Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30

Author Topic: Big Top Mafia Game over town and jester victory  (Read 44809 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Big Top Mafia (7/9) Day 2 There Go My Duo Acts
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2016, 05:07:51 am »

Okay listen up people. I'm almost certainly going to die tonight, so I'll tell you what I know. I'm the other trapeze artist, last night I watched Jack's trailer and I saw no one visit it. Jack was definitely killed in his trailer, so no pgo. This means the killer has some kind of untrackable nature.

We need to lynch someone, Deus has been coasting all game. Check his posts or lack thereof.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2016, 07:36:41 am »

Yeah the exact same package. Hopefully no BPs but I wouldn't be surprised if they got one revive: one man scum teams usually have something to stop them being taken out on the first cycle.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 05, 2016, 09:42:24 am »

Sorry people, I unexpectedly lost internet connection. I should have a proper post up in a few hours.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 05, 2016, 02:02:33 pm »

TMS
Yay! I got an actual claim out of him! The last one could've easily been sidestepped with 'I have a role, but I don't think everyone has a role.'

...Now what? Do we kill him or something?
This is so so bizarre. He claimed vanilla town, so you want to kill him?

Oscar:
He's implying that you're Anti-Town, right after you voted him. Maybe it's not a voting OMGUS, but it's an OMGUS nonetheless.
Do you think that TMS's reason for voting for ATH was reasonable in any way whatsoever? If not, is ATH supposed to avoid being suspicious of him just because TMS voted for him first?

Deus Asmoth, you're immune to Jack's watcher ability, right?
Wrong. Since you've been suspicious of me for a while now, why did you decide to vote for TMS with me rather than doing anything to support your own case on me?

Everyone else: NQT is scum. Changing his vote at the end of the day, not presenting any actual evidence for his cases and notably his claim that his role is essentially useless in actually finding scum are just strange. I'm guessing that TMS is allied with him in some way from the interaction between them.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 05, 2016, 02:21:14 pm »

Deus, how do you explain the fact that I have the same role as Jack? nobody has counterclaimed me.

Changing my mind late in the day is not a scum trait. How is it any way town to keep a useless vote on someone that has no chance of being lynched at day's end? The choice was between Hector and Moon and I didn't think Hector was scum... and I was right!

Your case is also self defeating: why would I vote Moon at day's end if I was in league with them.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 05, 2016, 02:52:24 pm »

Because voting for someone that has little to no chance of being lynched is a good way of distancing yourself from them when one of you does wind up dead. This isn't exactly ground breaking theory. And you having the same role in the circus as Jack doesn't guarantee that you have the same powers or the same alignment.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2016, 03:49:44 pm »

Fillipk, are roles tied to alignments or are they a seperate concept?

TMS
Yay! I got an actual claim out of him! The last one could've easily been sidestepped with 'I have a role, but I don't think everyone has a role.'

...Now what? Do we kill him or something?
This is so so bizarre. He claimed vanilla town, so you want to kill him?

Oscar:
He's implying that you're Anti-Town, right after you voted him. Maybe it's not a voting OMGUS, but it's an OMGUS nonetheless.
Do you think that TMS's reason for voting for ATH was reasonable in any way whatsoever? If not, is ATH supposed to avoid being suspicious of him just because TMS voted for him first?
I think they're reasonable, if poorly planned. I think his reasoning is suspicion of having only a single VT in the game. I share that suspicion. VT makes a good claim for the mafia since they don't have to demonstrate, or fabricate, any type of power to go along with their role.

However, this lies on the assumption that roles are specific to alignments, which is why I asked my question.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 05, 2016, 04:15:34 pm »

That's what you think It seems logical but meta wise I'm probably unlikely to be scum and I don't think I've showed much scummy behavior but yes I find NQT to be a likely candidate for scum because overall he has shown to at least look scummy quite  often the only reason I layed off him yesterday being hector I believe?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 05, 2016, 04:19:26 pm »

Please explain how you're meta unlikely to be scum.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 05, 2016, 04:23:31 pm »

Well I haven't been scum yet and I'm acting how I normally do because there has not been a huge change in behavior it is more likely meta wise that I am not scum.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 05, 2016, 04:36:54 pm »

Fillipk, are roles tied to alignments or are they a seperate concept?

From my understanding of the question, yes the roles alignment specific, but could you elaborate
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 05, 2016, 04:54:55 pm »

Hmm, how do I word this.

Is there a specific role of the 9 mentioned in the OP that is the 'Mafia' role?

A more simple way of putting it would just be to ask, if NQT is telling the truth about recieving the same role as Jack, a townie, can we be sure that NQT is also a townie?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 05, 2016, 05:08:21 pm »

Oh yes, each role mentioned in the op has a specific alignment, I can't confirm if NQT is telling the truth though.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 05, 2016, 05:10:41 pm »

Of course. Thanks!

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 05, 2016, 05:13:42 pm »

So, that means NQT is definitely town unless someone CCs him. A massclaim might be a good option at this point. Depending on the number of third parties, we'll probably end up with 1 or more discrepancies, caused either by the other clown or by scum trying to hide in the safety of an 'innocent' sounding role.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30