Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30

Author Topic: Big Top Mafia Game over town and jester victory  (Read 43909 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Big Top Mafia (9/9) Act-1 Well we need a new finale
« Reply #165 on: January 30, 2016, 12:06:01 pm »

He posted at 9pm last night, and it's the weekend. It's barely been 12 hours...

Are you trying to specifically get other players' read on me so you know you won't be going against the current when you finally do vote for me?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 30, 2016, 04:22:14 pm »

I'm not a mind reader, I don't see much of a point on speculating about your assumption.
BlackHeartKabal: Understood, thank you.  This is Mafia, though.  None of us are mind readers, I hope, yet we all are constantly speculating about the motivations and assumptions behind everyone's words and actions.  It's how the game generally works, even on the most action-focused sites.  What makes this situation unworthy of the usual speculation?

To answer your question, there was one major underlying assumption, and it's hard to dispute: that you made a decision not to question me, engage with me, or anything of the sort initially.  That which is conspicuously absent is often as interesting as what is present, and my absence from your questioning was quite conspicuous, so I asked about it.
[...]and I think he's up to something.
Oh?
What makes the situation unworthy of speculation is that nothing is going to come out of it, it's a waste of time speculating about that. As I said before, no point in it.

And I do think that you're up to something, but that's just my thoughts, nothing solid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 30, 2016, 05:05:00 pm »

You've repeated that several times since Jack did it. Perhaps you'd like to be useful instead?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 30, 2016, 05:57:53 pm »

Some further thoughts on the no-lynch: assuming a two person scum team and no doctor/jailer, the town loses on day 4 of a nine player game regardless of whether they lynch on day 1  if they fail to get mafia on all of their three lynch opportunities (eight or seven players at the start of D2, six or five players at the start of D3, four or three players at the start of D4, two of which are scum). So if you want to no-lynch on D1 for an extra day of play, you'd have to also no-lynch on D2. This would only leave the town with two opportunities to lynch though, and little information to work with.

ATH and Deus Asmoth: What are your current reads on hector?
Slight town lean. Some interesting posts. A high post count generally indicates town (though there are a few recent exceptions). Why are you asking us two specifically about him specifically?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 30, 2016, 06:04:57 pm »

You've repeated that several times since Jack did it. Perhaps you'd like to be useful instead?
I've repeated it because it's the answer to his questions. You would prefer I not respond instead?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 30, 2016, 07:15:54 pm »

I'm suspicious of hector and what looks like he tried to rolefish so he's soneone who is higher on my list of possible scum definitely.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 30, 2016, 07:54:43 pm »

I'm suspicious of hector and what looks like he tried to rolefish so he's soneone who is higher on my list of possible scum definitely.

Hmm...

Overall i get a town read off Hector and while he has said some minor things that dosent make him scum so overall I'm a little suspicious but i believe he is town.

ATH. I think this speaks for itself.
Not really hes on my higher list of possible scum becuase I'm a little suspicious and it's been a few hours i have been reading and forming new opinions and i still get a possible town feel off him i just feel that he could be scum as well basically my opinion changed between the two posts.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 30, 2016, 08:43:28 pm »

Hmm...

Overall i get a town read off Hector and while he has said some minor things that dosent make him scum so overall I'm a little suspicious but i believe he is town.

ATH. I think this speaks for itself.

I agree. We need to get rid of scum, so we need to lynch ATH.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 30, 2016, 08:47:09 pm »

Okay Hector13 you are blatantly bamdwagoning and just trying to kill me without giving a reason i had spme hope you weren't scum but I'm sure now becuase that was Scummy as hell
Unvote and vote Hector13

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 30, 2016, 09:14:19 pm »

Popping up for a second, will continue with major content later tonight.

What is this thing suddenly happening?

Moonlit: What are your expectations regarding consistency between sets of reads?  Also, what specifically makes Hector's vote a scum move? 

Hector: What are your expectations regarding consistency between sets of reads?  Also, is there anything beyond ATH's read change that makes you think he's scum?

ATH: What issues, in particular, caused your read on Hector to change during those seven hours?  Is there a reason you hoped he was town?

BlackHeartKabal: I'd love to see your reads.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 30, 2016, 09:47:50 pm »

Well Jack A.T@he hasent really posted much content that was helpful has tried to rolefish and is Bandwagoning really it seems like he's trying to stay out of it but still appear to be there and that he OMGUS'SD Does does not help his case really a lot of the things he's been doing at least in my eyes look scummy when i looked back on them and the reason i hoped he was town is becuase i believe I've read a few of his games if I'm not mistaken (i tottaly could be) and he was quite a useful town member who got good information.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 30, 2016, 09:55:08 pm »

BHK: You've done next to nothing in the last few pages. Please tell me (if you remember) if you still have your vote on TDS, also.
I know I have my vote on TDS. It's there for a reason.

BlackHeartKabal: I'd love to see your reads.
TheDarkStar - Ded.
Tawarochir - I haven't formed a read on Tawarochir.
Abstracttraitorhero - Either a new townie or a maf that is extremely good at lying.
hector13 - As of Today at 08:43:28 pm he ceased to be a relevant target to observe. If we don't lynch him today I assure you barring anything unexpected that he'll turn up dead by day 2.
TheMoonlitShadow - He plays like a townie and acts like one. He isn't as high priority as others.
O.Wilde - I could see him turning up scum, the way he plays gives me that feeling. It's nothing to move on right now, though.
notquitethere - More experienced than me, certainly. I could see him as anything, really.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 30, 2016, 10:08:25 pm »

Okay Hector13 you are blatantly bamdwagoning and just trying to kill me without giving a reason i had spme hope you weren't scum but I'm sure now becuase that was Scummy as hell
Unvote and vote Hector13
Unvote.

Yep. You OMGUS'd again Hector.
How was this an OMGUS?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2016, 02:41:42 am »

Bleh.  Essay, family, etc.

On Hector: I've looked back through all of his posts.  He's been consistently voting with little to no immediate apparent reason (very twitchy-feeling play, overall: jumpy voting, the Moonlit counterattack...), and in fact I can't find any explanation of his TDS vote placement.  His reason for keeping it there, definitely, but his initial TDS vote?  Unexplained.  Probably should deal with that.  Not sure what he is, though.  Lack of caution feels town, but the voting behaviour seems odd for someone trying to get scum lynched.  Let's see what he says tomorrow.

Hector13: When you initially placed your old TDS vote, why did you vote TDS?  I'm not interested in why you held the vote there for a while, as that's already known, but we never got a reason for the initial act of voting.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2016, 08:25:22 am »

TDS is definitely lurking tho.

It's the weekend. In addition, I was out of town from Friday until late Saturday.

I'll have another post once I've read over the last few pages.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30