Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Dawn inthe Twilight-Twilight:2000 v2.2 OOC  (Read 17322 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Dawn inthe Twilight-Twilight:2000 v2.2 OOC
« on: December 30, 2015, 03:51:47 pm »

IC Thread
Quote from: Pre-made briefing, which will be expanded on.
In the spring of the year 2000, the German 3rd Army launched its final offensive against Poland. It was postponed due to late rains—the soldiers were delayed in getting their fields planted.
 The objective of the offensive was to clear the Baltic coast of Polish and Soviet forces, thus gaining control of the plentiful Baltic fishing resources and the Vistula River barge traffic.
 When the offensive finally got under way it was spearheaded by the U.S. 11th Corps because the U.S. troops were less tied to their cantonments than were the Germans. You are members of the United States 5th Infantry Division (Mechanized), one of the component units of the 11th Corps. The initial drives were successful, with two U.S. divisions breaking loose and conducting deep-penetration raids into the enemy rear area.
 While the 8th Division (Mechanized) headed for the port of Kaliningrad and a linkup with the Free Latvian Army, the 5th Division (Mechanized) headed southeast toward Lodz. Then everything started to come apart.
 The last battle-worthy remnants of the Polish Army counterattacked, and battered themselves to pieces against the forward German and U.S. divisions. When the dust had settled, the last heavy equipment of 11th Corps' main body was burning junk. The remnants of four Soviet armies went on the offensive against the cantonments of the 3rd German Army, and German troops began drifting westward to bolster the defense of their homes.
 Finally, two additional Soviet armies, the 4th Guards Tank and 22nd Cavalry, rolled across the Polish frontier from Byelorussia and hit the U.S. 5th Division. With a combined strength of 21,000 men and almost 100 modern tanks, the two Soviet armies plowed 5th Division under near the Polish city of Kalisz, 200 kilometers southwest of the ruins of Warsaw.
 As division headquarters was being overrun, the CO's last radio message to you was, 'You're on yourown. Good luck."
 Small, scattered bands of men were all that escaped that final night of fire and death. There followed several weeks of furtive flight, as you travelled by night and hid by day, making your way through a countryside seemingly swarming with enemy patrols. The air waves were at first full of radio messages as isolated groups attempted to link up. Soon most radio broadcasts were frantic calls for help from units surrounded and being overrun. Eventually the radios grew silent except for enemy traffic.
 But now you have gone several days without seeing a hostile patrol and appear to be well clear of the enemy area of operations. There do not appear to be any friendly groups anywhere nearyou, though, and you have not had time to carefully explore the surrounding countryside. You have made camp in a small clearing in a wooded area well away from the main roads. Your vehicles are well camouflaged, and you've all gotten your first good night's sleep in several days. As the sun comes up, you face the decision as to your next course of action.

Rulebook.

So, lets get this show on the road. But first, a few notes:
 -This game is probally going to be a bit slow.
 -There will be atleast one GMPC, inorder to ensure that you guys get some sort of vehicle.
 -I will be using some data from another website, which to be specific, is this one.

Other than that, read the rulebook. Its better at explaining things than I will be.

Surviving Personel and Equipment of the 5th Infantry Division(mechanized) of the 2nd Brigade of the so-on and so-forth

Spoiler: Private Arron(GMPC#1) (click to show/hide)
-Non US army personel-

Spoiler: GAZ-3937 Vodnik (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: HMMWV M-1097A2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unimog Truck (click to show/hide)
One cargo trailer
One tank trailer

Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ammo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mines and Explosives (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tools (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Food and Fuel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Med Supplies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Supplies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Gear (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 02:42:50 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: -insert punny name here- Twilight:2000 v2.2 OOC
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 10:08:34 pm »

Posting to keep tabs on OOC.
Max avatar size is 80x80

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 10:38:37 pm »

IUSEDTHEWRONGEDITIONOFTHERULESSHIIIIIT
SHEETCOMINGSOON
We can roll for ourselves, right?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 10:53:11 pm »

Yep.

Also, lets see if I can draw up one that is not a 40+ year-old Italian-speaking officer of high rank...

Its really a shame that there are no rules for choosing when to stop character creation, and the limitations of languages...

-edit-

Oh, yiddish this time.

OP is edited to include larger briefing, char list, and an example char who is almost, but not quite, done. I need to finish working out the smallarms skill.

-edit after finding that snippit of rules-

For example, a character receives a Small Arms skill level of 3 and decides he will specialize in pistols. His skill level with pistols is 3, while his skill level with rifles is 11/2, rounded down to 1.
 Sometimes it is possible to receive a skill in a cascade other than the one the character has already chosen as his specialty. For example, consider the character above with Small Arms: 3, specializing in Pistols. If he then goes through army basic training he will receive
Rifle skill. The Rifle skill received adds to his Rifle skill only, not his overall Small Aims skill, thus giving him Small Arms (Pistol): 3 and Small Arms (Rifle): 2 (1 1/2+1 - 2 1/2, rounded down).
 However, if this extra skill would cause his Rifle skill to exceed his overall Small Arms skill, then his overall skill will go up, and Rifle will become his new specialty
Anyone else understand this? Because I dont. So untill I get told otherwise, Im gonna say that the two are separate, and when you level up in small arms you choose which one to dump points in and the other one remains the same. You still add the half the specialty to the other form though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 01:01:01 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 02:52:01 am »

You are the GM, so you can house rule it, if you want.

Doretta Hicks, American.
Native Languages: English, Spanish

Spoiler: Experience: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other stuff: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment: (click to show/hide)

I'll clean this up tomorrow.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 03:30:43 am »

Yer missing yer war term, with its automatic promotion, double skill gain, and so on.
Highly Opinionated Fool

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 04:46:02 pm »

Everything look good?
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: How he came to be (click to show/hide)
I still have to finish equipment.
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

EDIT 1: Added basic kit and tripod. $14,800 left to spend. 68.49kg total and 17.49kg carried in pack.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 10:10:14 pm by StrawBarrel »
Max avatar size is 80x80

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 05:00:42 pm »

Did you roll the stats or point buy them?
Highly Opinionated Fool

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 07:14:25 pm »

I rolled the stats STR 10, AGL 1, CON 4, INT 1, EDU 4, and CHR 3, which is 23 stat points. Then I manually added 7 more points to get the average 30. By the end of character creation I got 31 points in total.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2015, 08:10:10 pm »

Looks fine to me.
Highly Opinionated Fool

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 08:27:43 pm »

Private Aaron's unarmed combat damage should be (5*6)/10= 3 because (STR*Unarmed Martial Arts)/10 (pg27).
Max avatar size is 80x80

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2015, 09:54:45 pm »

Thanks for catching that. I appear to have read it as (STR*Unarmed Martial Arts)+10...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2016, 05:16:13 pm »

OP updated with your two PCs. As it currently stands, there is one dice for vehicles.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Officers AWOL-Twilight:2000 v2.2 OOC
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 03:10:42 pm »

So, you guys want to wait for someone to join with an officer, or shall we just start now?
Highly Opinionated Fool

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 03:48:30 pm »

Sorry I haven't been more active in this thread!
Yer missing yer war term, with its automatic promotion, double skill gain, and so on.
Can you walk me through this? I thought that was just part of my last term; that's how I did it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13