Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win  (Read 38181 times)

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win
« Reply #390 on: February 10, 2016, 10:45:51 pm »

Ayyy! Nice job, guys! I am avenged!
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 10, 2016, 10:48:11 pm »

If anybody is wondering why I killed who I killed (both at night and at day) it was to get rid of the people needing replacements. Because if there's one thing I learned about running mafia games is that replacements suck.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 10, 2016, 10:54:10 pm »

If anybody is wondering why I killed who I killed (both at night and at day) it was to get rid of the people needing replacements. Because if there's one thing I learned about running mafia games is that replacements suck.

All the n00bs were either replaced or killed anyways. Bit of a naff one.

Fillipk was playing bad though :P seriously considering moving my vote toward the end. OSG though... Good game. You have this knack of making me feel that you're scum and almost talk your way out of it.

Too bad we lost heydude D1, he was active and at least trying, would've done him good to play after that. Town got rather lucky I think.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 11, 2016, 01:08:25 am »

I realize that, and I guess I can say I'll work on it, can't go back and replay this game.

I honestly had no idea I just didn't want to give OSG an easy way to tie the vote since I was torn between him and Deus.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 11, 2016, 04:13:58 pm »

I guess I should give some final thoughts. Oscar played well I think. fillipk, you need to engage more with other players. You kind of hung back for a lot of the game and didn't take any risks, which made you look kinda bad. TMS, being wrong about someone being scum isn't a scumtell, regardless of whether it's lynching town or not lynching scum. If they're on or off a wagon because of bad arguments, that's a scumtell. People agreeing with you doesn't make them town.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 11, 2016, 08:30:00 pm »

Well, I should give my thoughts.

Mafia is a hard game that demands a lot of investment from you. It can also be quite stressful. Now that school is picking up it will probably be a while before I play another game. I need a break.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 11, 2016, 08:42:13 pm »

Well, I should give my thoughts.

Mafia is a hard game that demands a lot of investment from you. It can also be quite stressful. Now that school is picking up it will probably be a while before I play another game. I need a break.

You were applying yourself, just some of what you were voting people for wasn't the greatest reasoning. Experience will get you past that, I did similar things in my first game.

Hopefully you're not out of it for too long!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]