Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30

Author Topic: Big Top Mafia Game over town and jester victory  (Read 44718 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Big Top Mafia (9/9) Act-1 Well we need a new finale
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2016, 09:00:30 pm »

ATH: what information would you be planning to scumhunt with during day 2 if no one gets lynched today?

NQT/Jack: TMS referring to the scum team as a single person just feels off to me, especially after we have apparent flavour confirmation that there was only a single killer. I wouldn't expect a new player to be as confident as he seems to be that he won't get lynched if he was scum though.

As for a one person scumteam, it seems fairly unlikely unless they've got some extremely powerful role. Flavour wise, the reference to a single killer seems kind of odd, but still makes sense.

Unvote.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2016, 09:18:19 pm »

Well, from a flavour point to view, the ringmaster (as I assume that's who it is fillipk is talking as) would presumably not know if there's more than one killer. Unless the ringmaster is hiding something...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2016, 09:27:59 pm »

ATH: what information would you be planning to scumhunt with during day 2 if no one gets lynched today?

NQT/Jack: TMS referring to the scum team as a single person just feels off to me, especially after we have apparent flavour confirmation that there was only a single killer. I wouldn't expect a new player to be as confident as he seems to be that he won't get lynched if he was scum though.

As for a one person scumteam, it seems fairly unlikely unless they've got some extremely powerful role. Flavour wise, the reference to a single killer seems kind of odd, but still makes sense.

Unvote.
Well we will know a dead townies role look at who was accusing them start with interogating them and moving on and on till we found someone who seems suspicious or too quiet and keep interrogating till we find scum.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2016, 09:57:32 pm »

So why can't you do that right now?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2016, 10:02:10 pm »

So why can't you do that right now?
Then we would have the potential to have two dead townies by day 2 which does not sound good.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2016, 10:19:46 pm »

Ok, so let's say we don't lynch today. Tomorrow, we have one dead town player and eight living as well as no information from a lynch to work with. Would you be comfortable lynching someone then, or should we wait until day 3 to start scumhunting?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2016, 10:31:41 pm »

Yes becuase we have information to work on plus the investigator if there is one would have investigated someone qnd would know whether that person is mafia or not plus we would have most likely have one more Towny then if we lynched someone allowing more people to help spot scum and use their power roles if they have one.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2016, 10:33:35 pm »

Does that mean you're an investigator?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2016, 10:39:52 pm »

Are you trying to rolefish Hector becuase if i am the investigator all you would be doing is making my death extremely likely by the magia during the night depriving any use of the role and only helping scum so your asking a preety scummy question.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2016, 11:19:34 pm »

Are you trying to rolefish Hector becuase if i am the investigator all you would be doing is making my death extremely likely by the magia during the night depriving any use of the role and only helping scum so your asking a preety scummy question.
See, I don't think hector is dumb enough to so obviously rolefish day one, but then again I have no clue what his play is recently. Hector, what's with all these weird accusations and loaded questions towards the two people most likely to get bandwagoned at this point?
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2016, 02:07:48 am »

Still writing content.  Have something I want to post immediately, as the key figure is still online and should read this.

AbstractTraitorHero: The reasons for lynching D1 are pretty simple.  By not lynching, we have a chance (only a chance, and a surprisingly low one, considering D1 lynch history) of leaving one more townie alive, yes, but we lose far too much by deciding not to lynch.  The obvious loss is one of our few chances to lynch scum.  We only have so many lynch opportunities across the game, only so many opportunities to kill scum (and no, no-lynching won't always give more time for investigators to act).  We lynch non-town D1 rather often, certainly far more often than pure random chance would give.

About as importantly, we lose the information gained from the lynch, whether town or scum.  That means no flip to help us aim N1 actions.  It also means much less content to go on D2.  Sure, we have the flip of whoever scum killed (and all of the WIFOM behind that: why kill the person?  What does scum want us to think from their death?  Has scum been, say, listening to the no-lyncher who thinks we should focus on whoever accused the kill target?), but no flip from a lynch target.  When you know you won't lynch your target, your voting doesn't have the same weight behind it, the same intent to kill.  You run on little.

BlackHeartKabal: I asked you a couple questions that you have yet to answer, I believe.  Please answer them.

fillipk: Are we to understand that we are dealing with only one main scum (mafioso, SK, whatever)?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 30, 2016, 02:09:23 am »

Just a note, fillipk is offline till Sunday.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 30, 2016, 02:28:54 am »

Thats intresting Jack A.T@ Thank you for bringing me this information so i guess we should start through interrogations on Saturday and try and solidify and decide who's getting lynched.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 30, 2016, 03:28:21 am »

Alright.  We've been bashing newbies today.  We've been bashing them a lot.  Moonlit's been attacked for basically every odd misstatement, unfocused on-the-fly statement, question abandonment, and 'scumslip' (rule 1 of scumslips: they're almost never actually scumslips) he's made/done, but I'm pretty sure he's town.  The jabs at ATH largely fall apart when his meta is considered.  What does that leave?  I'll start by looking at most of the other people with votes on them (Hector will take more time, and I need sleep), and in particular looking at the cases against them.

NQT's been attacked for, after some amendments to the case, his suggestion that people join up with him to vote ATH.  Meh.  This is very much an NQT move, more than a town or scum one.  He likes to sometimes push people to vote with him or target his favourite suspects, but he sometimes has a hard time doing so without coming off either as scummy or as arrogant (which biases people in favour of thinking he's scum).

TheDarkStar has been attacked for, variously, bandwagoning, second-RVS-vote-on-newcomering (to put it awkwardly), 'admitting to bandwagoning' (he didn't), and inactivity.  I'd like to see more from him (as always: he's never particularly active).  Looking at the bandwagoning accusations (the primary ones), I am hesitant to attack him much for his first vote, but his second is more interesting.  Third on the pileup on Moonlit.  The following exchange is alarming, looking back:
TDS: To what extent did you consider the previous Moonlit votes when you laid your vote?
I saw the votes on him after I voted for him.
The statement itself is not the problem.  I think he's telling the truth here, and that's what's alarming.  The act he voted for Moonlit for had just happened right before he posted, and thus would be hard to miss.  The same is basically true of his RVS vote, the first vote.  The rest of his very limited behaviour?  Purely reactive, purely responding to either his name or questions to everyone.  This includes responding to the post in which  voted for Moonlit.

Conclusion: The few times he was even active, he did nothing more than skim, searching for his name or questions to everyone.  Whenever he posted, he hadn't read the thread, except the last few posts at any given time and anything he was mentioned in.  There's his normal activity, and then there's this: barely being here, sitting in the background, being almost purely reactive, and not scumhunting.

TheDarkStar: I want to see your reads on everybody.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 30, 2016, 12:01:21 pm »

ATH and Deus Asmoth: What are your current reads on hector?
Overall i get a town read off Hector and while he has said some minor things that dosent make him scum so overall I'm a little suspicious but i believe he is town.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30