Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minecraft Infinity testing  (Read 1613 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Minecraft Infinity testing
« on: January 02, 2016, 05:55:06 am »

Hello everyone!

Can someone with FTB Infinity try to connect to my server (which is in Korea) at www.screamingpotato.com:60001 and see if it's playable from wherever you are? It would also be helpful to note the ping, too.

Infinity takes forever to spool up, of course, so I imagine it'd be too much of a hassle for many people D:

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft Infinity testing
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 06:06:35 am »

I've got a beastly computer, shouldn't take long to load for me.  Where's a good download link for this version?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 06:12:18 am »

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 06:18:22 am »

Think I have this pack installed. I'll let you know sometime in february when it loads.

Playable from scotland, about half a second lag on item pickup. Ping is .. your server is unpingable and I cant remember how to get ping within the game. Connection showed two bar strength, anyway.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 06:25:08 am by andrewas »

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 06:29:56 am »

Yeah FTB reminds me of the good old days when I had a ZX Spectrum. All games would take an age to load. And you would not dare cough or touch the computer while it was loading incase it crashed.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 06:44:39 am »

Think I have this pack installed. I'll let you know sometime in february when it loads.

Playable from scotland, about half a second lag on item pickup. Ping is .. your server is unpingable and I cant remember how to get ping within the game. Connection showed two bar strength, anyway.

In the connection menu, you can hover over the 2 bars to get ms ping I think.

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 06:53:31 am »

324ms according to the server browser, sounds about right with the block drop delay I experienced.