Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30

Author Topic: Big Top Mafia Game over town and jester victory  (Read 44819 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Big Top Mafia (9/9) Act-1 Well we need a new finale
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2016, 08:00:33 pm »

I'm not a mind reader, I don't see much of a point on speculating about your assumption.

This strikes me awfully of playing it safe, sitting on the fence and hemming and hawing. Why don't you want to stand out by assigning a position to Jack?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2016, 08:16:29 pm »

I'm not a mind reader, I don't see much of a point on speculating about your assumption.

This strikes me awfully of playing it safe, sitting on the fence and hemming and hawing. Why don't you want to stand out by assigning a position to Jack?
Because I don't think it's going to produce anything worthwhile, and I think he's up to something.
BHK, do you, as I, suspect everyone has a night action?
No. I think that there are some vanilla townies in play.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2016, 08:20:01 pm »

Because I don't think it's going to produce anything worthwhile, and I think he's up to something.

Then why continuously point out he's up to something? If you're not going to speculate, you should probably move on.

SO YOU ARE A POWER ROLE.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From that I would actually assume he's a VT, but then we also get into WIFOM territory of "he could just be saying that to seem harmless"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2016, 08:21:42 pm »

Jack A T, I'm a little short on time, and I can't be ninja'd because it cancels my post. Further explanation gets too private for my liking.
Moonlit: Understood.  I won't press you on it.

I think the people voting for you [Moonlit] aren't being quite fair
hector13: Explain.

BlackHeartKabal: Understood, thank you.  This is Mafia, though.  None of us are mind readers, I hope, yet we all are constantly speculating about the motivations and assumptions behind everyone's words and actions.  It's how the game generally works, even on the most action-focused sites.  What makes this situation unworthy of the usual speculation?

To answer your question, there was one major underlying assumption, and it's hard to dispute: that you made a decision not to question me, engage with me, or anything of the sort initially.  That which is conspicuously absent is often as interesting as what is present, and my absence from your questioning was quite conspicuous, so I asked about it.
[...]and I think he's up to something.
Oh?

PPE: How about we all stop talking about whether we have powers or not?  Let's not give scum too much guidance on who to kill.
And what's a VT?
Moonlit: Vanilla Townie.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2016, 08:28:54 pm »

SO YOU ARE A POWER ROLE.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, stupid reaction. We already knew that, if BHK is to be trusted. ...:)
I didn't say that I wasn't a power role, though.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2016, 08:37:34 pm »

O.Wilde, so far what I've seen of you is a bit of question answering and an (admittedly believable) breakdown of the roles in the game.
I mean, I'd hardly call that a breakdown. That was just numbers copy-pasted from the OP.

Two-man scum teams tend to have a talker and a lurker. I'm not saying you're lurking (we're only 24 hours in!) but right now I haven't seen enough of you to get much of handle.
Yeah, apologies for that. I didn't get a chance to jump into the real first couple hours of RVS due to real life, and this game shifted to more serious things a lot faster than any others I've played. I'll be much more active from here on in.

Everyone but Tawa's said some things: who deserves your vote right now?
I'll get to this in a second.

I think I'm the only one (whose being bandwagoned) that actually has a hint of suspicion there.
How special. <3 <3

Really can't say anything, but that bit's not quite enough to lynch me.
That really depends on who votes for you, actually.

Ok, stupid reaction. We already knew that, if BHK is to be trusted. ...:)
Why do you do things like this? Why qualify you last statement without adding anything of substance? Especially the last bit?

Note: I don't think this is especially terrible or scummy, I just mostly think it's incredibly annoying and distracting. And confusing.

Quote from: Re:Irrefutable Evidence
Yes, but not today.
How on earth do you expect irrefutable evidence to exist in Mafia?

Moonlit, do you care about the answers to the questions you ask? Why do you ask so many, and let them fall to the side, unanswered?

We already assumed u were a power role
Who is we?
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2016, 08:39:13 pm »

Quote from: Re:Irrefutable Evidence
Yes, but not today.
How on earth do you expect irrefutable evidence to exist in Mafia?
Through death, mostly. Cop results work too if that cop is proven.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2016, 08:42:49 pm »

Through death, mostly.
You expect him to die, and then lead the townies? What exactly is that logic?
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2016, 08:54:44 pm »

hector13: Explain.

You voted for Moonlit for - what I felt were - spurious reasons.

NQT FoS'd Moonlit for stating a desire to stay alive. Moonlit is a newer player (presently playing a BM) and will likely have the beginner's desire to continue being active in the game, which is something of a null-tell. Tawarochir, one of the ICs in the BM, suggests a desire for continued existence is not actually a scumtell.

DA votes Moonlit because of (what I imagine he thinks is) a scumslip. It could also just be what Moonlit thinks of the game. He has shown he likes to post unfiltered thoughts, so again, nulltell.

TDS we've gone over, and I like him as scum.

I think that's it...

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2016, 09:16:13 pm »

Through death, mostly.
I expect him to rise from the dead and direct us, of course. It isn't necessarily him that has to die. Others, depending on what they say, could clear him after their own deaths.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2016, 10:51:44 pm »

Through death, mostly.
I expect him to rise from the dead and direct us, of course. It isn't necessarily him that has to die. Others, depending on what they say, could clear him after their own deaths.
Ah, that makes sense.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2016, 12:58:39 pm »

We really haven't got much information out of today it looks like i suspect day 2 will be a lot more fruitful overall i have no reads really and my gut hasent told me anything yet.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2016, 01:14:09 pm »

Well the day is going to go on until Monday, ATH. If you're so sure of it being a wash, let's just shorten.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Big Top Mafia (9/9) Let the show begin
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2016, 01:16:35 pm »

"I bought us a bit of time with promises of free popcorn, its coming out of your guy's paychecks, so are we any closer to finding the killer, oh and when did that guy get here, oh one of the performers ran away and this guy filled in great, nice to meet you, there's a killer and it might have been you, figure it out."
TheDarkStar - hector 13 BlackHeartKabal (2)
Deus Asmoth (0)
Abstracttraitorhero - notquitethere (1)
Jack A.T. (0)
hector13 - TheMoonlitShadow (1)
TheMoonlitShadow - O.Wilde, TheDarkStar, Deus Asmoth (3)
O.Wilde - (0)
notquitethere (0)
BlackHeartKabal (0)

Not Voting - Jack A.T. Abstracttraitorhero

2 extensions left
0/3 to extend
1/5 to shorten

Day ends on Monday February 1st 2:00pm PST

I'm going to be without internet over the weekend so no votecount, sorry
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2016, 01:17:48 pm »

Well the day is going to go on until Monday, ATH. If you're so sure of it being a wash, let's just shorten.
I will Shorten
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30