Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: Big Top Mafia Game over town and jester victory  (Read 44867 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Big Top Mafia (9/9) Act-1 Well we need a new finale
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2016, 03:02:33 pm »

ATH
If I've understood you correctly, you agree with Hector's suggestion that I might be trying to avoid being on a town bandwagon? That's the sort of thing that can only be argued after someone flips. I can't know for sure right now whether anyone I wagon or don't wagon will flip town. If that's not what you're saying, then please explain again.

I'm voting you right now because you've been unable to come up with a case on anyone yet and yet you still want the day to end. Moonlight is currently on track to being lynched, would you be okay with that happening?

Hector
Right now I don't like ATH's play that much (inability to form a case is not a strong town trait). I want to get a better feel for whether they're just a less confident scum hunter or whether they genuinely cannot form suspicions. I'll take another look at BHK.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2016, 03:09:59 pm »

NQT

Hector, I'll talk about people's reactions when we've had a few more reactions. I'm not getting the strongest scum vibe form Moon, no. In fact I'm fairly confident that Moon isn't scum. I'd rather see someone else lynched and I'm going to put in the work to make that happen.

I'm glad you can see sense. I've always found it bothersome when people jump on the first player to act a little scummy...

Presumably ATH is your present top scumpick?

What do you think of BKH so far? I've found his posts to be a little empty, as though he's just coasting along making comments, rather than getting involved... particularly during O. Wilde's questioning of you clearing yourself and leading town.

ATH

Becuase he says if you'd likr to help me with this feel free that just feels like scum he sounds like it it's nonchalant and it makes it look like he wants to kill someone for the sake of killing someone.

Well you did help him with trying to shorten the day too so... what does that say about you? You're not voting Moonlit but he'd be the one getting lynched in that instance. Why do you want to see him dead?
Too be entirely honest TMS being bandwagoned right now i figure it will dissolve quickky becuase it has little rhyme or reason so i believe that it simply isent gonna happen and he won't be lynched.
ATH
If I've understood you correctly, you agree with Hector's suggestion that I might be trying to avoid being on a town bandwagon? That's the sort of thing that can only be argued after someone flips. I can't know for sure right now whether anyone I wagon or don't wagon will flip town. If that's not what you're saying, then please explain again.

I'm voting you right now because you've been unable to come up with a case on anyone yet and yet you still want the day to end. Moonlight is currently on track to being lynched, would you be okay with that happening?

Hector
Right now I don't like ATH's play that much (inability to form a case is not a strong town trait). I want to get a better feel for whether they're just a less confident scum hunter or whether they genuinely cannot form suspicions. I'll take another look at BHK.
I'd say I'm not a confident scum hunter becuase i have made mistaked in the past and am trying to try and solidify feelings and suspicions before i attempt to vote and no unless a more compelling argument is presented i dont want hin to be lynched and i voted to shorten becuase things were stagnating and it appears me doing that has increased activity?
So the shorten is no longer needed.
Cancel shorten vote.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2016, 04:06:48 pm »

Quickpost before I board the ferry/lose Wifi:

Moonlit is probably town.  The lack of filtering of or carefulness about his posting, which I noted when I unvoted, is unlike how I would expect scum (generally cautious) to behave.  (For Wilde: His semi-royal 'we', semi-'we'-as-town that he keeps on using can be seen in his town play, too.)
Wilde, TDS, Deus: You obviously disagree with my assessment.  Why?

I don't think ATH is lynchworthy for his behaviour so far, based on his meta.  The scummy behaviour he's under attack for is, as far as I can tell, exactly the behaviour that got him lynched D1 as town in Communism Simulator Mafia.  No suspicions, little actual contribution, difficulty figuring out how to play.  He's a classic variety of inexperienced player: nervous and unsure of what to do/how to get suspects, especially D1.  His other game, BM LVII, he had an easier time suspecting someone because roo happened, I think.

I'll figure out my own vote sometime after I get home, but please take these arguments into account.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2016, 04:25:03 pm »

Unvote.

I need to read, I'll be back soon with a real post.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2016, 04:56:53 pm »

The long awaited answer to your question, NQT.

I think my first vote was on Hector. Mainly RVS, but then backed up by some semi-suspicious behavior. Now it's kinda gone, except that he cares too much about me. Now that type of stuff is less scummy to me (and more scummy to you, as you'd probably think that we're the scum team), unless he's trying to frame me. But that's really not as useful when we'd be better off lynching him.

TDS, you've been kinda absent and people are talking about you. You're also in line to be lynched (second or first tie with me, which I can easily even up by voting you). Anything to say?

Moonlit

Why would I be trying to frame you? You were doing a pretty good job of being scummy on your own, you needed no help from me.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2016, 05:09:30 pm »

Jack, duly noted about ATH's newcomer meta.

Deus Asmoth, thanks for replacing in. When reading through your posts in the Song game, I was impressed by how astute you were on Day 1. I'm voting you as a sort of encouragement to do a bit more because I haven't seen anywhere near enough to know whether I'm dealing with Town-Deus yet. Do you think Moonlight made a genuine scum slip with their 'one of us' comment?

Interestingly, there's a bit of a corroboration with the flavour after Moonlight posted:

"I bought us a bit of time with promises of free popcorn, its coming out of your guy's paychecks, so are we any closer to finding the killer, oh and when did that guy get here, oh one of the performers ran away and this guy filled in great, nice to meet you, there's a killer and it might have been you, figure it out."

It mentions 'killer' rather than 'killers'. Do you think there'd be a 9 player set-up with a one-man scum team? It seems unlikely to me.

Moonlit
I think my first vote was on Hector. Mainly RVS, but then backed up by some semi-suspicious behavior. Now it's kinda gone, except that he cares too much about me. Now that type of stuff is less scummy to me (and more scummy to you, as you'd probably think that we're the scum team), unless he's trying to frame me. But that's really not as useful when we'd be better off lynching him.
It's understandable he's care about you: you're the vote leader right now. I don't think you're on the same team, I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here.

Hector, are you sure your current vote isn't an OMGUS?

Abstract
Too be entirely honest TMS being bandwagoned right now i figure it will dissolve quickky becuase it has little rhyme or reason so i believe that it simply isent gonna happen and he won't be lynched.
But somebody has to be lynched today. If it's not Moonlight, then who will you be okay with being lynched?

I'd say I'm not a confident scum hunter becuase i have made mistaked in the past and am trying to try and solidify feelings and suspicions before i attempt to vote and no unless a more compelling argument is presented i dont want hin to be lynched and i voted to shorten becuase things were stagnating and it appears me doing that has increased activity?
OK, that's all understandable enough. Would you like everyone else to vote for me as well?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2016, 05:15:45 pm »

NQT I Disagree becuase if we don't lynch a scum day 1 and lynch a townie we lose two town and have less time to figure out who the mafia is and asking who I'd be okay with lynching it sounds like your trying to find a way to lay off you and go after someone else so you i am most suspicious about and no i just want to figure out whether your scum and if i reach that conclusion i hope to listen to other's and either confirm that others  feel are scum and lynch you or we all agree that for now you are innocent.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2016, 05:21:15 pm »

Everyone mind explaining whether you think TMS is actually scum or are you just pressure voting him?
I don't necessarily think he's scum, but at the time I was voting him I thought he was the scummiest player playing. I'm not sure about that now.

Yes i do it just sounds like you don't care it soumds scummy if you would lije to explain yourself I'd be happy to listen.
So, do you think it's more important to not sound scummy than it is to scumhunt?

Why would I be trying to frame you? You were doing a pretty good job of being scummy on your own, you needed no help from me.
Now, why the sudden 180? A page ago you were saying how much of his jitteryness could have been newbishness. Now, I agree with you on the framing comment. Although, I find it likely that he's just paranoid. Has your view really shifted enough to lynch him in the last page? Or do you just not care who you lynch, as long as it's not your partner?

Wilde, TDS, Deus: You obviously disagree with my assessment.  Why?
I was mainly pressure voting, I don't think he's lynch worth as of now.

I think my first vote was on Hector.
Yep.

Mainly RVS,
Entirely RVS. You were the first to post.

Now it's kinda gone, except that he cares too much about me. Now that type of stuff is less scummy to me (and more scummy to you, as you'd probably think that we're the scum team), unless he's trying to frame me. But that's really not as useful when we'd be better off lynching him.
The more you tell me what I probably think, and point out your own scumminess, the more I think you're attempting to hide something by bringing it forward yourself rather than let someone else bring it up.

NQT I Disagree becuase if we don't lynch a scum day 1 and lynch a townie we lose two town and have less time to figure out who the mafia is and asking who I'd be okay with lynching it sounds like your trying to find a way to lay off you and go after someone else so you i am most suspicious about and no i just want to figure out whether your scum and if i reach that conclusion i hope to listen to other's and either confirm that others  feel are scum and lynch you or we all agree that for now you are innocent.
Are you saying you want to not lynch day 1?
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2016, 05:28:50 pm »

O.Wilde@
Yes unless we can all agree that we believe that the person we are lynching is scum becuase if we lynch a townie were gonna lose two townies by day 2 most likely and as such the mafia becuase we don't know their exact number they would be closer to victory and we would have less days overall to scumhunt.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2016, 05:37:54 pm »

O.Wilde@
Yes unless we can all agree that we believe that the person we are lynching is scum becuase if we lynch a townie were gonna lose two townies by day 2 most likely and as such the mafia becuase we don't know their exact number they would be closer to victory and we would have less days overall to scumhunt.
We're never going to all agree that someone is scum. Ever. That's just how mafia works.

Now, why the sudden 180? A page ago you were saying how much of his jitteryness could have been newbishness. Now, I agree with you on the framing comment. Although, I find it likely that he's just paranoid. Has your view really shifted enough to lynch him in the last page? Or do you just not care who you lynch, as long as it's not your partner?
I found something else to add to this.
Moonlit is, at this point, the easy lynch.
Is that why you're voting him?
His question(s) to Moonlit when he voted also struck me as leading Moonlit to incriminate himself further. Doesn't seem to spring from town motivated play.
So now you think moonlit is scum, do you still think TDS is? Also this is such hypocritical crap.
Well you did help him with trying to shorten the day too so... what does that say about you? You're not voting Moonlit but he'd be the one getting lynched in that instance. Why do you want to see him dead?
Is this not leading someone to incriminate themselves further? Is this ENTIRE GAME not based on getting people to incriminate themselves? This reasoning sucks.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2016, 05:43:43 pm »

When i say all i mean a majority because your unlikely to convince  another mafia member to lynch his/her partner or one of them if there's more then one so basically if enough people agree that he/she is scum and you are sure of their scuminess you lynch them.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2016, 06:27:00 pm »

Hector, are you sure your current vote isn't an OMGUS?

Hmm... perhaps. Unvote but have an FoS Moonlit.

He hasn't had any inclination to scumread me before, I'm not sure why he's starting now, or how he hopes to convince y'all that I'm scum, especially since quite a lot of you were scumreading him in the first place.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2016, 07:26:22 pm »

Well i don't understand why a day 1 no lynch is bad so if soneone would explain that i would appreciate it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2016, 07:33:41 pm »

Now Moonlit seems to be bandwagoning :-\ this is... bothersome. Votes for two people who already have wagons brewing...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2016, 07:57:25 pm »

I would also hardly consider a single question asked a few hours ago, during which time he hasn't actually been online, a conversation. One sided or otherwise.

Why are you trying to push him as a lynch? It seems awfully convenient.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30