Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30

Author Topic: Big Top Mafia Game over town and jester victory  (Read 44828 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Big Top Mafia (9/9) Act-1 Well we need a new finale
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2016, 06:45:06 pm »

BlackHeartKabal: To respond:
1. I don't expect you to know, but you didn't and won't speculate?  Do you think my assumption, whatever it is, is incorrect?
2. Not what I asked.  To clarify: did you run out of silly RQS questions to ask, questions of about the quality and value of 'favourite role?'?
1. Verbal trickery does not a cause make.
2. Yes.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2016, 06:45:22 pm »

Moon
3. I think it's something that's useful to know, while not completely directly related to the game. Also helps with my instinctual reads. ATH said something relating to this topic. Do you view it the same way you view this?
I don't see which of ATH's comments you're referring to. I think knowing people's meta play is useful if they have a very distinct style, otherwise less so. For instance, some people have expectations of me doing some kind of analytical post and if I don't do it or I do it obviously poorly, people sometimes get suspicious.

BHK
NQT - What do you think the role of a Vanilla townie, Vigilante, Doctor, and Cop is during the day?
Role of vanilla town is to try and hunt scum and try to draw the mafia kill from the cop. The doctor needs to cop hunt to know who to protect. Vigilante needs to know when not to fire: all too often they let loose kills early and do more harm than good. Do you agree?

I didn't say I thought he was town. I said you hadn't presented any case on him and it was therefore impossible to clear himself. Did you want him to present irrefutable evidence that he was town?
Yes, but not today.
So the thing is, it almost never looks good if a player tries to present 'irrefutable' evidence in their favour. Singing your own praises doesn't tend to work out.

TDS, you're saying all the right things so far. So unvote for now.

O.Wilde, so far what I've seen of you is a bit of question answering and an (admittedly believable) breakdown of the roles in the game. Two-man scum teams tend to have a talker and a lurker. I'm not saying you're lurking (we're only 24 hours in!) but right now I haven't seen enough of you to get much of handle. Everyone but Tawa's said some things: who deserves your vote right now?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2016, 06:51:28 pm »

BHK
NQT - What do you think the role of a Vanilla townie, Vigilante, Doctor, and Cop is during the day?
Role of vanilla town is to try and hunt scum and try to draw the mafia kill from the cop. The doctor needs to cop hunt to know who to protect. Vigilante needs to know when not to fire: all too often they let loose kills early and do more harm than good. Do you agree?
I agree completely. You seem to have healthy knowledge of the jobs each role has.

What qualities and abilities do you speculate from the flavor behind the roles?

The dazzling trapeze duo who flies through the air without a care in the world
The graceful tightrope walker who balances on a thin wire without a net
The man who is strong enough to lift 10,000 lbs
The fearless lion tamer who will stick not one arm but TWO inside the mouth of the beast
Bingo and Bongo, a pair of clowns that will leave you rolling around on the floor laughing
A mysterious hypnotist that can make you do whatever he wants
A magician born half-sized, but don't tell that to his face

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2016, 07:04:12 pm »

1. I don't expect you to know, but you didn't and won't speculate?  Do you think my assumption, whatever it is, is incorrect?
BlackHeartKabal: Nice snarkiness, but when I ask questions, I want them answered.  Answer the questions.

I'm pointing out what you asked me to do, actually.
It's a nonsense question anyway. Every vote is "legitimate" in that it gets counted the same.
hector13: I'm sure you know full well what TDS meant by 'legitimate', yes?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2016, 07:06:56 pm »

BlackHeartKabal: Nice snarkiness, but when I ask questions, I want them answered.  Answer the questions.
Could I ask you what your assumption was, again?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2016, 07:11:55 pm »

After you give me a straight answer, I'll answer this new question.  To answer before you would undermine my questions to you, I believe.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2016, 07:14:12 pm »

hector13: I'm sure you know full well what TDS meant by 'legitimate', yes?

Yes. Do I think the answer to the question is necessary, given that he's asking me to ignore the context of his vote? No.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2016, 07:21:45 pm »

Yes. Do I think the answer to the question is necessary, given that he's asking me to ignore the context of his vote? No.
Hector13: Certainly, the context issue is your main defence of not answering, and I understand it.  Why, though, did you decide to use the definition of 'legitimate' to justify your non-answer as well?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2016, 07:35:03 pm »

After you give me a straight answer, I'll answer this new question.  To answer before you would undermine my questions to you, I believe.
I don't know your assumption, so I don't know if it's incorrect or not.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2016, 07:41:39 pm »

Which leads me back to the main question I asked: did you or did you not, and will you or will you not, speculate about what my assumption is?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2016, 07:44:42 pm »

Hector13: Certainly, the context issue is your main defence of not answering, and I understand it.  Why, though, did you decide to use the definition of 'legitimate' to justify your non-answer as well?

I like to be pedantic sometimes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2016, 07:47:13 pm »

BHK, I suspect the roles were made somewhat to confound expectations. But I'll speculate:

The dazzling trapeze duo who flies through the air without a care in the world: two players have a role with some movement: perhaps they're protectors who can whisk folk away from danger.

The graceful tightrope walker who balances on a thin wire without a net: they're above everyone, so maybe some kind of watcher/tracker role.

The man who is strong enough to lift 10,000 lbs: could have a kill, but maybe more likely a guard like ability?

The fearless lion tamer who will stick not one arm but TWO inside the mouth of the beast: probably has a whip or chair, so maybe a paranoid gun owner type or blocker.

Bingo and Bongo, a pair of clowns that will leave you rolling around on the floor laughing: my guess for the mafia team, or maybe laughter is a roleblock.

A mysterious hypnotist that can make you do whatever he wants: almost certainly a redirector

A magician born half-sized, but don't tell that to his face: anger issues and magic? I'd say serial killer were it not for the fact there's only 9 players.

I'm probably wrong with more than half the above. What do you reckon?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2016, 07:52:38 pm »

Hector, super suspicious there. Is that defending I saw?

What's suspicious(?) and I am not being defensive.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2016, 07:56:20 pm »

Oh, right.

I think the people voting for you aren't being quite fair, but I think TDS is much scummier than you are, so... I guess I'm defending you? Just in a... kind of roundabout way.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2016, 07:57:31 pm »

BHK, I suspect the roles were made somewhat to confound expectations. But I'll speculate:

The dazzling trapeze duo who flies through the air without a care in the world: two players have a role with some movement: perhaps they're protectors who can whisk folk away from danger.

The graceful tightrope walker who balances on a thin wire without a net: they're above everyone, so maybe some kind of watcher/tracker role.

The man who is strong enough to lift 10,000 lbs: could have a kill, but maybe more likely a guard like ability?

The fearless lion tamer who will stick not one arm but TWO inside the mouth of the beast: probably has a whip or chair, so maybe a paranoid gun owner type or blocker.

Bingo and Bongo, a pair of clowns that will leave you rolling around on the floor laughing: my guess for the mafia team, or maybe laughter is a roleblock.

A mysterious hypnotist that can make you do whatever he wants: almost certainly a redirector

A magician born half-sized, but don't tell that to his face: anger issues and magic? I'd say serial killer were it not for the fact there's only 9 players.

I'm probably wrong with more than half the above. What do you reckon?
You were correct about one.
Which leads me back to the main question I asked: did you or did you not, and will you or will you not, speculate about what my assumption is?
I'm not a mind reader, I don't see much of a point on speculating about your assumption.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30