoot it skyward and snuff it out in an explosion.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 09:46:00 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 10:30:12 am »

Is this a village? A town? A roadside ruin? Is it...

... wait, Dibbleton? Didn't Rando say we were supposed to go to Dobbiton? I mean, not that it's likely Dobbiton's any better, but still.

Investigate this.

And if this really is where we're supposed to be, then wouldn't the existence of an innkeepers' guild imply a plural number of inns or at least innkeepers? Find another inn. One at a respectable distance from the one that was set on fire.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 10:33:38 am by Harry Baldman »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2015, 10:42:04 am »

Cho-Ja

Keep hold of the snack sized assailant, dont bite any harder though.
Repeatedly assault at the captive mook with my free hand, or my tail if i have no free hand.

if i successfully maim him, take his cudgel and kick him into the dirt to bleed out then go help put out the fire somehow.
probably by spraying it with fire resistant mucus or something.

((finally a good combat roll and its against a PC, woe is me. :P))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2015, 10:46:37 am »

((I guess I should have waxed less poetic and stated actual descriptions of actions...))

==Team 1==
BBTBMSM Simmie

Whenever he wakes up, check if all legs and arms are still attached. If at least one of each is still working, pay back the pain with interest - force himself out of Cho-Ja's mandibles, climb up his head and pluck out his eyeballs/composite eyes, shouting. "YA BAMPOT BAS! ALL YE BALLS ARE BELONG TO ME!"

((Ozarck, you're welcome to it, but mind the end of your sig, there's some BB code left over))
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 11:13:58 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17