Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30

Author Topic: Big Top Mafia Game over town and jester victory  (Read 43924 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Big Top Mafia (9/9) Act-1 Well we need a new finale
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2016, 09:20:48 am »

Going through the last several pages in reverse order (which always yields interesting results):

The Moonlit Shadow:

Unvote and vote Hector13
Unvote.

Yep. You OMGUS'd again Hector.
How was this an OMGUS?
ATH just stated that he thought Hector was prob scum.

How does this make sense. You're piling your vote on someone and you think they're scummy because someone else voted for them? Sorry, no, this is not town play.

Ah, I see.

BHK: You've done next to nothing in the last few pages. Please tell me (if you remember) if you still have your vote on TDS, also.

Everyone: Pretty sure TDS is either lurking or gone. But he's probably not gone, unless he sent a PM to filipk (assuming he doesn't know filipk is also gone).

Why do you find my inactivity more suspicious that BHK's?

I'm suspicious of hector and what looks like he tried to rolefish so he's soneone who is higher on my list of possible scum definitely.

Hmm...

ATH and Deus Asmoth: What are your current reads on hector?
Overall i get a town read off Hector and while he has said some minor things that dosent make him scum so overall I'm a little suspicious but i believe he is town.

ATH. I think this speaks for itself.

People can change their reads on people, you know. Why are you so worried that someone finds hector suspicious?

BHK:

TheDarkStar - Ded.
Tawarochir - I haven't formed a read on Tawarochir.
Abstracttraitorhero - Either a new townie or a maf that is extremely good at lying.
hector13 - As of Today at 08:43:28 pm he ceased to be a relevant target to observe. If we don't lynch him today I assure you barring anything unexpected that he'll turn up dead by day 2.
TheMoonlitShadow - He plays like a townie and acts like one. He isn't as high priority as others.
O.Wilde - I could see him turning up scum, the way he plays gives me that feeling. It's nothing to move on right now, though.
notquitethere - More experienced than me, certainly. I could see him as anything, really.

Can you explain your read on hector? What is your read on me?

hector13:

I'm suspicious of hector and what looks like he tried to rolefish so he's soneone who is higher on my list of possible scum definitely.

Hmm...

ATH and Deus Asmoth: What are your current reads on hector?
Overall i get a town read off Hector and while he has said some minor things that dosent make him scum so overall I'm a little suspicious but i believe he is town.

ATH. I think this speaks for itself.

I agree. We need to get rid of scum, so we need to lynch ATH.

Why do you think ATH is scum? There's a lack of reasoning here and it looks like you're just following TMS's lead.

Jack A T:

TheDarkStar: I want to see your reads on everybody.

Sure.

TheDarkStar - I happen to know I'm town.
Tawarochir - Inactive? Null.
Abstracttraitorhero - Town lean. He seems to be new to mafia more than anything else.
Jack A T - Town lean, although I always have trouble reading him. However, he's been active and has done a fair amount of scumhunting this game.
hector13 - Slight scum lean for a bandwagon vote without reasoning. Not much else that's scummy, though, so not a strong read.
TheMoonlitShadow - Scum lean for bandwagon voting several times. The thing that really makes him scummy is his last vote, though - he voted for hector simply because someone was already voting for hector.
O.Wilde - Slight town lean, although I don't remember much that's notable from him.
notquitethere - I honestly don't see any important posts from him in the last several pages. Null until he posts more.
BlackHeartKabal - Null read for now because he hasn't really posted in a while.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2016, 09:37:34 am »

EBWOP: Definitely interesting results there. Going through it backwards means you kinda messed a lot of things up.

Explanation:

ATH changed his read due to rolefishing, which Hector hadn't done any between the time of his last read. So I voted for him. ATH told me that he was rereading the past pages.

Then Hector apparently didn't see that or ignored it, since he voted for ATH. Clearly an OMGUS since it was in direct response to ATH's read change. Scummy, no?

No. ATH is being wishy-washy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2016, 09:38:17 am »

EBWOP 'cause I'm silly.

Busy today, will get a proper post up tomorrow.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2016, 12:18:04 pm »

Okay hector13@ i posted my suspicious of you becuase of rolefishing at 7amish and i posted my current opinion at 4pm yesterday i had lots of time to read and think about your posts and becuase pf that my opinion changed nothing wishy washy about that.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2016, 02:34:41 pm »

BHK:

TheDarkStar - Ded.
Tawarochir - I haven't formed a read on Tawarochir.
Abstracttraitorhero - Either a new townie or a maf that is extremely good at lying.
hector13 - As of Today at 08:43:28 pm he ceased to be a relevant target to observe. If we don't lynch him today I assure you barring anything unexpected that he'll turn up dead by day 2.
TheMoonlitShadow - He plays like a townie and acts like one. He isn't as high priority as others.
O.Wilde - I could see him turning up scum, the way he plays gives me that feeling. It's nothing to move on right now, though.
notquitethere - More experienced than me, certainly. I could see him as anything, really.

Can you explain your read on hector? What is your read on me?
My read on hector is simple. After his play, if he doesn't get lynched, he'll turn up dead by day 2 as policy.
You're a null read due to inactivity.

BHK: Still think TDS's scum? And I'd also like to know why you think Hector'll be dead. You scum?
I don't think TDS is scum. I have my vote on him for a different reason.
Hector should be lynched today. If he isn't, he will die on night 1 if the Town PRs play right.
If I were scum, why would I call my kills?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2016, 02:47:33 pm »

BHK
My read on hector is simple. After his play, if he doesn't get lynched, he'll turn up dead by day 2 as policy.
Do you think scum most often kill the poorest performing player? Or do you think there's a town vig? Run me through your thought process here.

To make people protect the wrong person at night.

Deus
Your last post was informative, but I still have no idea whether you have any real suspicions.

Wilde, Abstract, Moonlit explain to me why I should be voting Hector.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2016, 02:51:08 pm »

Why do you think he'll get policy-killed?

BHK: Still think TDS's scum? And I'd also like to know why you think Hector'll be dead. You scum?
Hector should be lynched today. If he isn't, he will die on night 1 if the Town PRs play right.

Why do you think town PRs have kills and why are you voting for me if you don't think I'm scum and if you think hector should be lynched?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2016, 03:32:18 pm »

BHK
Do you think scum most often kill the poorest performing player? Or do you think there's a town vig? Run me through your thought process here.

To make people protect the wrong person at night.
1- Scum wouldn't kill the poorest performing player. If nobody has a case, Hector, if he isn't scum, will be lynched. Scum would want him alive. If he is scum, that's different, but they do want him alive in the end. I'm certain that there's a vig.

2- Town has majority over scum, which is why voting to lynch works. One for one is a dumb tradeoff for scum.

Why do you think he'll get policy-killed?

Why do you think town PRs have kills and why are you voting for me if you don't think I'm scum and if you think hector should be lynched?
1- He'll get policy killed because scum can use him. Just deny him as a tool.
2- Town PRs do have kills in many games. They're typically called Vigilantes. And now that the town has mostly decided on suspects, there's no point in leaving a vote on you anymore. Unvote, Vote: Hector

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2016, 04:45:53 pm »

TDS: You say Moonlit's last vote is the main thing making him scummy.  You're not responding to his two-post defence of that vote, which included a question in the second post.  You're clearly paying some attention to responses: you responded to BHK's response.  Why not that of your main suspect?

BlackHeartKabal: You're a follower. You're very night-game focused, contributing little to the day game and talking mostly about night action policy and what PRs are in the game.  You have more than ideas about how PRs will act at night: you have set procedures that you expect.  You do little investigatory questioning.  You vote with the mob.  I know this playstyle.

How much do you consider your overall playstyle to be a product of your time at EpicMafia?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2016, 04:52:17 pm »

TDS: You say Moonlit's last vote is the main thing making him scummy.  You're not responding to his two-post defence of that vote, which included a question in the second post.  You're clearly paying some attention to responses: you responded to BHK's response.  Why not that of your main suspect?

BlackHeartKabal: You're a follower. You're very night-game focused, contributing little to the day game and talking mostly about night action policy and what PRs are in the game.  You have more than ideas about how PRs will act at night: you have set procedures that you expect.  You do little investigatory questioning.  You vote with the mob.  I know this playstyle.

How much do you consider your overall playstyle to be a product of your time at EpicMafia?
EpicMafia has given me some habits that are tough for me to shake off in non EM games. Voting with the mob is the exact reason why I was hesitant to vote hector, it's hard to vote someone up without taking flak for it. Setting procedures for PRs, however, isn't something I was doing. There's reasoning behind that.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 31, 2016, 05:16:29 pm »

EpicMafia has given me some habits that are tough for me to shake off in non EM games.
It takes a while.  Took me some time to recover from that site.

Setting procedures for PRs, however, isn't something I was doing. There's reasoning behind that.
Sorry, that was a bit of poor wording on my part.  What I meant was not that you create the procedures, but that there are set procedures in place that you seemed to expect.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2016, 05:22:26 pm »

EpicMafia has given me some habits that are tough for me to shake off in non EM games.
It takes a while.  Took me some time to recover from that site.

Setting procedures for PRs, however, isn't something I was doing. There's reasoning behind that.
Sorry, that was a bit of poor wording on my part.  What I meant was not that you create the procedures, but that there are set procedures in place that you seemed to expect.
Certain PRs have constant, concrete things across games. It's an open setup, so i'm giving the roles some leeway.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2016, 06:19:56 pm »

fillipk: Are we to understand that we are dealing with only one main scum (mafioso, SK, whatever)?
One main scum and some third parties.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2016, 06:21:32 pm »

fillipk: Just to be clear, as I worded that question poorly: is the main scum force a single person?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2016, 06:55:56 pm »

BHK: How can scum 'use Hector as a tool'?
We have hector sitting here being lynched, propped up, attention towards him. The scum can use him as a distraction or to buy time, depending on what happens. If he dies, it won't be a problem anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30