Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.  (Read 35945 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team Two: Toxic Gross
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 02:17:27 pm »

Fly on back to the shore and change back to my natural form. Pick up my portrait again, and walk over towards the others... but not so close to the goop. I want to stay out of splash / other nastiness range.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 04:20:52 pm »

((good question, Egan. Ask it IC or I will ignore it))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 04:32:03 pm »

Don't touch the goo with exposed skin.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 04:45:16 pm »

Reggie team 2
that was kinda cool.
Reggie joins the others
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 05:57:33 pm »

((Which raises the question of who to ask, given that no one here is in charge. Makes a guy miss having an immortal AI to run everything.))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 06:06:17 pm »

((Which raises the question of who to ask, given that no one here is in charge. Makes a guy miss having an immortal AI to run everything.))
((ask god?))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 06:08:59 pm »

((ask god?))
((What did I just do dummy? :P))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2015, 06:26:00 pm »

((Shout at the sky in character at god duh!))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2015, 05:49:10 pm »

Oookay then. That probably wasn't a good idea. Now we know that soap won't work.

Clean the goop off of me and everyone else affected.
You get the gobs of goop off you. Some of it is still clinging to your beard though. I mean, right now, you are just scraping the stuff off with your fingers and plopping it on the ground. Pink isn't really your color. You stalk menacingly toward the similarly splattered elf girl.

=="Terrence", team II==

Take my disc back. Scuttle my way towards town, and see what's going on.
ou scuttle along teh shore toward the docks. that is, toward a little wooden platform sticking precariously out into the lake. there'sa dingy tied to it, half in the water and half on shore. you can't tell if the thing will float on it's own. there is a nervous looking man nearby, cleaning and gutting a pair of unimpressive fish and staring your direction.

Save some of the goop for later in safe containers. Then check if the goop is actually corroding my outer "skin". If it is, clean it off. If it isn't, start wading into the goop towards the alchemist.
You collect samples of the goop off your skin. Much of it has turned pink and bubbly. Soem of it looks to have dissolved into an oily residue. You can't find a good sample of unmodified gunk on your person. there's still a big ol' puddle of it nearby though. You start heading toward the alchemist. When you step into the goop, the ground below your feet turns mushy, almost like wading on the lakebed again. the goop that comes in immediate contact with you bubbles and blackens, unlike the geyser nearby that is still foaming, frothing, and spewing chunks everywhere. the air is rapidly filling with sparkly little bubbles.

Ssslither on over to the alchemist and prepare to ask some questions.

((
Job two: Now this is a fun one indeed. this one is for the Council. An Alchemist in Seahaven requires a little clean up. Seems he lost control of a silo of ... whatever it is Alchemists keep in silos. Turned ugly. you'll be issued shovels and waders, a few carts, and more directions on site. Oh, and bring me the Alchemist. Alive please. We'll take any of you who isn't too afraid to get dirty.
So far we have been given no shovels, no waders, no carts, and no directions, or indeed any contact at all. What gives?
))
You slither right in, ignoring the drama around you. The bubbly stuff tickles, but the rest of hte goop just feels slippery and soft against your scales. You have no problem swimming right up to the alchemist, Who's eyes (which you can see, barely, under his veil) widen is shock and terror, and he stumbles backward from you, disappearing into the goop, with a splutter. Two of the lumps you saw before  start moving inward toward where he disappeared.

Fly on back to the shore and change back to my natural form. Pick up my portrait again, and walk over towards the others... but not so close to the goop. I want to stay out of splash / other nastiness range.
You grab your portrait and head into town again.a strange fizziness is added to the smell of the spill now.

Don't touch the goo with exposed skin.
It is a carving of Ebony the Elf and Durmokh Dumrhysson the Dwarf. Ebony the Elf is cowering. Durmokh Dumrhysson the Dwarf is menacing. the carving concerns the Claening of the Elf Ebony the Elf by Durmokh Dumrhysson the Dwarf during the great toxic spill in Seahaven, in the year Seven of Her Majesty, Eleanor of Granholm.

Reggie team 2
that was kinda cool.
Reggie joins the others
Reggie wanders into town and walks for a while. he emerges from a side alley to find a winding path into the woods, located a few hundred yards away from town. Maybe they went in there?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2015, 05:59:38 pm »

Reegie team 2
yes I'm coming guys!
Reggie without hesitation follows the trail looking for his dear friends and allies he will kindly greet all he comes across on this trail with kindness,acceptance and joy no matter their appearence or weaponry he will be disappointed if any say mean words.
((Reggie's going on an adventure!))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2015, 06:23:02 pm »

"Hey! HEY! Calm down over there! We are here to help!"
Go help him up before he's mauled by whatever those lumps are.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2015, 06:31:52 pm »

I look around at our group, and upon noticing the absence of the talkative Reggie I do a quick headcount, coming up two short.
"We seem to be splitting up and bathing in acid. I don't like either of those plans. I'll go find our missing companions and come back here. If nobody is here when I get back, I'll wait for you at the nearest inn in town."
I go back towards the shore (and away from smelling/breathing whatever this stuff is), looking for where our missing companions might have gone. While I travel I look for a good, safe spot to store my portrait in its protective tube. Someplace it won't be damaged or disturbed, including if the goo continues to expand. probably going to have to put it on someone's roof to keep it out of reach... how's the weather?

anyways, once I've put it somewhere relatively safe, at least for temporary storage, I'll shift to cat-form and attempt to track down our missing tentacle-monster and homunculus teammates.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2015, 10:47:15 pm »

=="Terrence" the Speckled Terrapode, Team II==

Terrence waves at the fisherperson, utilizing its sensory magic to (hopefully) disguise itself as a human.

PARDON ME, MY FELLOW SIR OR MADAM. I AM LOOKING FOR A CERTAIN ALCHEMIST. COULD- AND WOULD- YOU KINDLY DIRECT ME TO ITS LOCATION?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2015, 08:48:28 am »

Once again, check if the goop is hurting my outer layer. If it is, try to leg it out of there and clean it off. If it isn't and I'm fairly safe, make my way over to the where the alchemist fell so I can pull him out and drag him out of the goop.

Also grab some samples of unmodified goop if I can, for science.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2015, 06:03:09 pm »

Reegie team 2
yes I'm coming guys!
Reggie without hesitation follows the trail looking for his dear friends and allies he will kindly greet all he comes across on this trail with kindness,acceptance and joy no matter their appearence or weaponry he will be disappointed if any say mean words.
((Reggie's going on an adventure!))
Into the woods you go, clanking and yipping like an excited mechanipuppy.

"Hey! HEY! Calm down over there! We are here to help!"
Go help him up before he's mauled by whatever those lumps are.
You dive under and haul the man up, coiling tightly around him to hold him steady. He looks wild-eyed into your face for five seconds. then his body goes rather limp.

I look around at our group, and upon noticing the absence of the talkative Reggie I do a quick headcount, coming up two short.
"We seem to be splitting up and bathing in acid. I don't like either of those plans. I'll go find our missing companions and come back here. If nobody is here when I get back, I'll wait for you at the nearest inn in town."
I go back towards the shore (and away from smelling/breathing whatever this stuff is), looking for where our missing companions might have gone. While I travel I look for a good, safe spot to store my portrait in its protective tube. Someplace it won't be damaged or disturbed, including if the goo continues to expand. probably going to have to put it on someone's roof to keep it out of reach... how's the weather?

anyways, once I've put it somewhere relatively safe, at least for temporary storage, I'll shift to cat-form and attempt to track down our missing tentacle-monster and homunculus teammates.
Weather's overcast and slightly cold. It's early spring. The cottages all have sloped roofs and little chimney holes. There are thatch roofs and a few with tiles, so you cold stash it on a thatch roof without too much worry about it rolling off. there are a couple larger buildings too, with a few decorative parts on the roof that might work. there's a little shrine, like an enclosed gazebo, about ten feet in diameter, that has a small bell tower on top. looks like the bell is rung from inside the shrine, so it seems out of the way enough for your purposes. I'll say you put it up there. You are starting to feel shift fatigue. You can feel the strain as you change into cat form, but feel that you can maintain the form without issue. Terrance is right there, on the shore near a dirty old platform, standing with four of his tentacles straight down so he is as tall as he gets, and waving the other four around in pairs, as if each pair were attached. he is yelling at a fisherman or hobo or something. No sign of the noisy one.

=="Terrence" the Speckled Terrapode, Team II==

Terrence waves at the fisherperson, utilizing its sensory magic to (hopefully) disguise itself as a human.

PARDON ME, MY FELLOW SIR OR MADAM. I AM LOOKING FOR A CERTAIN ALCHEMIST. COULD- AND WOULD- YOU KINDLY DIRECT ME TO ITS LOCATION?

Okay, Octodad. You stand full height, making four of your rubbery appendages straighten and stiffen and stretching he other four out, tow to a side, to represent those upper appendages humans are all on about all the time. The guy stares at you, speechless, as you cast your charm over him. he gets a really bizarre look on his face when you do this. When you start shouting at him, the man starts feeling around nearby, and flings his bucket of fish guts at you, while backing away, gibbering.

Once again, check if the goop is hurting my outer layer. If it is, try to leg it out of there and clean it off. If it isn't and I'm fairly safe, make my way over to the where the alchemist fell so I can pull him out and drag him out of the goop.

Also grab some samples of unmodified goop if I can, for science.

it doesn't seem to be harming you, but it is getting difficult to wipe away to visually inspect now. it's like it is starting to congeal on your surface. You are closer to the alchemist than to the shore, so you wade in and help Ssslavina hold the man up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30