Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.  (Read 35783 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.
« on: December 28, 2015, 06:11:59 pm »

Original Thread

TEAM2 Ssslavina

((I'm pretty sure the snake equivalent of mouth watering is mouth watering, unless I'm missing something. It would seem that saliva is a trait shared between reptiles and the filthy warm bloods.))
Jussssst fucking eat the thing, I guesss.
You swallow the egg It sits as a lump in your belly. You feel a tad sleepy. You also feel mana leaking out of the egg, infusing you with power. Your eyesight sharpens, and you can sense the world around you in uncomfortable detail.

Team Two
Sirkie K.
((srry about forgetting that top part in my last 3~4 posts))

"Everyone got what they want? Good."

Sirkie turns to Aylia.
((I'm assuming I saw her go fly and scout as a raven. Or at least shapeshift back into whatever she is. Elf thingy.))
"You, what can you tell us about this place? Where should we go?"
You turn to Aylia. I didn't even roll for that.

=="Terrence", Team II==

Test my potential sea-abilities with a quick swim.
You wade in, up to your eyeballs, and kinda freak out a little. You do manage to splash about and stay floating, when you wave your tentacles a certain way. There's a lot of splashing and glubbing. And you nearly choke on pond water once.

-team 2 - Clunkers -

Pack up my alchemy stuff. Then go to the chemical spill. stand at a little distance and use my calculations and skill in alchemy to divine what the spill is and how it's dangerous.
You can see that it is corrosive, as it is slowly eating away at the nearby structures, leaving a thin film of blackened goop behind. It seems to be made of digestive enzymes, lizard embryonic material, and tar, mixed with limestone, fecal matter, and some unidentified organics. You are not sure if these last are part of the active compound, or byproducts. Aside from the obvious toxicity, there is something about the embryonic material that is troubling.

-Team 2, Ebony-
Follow the group, if we begin moving towards where we think the objective is.

((Also having issues.))
Follow the group towards the objective. Wait for the alchemical people to give the all clear before going too close.
You all make your way to the spill. Do I need to redescribe it? it's brownish and greeninsh, lumpy, smells horrible, and it bubbles slowly. A pigeon lands nearby, and promptly falls over, twitching.

Aylia, team 2
I shift back into raven form and return to watching the alchemist from upwind.
You observe. he seems to be having some difficulty wading back out - the suit is covered to the armpits in slime.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:23:30 am by Ozarck »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Team Two: Toxic Gross
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 06:23:25 pm »

Return to shore. Offer nearby people a look in my mirror.

CHUMS, GATHER ROUND! HAVE A LOOK IN THIS GLASS DISC I HAVE ACQUIRED.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 06:28:20 pm »

"Organics and other assorted teammates, this one has worked out what this sludge is. It is made up out of digestive enzymes, lizard embryonic material, and tar, mixed with limestone, fecal matter, and some unidentified organics. Both corrosive and toxic. This one feels it would be best of the organics of this team try not to breathe in any fumes."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 06:33:28 pm »

Reggie team 2
sure i wanna see!
Reggie looks into the glass disk
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 06:49:55 pm »

I keep my distance, making sure to stay upwind, and observe and wait for the alchemist to make his own way clear of the mess he put himself in. (the smaller an animal is, the more susceptable they are to poisons. same principal that's behind why big people can drink more... and I'm not big... at all.)
I hope the others remember to watch where I fly to track where the alchemist is going. I don't want to try to bring him in alone.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 07:02:11 pm »

((PTW while I think of an action.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 07:10:23 pm »

==Durmokh Dumrhysson==

Urgh, this stuff is disgusting. We're going to need a lot of soap.

If we have any soap, either on us or among the supplies, see how it reacts with the spill.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 08:28:08 pm »

"... Ssssee if thiss worksss..."
Try to focus the energy from the egg into making my ssscales resistant to acid and toxin. IF successsful to sssatisfactory degree, go looking for the alchemist. quickly.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 08:42:39 pm »

((PTW))
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team Two: Toxic Gross
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 09:10:49 am »

Reggie team 2
sure i wanna see!
Reggie looks into the glass disk
You two mill about at the shore, losing sight of the group as they head into town. Reggie peers into the glass circle, seeing one horrendous Octop-eye staring back at it.

I keep my distance, making sure to stay upwind, and observe and wait for the alchemist to make his own way clear of the mess he put himself in. (the smaller an animal is, the more susceptable they are to poisons. same principal that's behind why big people can drink more... and I'm not big... at all.)
I hope the others remember to watch where I fly to track where the alchemist is going. I don't want to try to bring him in alone.
He hasn't made much progress out of the goop. it looks like the goop is kinda moving or swirling or something, and he is wading against the pull. Several small mounds, no bigger than watermelons, rise out of the goop at various points. No telling if that means anything or not.

==Durmokh Dumrhysson==

Urgh, this stuff is disgusting. We're going to need a lot of soap.

If we have any soap, either on us or among the supplies, see how it reacts with the spill.
I've never rolled for soap before. (5) You had some in with your cheesemaking supplies. Someone must have thought you were a lyemaker or something. You get close enough to lob the thing into the goop - upwind, thankfully, though it is making you gag anyway. the soap drops into the goop, and instantly reacts. Suddenly, the goop around the soap begins to boil and foam, spraying upward in a violent geyser and splattering about everywhere. You, Ssslavina, Clunkers, and Sirkie are splattered with globs of the stuff. The initial explosion subsides, but the bubbling and foaming only seem to increase in volume. the color of the muck near the foam changes to a pinkish hue.

"... Ssssee if thiss worksss..."
Try to focus the energy from the egg into making my ssscales resistant to acid and toxin. IF successsful to sssatisfactory degree, go looking for the alchemist. quickly.
Your scales take on a bright blue sheen and feel quite resilient. You haven't long to find out ifit worked as advertised, though, as you are immediately splattered with goop from a big explodey geyser. thegoop slides right off and puddles at your feet belly. You can see the alchemist fro mwhere yo uare, waist deep in muck, pulling something behind him, clutching a staff or pole or something in front. Still wanna go in and get him?

((PTW while I think of an action.))
You watch the dwarf lob a small, yellow hand grenade into the midst of the goop, and then duck and cover instinctively When the goop explodes. Your wet clothing is covered in crud now, but you've avoided getting it on your hands or face. Might be in your hair though.

"Organics and other assorted teammates, this one has worked out what this sludge is. It is made up out of digestive enzymes, lizard embryonic material, and tar, mixed with limestone, fecal matter, and some unidentified organics. Both corrosive and toxic. This one feels it would be best of the organics of this team try not to breathe in any fumes."
Your advice, while wise, goes unheeded. On the positive side, you now have several physical samples of the goop on hand, and foot, and torso. You can feel a vague ... something from contact with it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 04:56:31 pm by Ozarck »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 10:21:22 am »

Oookay then. That probably wasn't a good idea. Now we know that soap won't work.

Clean the goop off of me and everyone else affected.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 01:03:12 pm »

=="Terrence", team II==

Take my disc back. Scuttle my way towards town, and see what's going on.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2015, 01:39:37 pm »

Save some of the goop for later in safe containers. Then check if the goop is actually corroding my outer "skin". If it is, clean it off. If it isn't, start wading into the goop towards the alchemist.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2015, 01:53:29 pm »

Ssslither on over to the alchemist and prepare to ask some questions.

((
Job two: Now this is a fun one indeed. this one is for the Council. An Alchemist in Seahaven requires a little clean up. Seems he lost control of a silo of ... whatever it is Alchemists keep in silos. Turned ugly. you'll be issued shovels and waders, a few carts, and more directions on site. Oh, and bring me the Alchemist. Alive please. We'll take any of you who isn't too afraid to get dirty.
So far we have been given no shovels, no waders, no carts, and no directions, or indeed any contact at all. What gives?
))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30