Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30

Author Topic: Big Top Mafia Game over town and jester victory  (Read 43906 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Big Top Mafia (7/9) Day 2 There Go My Duo Acts
« Reply #300 on: February 06, 2016, 03:42:57 pm »

fillipk, do we know what actually killed the human cannon ball and Jack?
They were killed in their trailer, cause of death is pointy things.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 09:17:59 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 06, 2016, 09:10:10 pm »

fillipk, do we know what actually killed the human cannon ball and Jack?

I want to theorycraft for a second. I'm fairly sure that TMS is full of shit right now, but he's also unlikely to be scum unless hector's role was designed specifically to throw us off the scent if he got lynched (the part about dying the day after Bingo- there wouldn't be another day if Bingo were scum unless there's another anti town player). So, of the people that are left who can get past a trapeze artist?
-A magician? Yeah, this would seem most likely to me in a vacuum as well, but I know I didn't do it.
-A hypnotist? Actually getting past NQT seems unlikely, but hypnotizing players during the day and making them kill themselves seems possible.
-A strongman? Unlikely.
-A tightrope walker? If the tightrope is higher than the trapeze I guess?
-A lion tamer? Could have sent a lion to kill Jack I guess.

At the minute TDS seems the most likely to me.

If you follow that reasoning, then the sharp object thing would only lead to the lion tamer or the magician - a strongman would strangle/punch someone to death, a tightrope walker would do something with rope (hang them?), and a hypnotist would have to cause a trapeze artist to act against themselves with sharp objects.  NQT not noticing anything makes me suspect that it was the magician (who would have a number of ways to kill people - sawing in half, making important organs disappear, etc). Or NQT could be lying (an untrackable SK seems a bit powerful in a setup like this), but it seems less likely.

So Deus Asmoth, you're the magician, correct?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 06, 2016, 09:29:02 pm »

Remember that as an SK any of them could've just ditched their stuff and grabbed a knife, though. Hanging someone whose resisting isn't exactly untrackable, so...

First sentence: True - unvote while I think about things.
Second sentence: What do you mean?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 06, 2016, 10:37:55 pm »

That's why I doubt that O. Wilde is the SK, yes.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 08, 2016, 11:57:23 am »

Ok, so day is gonna end pretty soon. Here we go.

ATH - I am on the fence about you. I found you rather suspicious earlier for being the only claimed VT, but now Deus has also claimed VT that's no longer an issue. Town leaning. You are not voting right now.

BHK - You aren't voting right now, why not?

Deus - Lurker Mc. Lurkington. Currently voting TDS.

NQT - Confirmed town, currently voting Deus.

TMS - I think you're another jester with a suicide thing, which is why you're scrambling to get lynched. Voting Self. Of course, could be bluffing Jester, but I doubt it.

TDS - Lurker Mc. Lurkington V.2. Not currently voting.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure to proceed at this point, so I'm gonna hash it out like this. The Dark Star: Reading back on your posts, I've found pretty much nothing of any value. You barely post, and when you do, it's small nitpicks or semantics. I've never really seen you go after anyone either, it's all a bunch of little worthless chatter. I think you're scum.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 08, 2016, 11:58:13 am »

EBWOP RE: The one person who asked my about my night action.

I do have a night action, however I neglected to use it last night due to idiocy on my part, so I have no results so far.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Big Top Mafia (7/9) Well no more duo acts
« Reply #306 on: February 08, 2016, 02:04:06 pm »

Day 2
"Well this has been productive, are you guys any closer to finding the killer?  Well hurry it on up."

TheDarkStar - O.Wilde, Deus Asmoth (2)
Deus Asmoth - notquitethere, (1)
Abstracttraitorhero (0)
TheMoonlitShadow - TheMoonlitShadow, (1)
O.Wilde (0)
notquitethere (0)
BlackHeartKabal (0)

Not Voting - TheDarkStar, BlackHeartKabal, Abstracttraitorherop

2 extensions left
0/3 to extend
0/4 to shorten

Day ends on Monday, February 8th 8:00pm PST
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 02:06:11 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 08, 2016, 02:07:07 pm »

'Day ends on Friday Monday 8th 8:00pm PST'
"Its the killer out there, he's on my nerves messing with my ability to speak coherently, find him."

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 08, 2016, 03:24:05 pm »

BHK - You aren't voting right now, why not?
I thought I was voting TDS, wasn't I?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 08, 2016, 03:33:47 pm »

You haven't voted at all today as far as I can see. Do you think TDS is the scummiest player?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 08, 2016, 05:17:51 pm »

Well looks like Fillipk overlooked it as well, which means you're probably lying. So give us a quote from earlier or... bandwagoning much? Same with what you did the last day...

So why aren't you voting for BHK if you think he's lying?

BHK: Explain?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 08, 2016, 05:25:55 pm »

Because BHK obviously isn't scum. After all, he told was the first to claim a role before knowing that roles came with set alignments, and he even claimed a role that could easily be the SK.

This seems to indicate that he would be the SK?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 08, 2016, 05:42:36 pm »

Because BHK obviously isn't scum. After all, he told was the first to claim a role before knowing that roles came with set alignments, and he even claimed a role that could easily be the SK.
...this doesn't make any sense. How would the lion tamer easily be the untrackable SK? Why would he claim a different role than his own when someone counterclaiming him would just most likely wind up with him dead? How does the roles having set alignments make any difference when we don't know what the set alignment for any role besides NQT's is?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 08, 2016, 06:20:49 pm »

Well looks like Fillipk overlooked it as well, which means you're probably lying. So give us a quote from earlier or... bandwagoning much? Same with what you did the last day...

I had no problem claiming that I was the lion tamer. I was the first to claim it because that's what I am and I was asked.

Now, the untrackable SK thing. Untrackable SK wouldn't be in such a small setup, that's stupid. I'm pretty certain a large cat killing people under orders would be easily trackable and give very unique flavor (ex. this guy was mauled by a lion ).

And now you're voting me. So many other suspects that make far more sense, and you vote me. Might as well vote NQT. You're backed into a corner, aren't you, TheDarkStar? I'm playing scenarios through my head and I can't see why a townie would make such a move, unless you're honestly convinced I'm an SK.

Are you convinced i'm an SK, truly?

Well, i'm convinced that you're scum. It makes sense. A "mysterious hypnotist", that makes you do what you want. In flavor, that sounds like someone who's out for themselves, separate from the others.

The Dark Star's play, and his role? Three theories.

1. He is the Town Roleblocker, and has messed up badly.
2. He is a scum role that can manipulate or redirect the actions of others.
3. He is the Serial Killer.

It makes a lot of sense for the SK to appear... eager to hunt the SK. So I'm going to go with the third theory.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 08, 2016, 06:21:25 pm »

I had no problem claiming that I was the lion tamer. I was the first to claim it because that's what I am and I was asked.

Now, the untrackable SK thing. Untrackable SK wouldn't be in such a small setup, that's stupid. I'm pretty certain a large cat killing people under orders would be easily trackable and give very unique flavor (ex. this guy was mauled by a lion ).

And now you're voting me. So many other suspects that make far more sense, and you vote me. Might as well vote NQT. You're backed into a corner, aren't you, TheDarkStar? I'm playing scenarios through my head and I can't see why a townie would make such a move, unless you're honestly convinced I'm an SK.

Are you convinced i'm an SK, truly?

Well, i'm convinced that you're scum. It makes sense. A "mysterious hypnotist", that makes you do what you want. In flavor, that sounds like someone who's out for themselves, separate from the others.

The Dark Star's play, and his role? Three theories.

1. He is the Town Roleblocker, and has messed up badly.
2. He is a scum role that can manipulate or redirect the actions of others.
3. He is the Serial Killer.

It makes a lot of sense for the SK to appear... eager to hunt the SK. So I'm going to go with the third theory.
Whoops, TheDarkStar
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30