Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: List of Notable Mods  (Read 15359 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: List of Notable Mods
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2015, 11:33:22 am »

That sounds about right actually. I included merely for historical purposes, it's another mod on the long list of those on the decline in the M&B community (last time I checked). The amount of teamwork found between players in the survival mode when it first came out though was incredibly fun. Pikewalls, firing lines, and organized skirmishing was pretty commonplace at a time.
Yeah, good times...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2015, 02:05:29 pm »

Morrowind

Here's a list I found that looks decent: http://www.gog.com/forum/elder_scrolls_series/reccommended_mods
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 03:06:55 pm »

I've lost so much faith in even popular mods (especially popular ones)

Maybe some of these will make me believe again.

In my experience, most major mods tend to be incomplete. Teams just peter out after years of development as interest wanes and members have their focus shift over time (generally toward their personal life), particularly for the large and ambitious releases. Even ones that survive to see a "final" release may have bugs or quirks that aren't addressed in patches.

And anyway, you're Neonivek. It's well known your proclivities don't match popular opinion.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2016, 09:35:52 am »

Rome: Total War
Spoiler: Europa Barbarorum (click to show/hide)

Medieval 2: Total War
Spoiler: Europa Barbarorum 2 (click to show/hide)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2016, 12:47:08 pm »

And anyway, you're Neonivek. It's well known your proclivities don't match popular opinion.

Ok, I admit... as soon as I saw "You're Neonivek" I was expecting something like "You hate everything and are a loser" :P So thank you for not going there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 01:23:11 pm by Neonivek »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2016, 01:00:29 pm »

Ehh... I guess you're spot on with my modlist, since the portion on DF is self explanatory; the X3:AP section is full of total conversions with opposing directions of concept, the latter one trying to add more of everything and the former trying to streamline it, while making it very difficult...
And the last one simply adds more of everything.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2016, 01:10:31 pm »

Not quite what I meant :P

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2016, 03:16:55 pm »

Star Trek Armada mod for Sins seems interesting, but doesn't work with GoG version of the game. Just a heads up. GoG version is newer than Steam version. I guess the mod will get updated after Steam gets updated.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2016, 05:21:13 pm »

Star Trek Armada mod for Sins seems interesting, but doesn't work with GoG version of the game. Just a heads up. GoG version is newer than Steam version. I guess the mod will get updated after Steam gets updated.
They said exactly that, they were waiting for the final version of the beta patch to ensure they wont have surprise and be forced to make another update shortly after one.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2016, 05:33:15 pm »

Ptw. Have huge list of interesting mods for everything but need to check at home and remember the thread.

Kudos for UT: infiltration mod

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2016, 07:10:28 pm »

Mount and Blade (original)
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2016, 08:14:19 pm »

HoMM IV: Equilibris

Fixes some things, makes other things more broken. Yes, somehow Necromancy became even more broken. You can raise vampires, and just vampires if you want, now. Still, worth a look-in, because it does make the game cooler. One of the many forgotten step-children of the series, but a pretty good one compared to many later versions. Even better with Equilibris.

http://equilibris.celestialheavens.com/eng/news.html
It's a game. Have fun.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2016, 09:22:18 pm »

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
Spoiler: E.Y.E. Text Revamp Mod (click to show/hide)
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2016, 12:50:16 am »

http://www.moddb.com/games/the-protectors, The Protectors a standalone game of Warlords Battlecry 3

Its pretty much if WB3 came out with a huge giant expansion, but not quite WB4

You don't need WB3 to play it, and has all the features of it and more. You'll have to see the mod page to get a better detail of it, but if you know what warlords battlecry is...its pretty much that but greatly expanded on, almost like its Warlords battlecry 4.

I'm waiting for next patch to come out, but the team (think its only 2 or 3 people) have done a great work on it. Not many bugs, though a barbarian unit causes the game to crash on death in current version (its fixed in next update), but its...well ...balance wise its warlords battlecry :P WB is not a series that thinks of balance :P But if you don't care about balance and want a TON of fun, its a great mod/game :)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 [2] 3