Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30

Author Topic: Big Top Mafia Game over town and jester victory  (Read 43908 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Big Top Mafia (9/9) Act-1 Well we need a new finale
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2016, 07:28:38 pm »

A disappointing number of people are not aware that I'm playing this game.

BHK:
EpicMafia has given me some habits that are tough for me to shake off in non EM games.
It takes a while.  Took me some time to recover from that site.

Setting procedures for PRs, however, isn't something I was doing. There's reasoning behind that.
Sorry, that was a bit of poor wording on my part.  What I meant was not that you create the procedures, but that there are set procedures in place that you seemed to expect.
Certain PRs have constant, concrete things across games. It's an open setup, so i'm giving the roles some leeway.
Ok, you've said it's an open setup a few times now. It clearly isn't by the standard definition, since we don't know what the roles actually are, we just have some clues about what they might be. What do you mean by an open setup?

fillipk: Are we to understand that we are dealing with only one main scum (mafioso, SK, whatever)?
One main scum and some third parties.
On the back of this, I'm fairly confident that TMS is who we're looking for.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2016, 07:56:15 pm »

A disappointing number of people are not aware that I'm playing this game.

BHK:
EpicMafia has given me some habits that are tough for me to shake off in non EM games.
It takes a while.  Took me some time to recover from that site.

Setting procedures for PRs, however, isn't something I was doing. There's reasoning behind that.
Sorry, that was a bit of poor wording on my part.  What I meant was not that you create the procedures, but that there are set procedures in place that you seemed to expect.
Certain PRs have constant, concrete things across games. It's an open setup, so i'm giving the roles some leeway.
Ok, you've said it's an open setup a few times now. It clearly isn't by the standard definition, since we don't know what the roles actually are, we just have some clues about what they might be. What do you mean by an open setup?
Open Setup - Roles are not stated, could be any combination of roles and alignments.
Closed Setup - Roles and alignments clearly stated (ex. 5 Vanilla, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 3 mafia )
BHK: So you're saying that Hector is a nuisance, so lynching him is beneficial either way? If he's scum, obviously good; if he's not, you're proposing that he'll no longer bother us.
That's what I'm proposing, but Hector is a special case because his play could end up harming the town. So he has to go by policy - for the good of the town, scum or not. Do you have a better idea on who to lynch?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2016, 08:00:06 pm »

Open Setup - Roles are not stated, could be any combination of roles and alignments.
Closed Setup - Roles and alignments clearly stated (ex. 5 Vanilla, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 3 mafia )
Huh, I can see why you'd define it that way round but we normally use the open/close dichotomy to mean the exact opposite:

Open Setup - Information on roles is open to the players.
Closed Setup - Information on roles is closed to the players.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2016, 08:04:21 pm »

TMS: I'm voting you for the exact same reason as before, but now we have mod confirmation that there's a one-man scum team. You referred to the scum as one person before there was any indication that this was the case, so yeah.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2016, 08:18:34 pm »

So currently the unofficial vote count is:

TheDarkStar - Jack [1]
Deus Asmoth - NQT [1]
Abstracttraitorhero - Hector [1]
hector13 - Moonlit, ATH, O.Wilde, BHK [4]
TheMoonlitShadow - TDS, Deus [2]
Jack A.T.
O.Wilde
notquitethere
BlackHeartKabal

TMS: I'm voting you for the exact same reason as before, but now we have mod confirmation that there's a one-man scum team. You referred to the scum as one person before there was any indication that this was the case, so yeah.
I really don't think we have had such a solid confirmation. Fillipk may have been using the word 'scum' as a collective noun (as in 'one main scum faction'):

fillipk: Are we to understand that we are dealing with only one main scum (mafioso, SK, whatever)?
One main scum and some third parties.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 31, 2016, 08:30:35 pm »

It sounds like pretty solid confirmation, especially with the question specifying that it asking about a single scum rather than a scumteam.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 31, 2016, 09:26:39 pm »

BHK: You said that Hector would die tonight if he wasn't lynched. But we don't know if there's a Vigilante, so... That you?
This is something I will neither confirm nor deny.
Huh, I can see why you'd define it that way round but we normally use the open/close dichotomy to mean the exact opposite:

Open Setup - Information on roles is open to the players.
Closed Setup - Information on roles is closed to the players.
Oh. Thank you. I'll have to get used to that, then.

Hector- Why did you vote ATH? What's your defense?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 31, 2016, 11:06:33 pm »

Regarding the scum number, I think the difference between the question I meant to ask and the question I did ask is wide enough that we should wait for another answer from fillipk.

TDS: You say Moonlit's last vote is the main thing making him scummy.  You're not responding to his two-post defence of that vote, which included a question in the second post.  You're clearly paying some attention to responses: you responded to BHK's response.  Why not that of your main suspect?
TheDarkStar: Answer.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 31, 2016, 11:16:00 pm »

TDS: Hector OMGUS'd. Read the thing. He instantly voted for ATH the moment ATH changed his opinion.

EBWOP: Definitely interesting results there. Going through it backwards means you kinda messed a lot of things up.

Explanation:

ATH changed his read due to rolefishing, which Hector hadn't done any between the time of his last read. So I voted for him. ATH told me that he was rereading the past pages.

Then Hector apparently didn't see that or ignored it, since he voted for ATH. Clearly an OMGUS since it was in direct response to ATH's read change. Scummy, no?

Now that I've read over those posts again, it makes sense. Unvote because what you did is good town play and ; hector13 because what hector did (reaction voting without any kind of reasoning) is scummy.

However, I have a question: Do you find hector's reaction vote more suspicious that ATH's? If so, why?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 31, 2016, 11:33:10 pm »

Sorry for the confusion, there is one main scum and a couple mischievous third parties to keep it balanced.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2016, 10:39:24 am »

Whoa whoa whoa what the fuck happened.

TMS: Why call Hector out as OMGUSing and not call this:
Okay Hector13 you are blatantly bamdwagoning and just trying to kill me without giving a reason i had spme hope you weren't scum but I'm sure now becuase that was Scummy as hell
Unvote and vote Hector13
Out?

ATH, was your mind really changed quickly enough that you went from 'hope he is town' to 'definitely scum' within a single vote?

NQT, can you explain your vote, please?

TMS: Are you trying to stall out till day end so you don't have to answer questions?
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2016, 10:49:16 am »

Bleh filipk. Do we know the number of mafia players? Or are we not supposed to know that.

TDS: Will get to you in about an hour.
Yes you do, 0
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2016, 11:07:07 am »

Okay this changes everything: I was certain Moon isn't mafia, they don't post so much, but they could well be an SK.

Deus, does a slip make sense in the absence of a mafia team of one?

Wilde, Deus has had only one target, minimal posting, rests on a scumslip theory that genuine scum love to make, and offers mostly information rather than engagement with what people other than Moon have actually been doing.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2016, 11:09:03 am »

Yes O.Wilde@I had tons of time between my hope he is town.post and my hes scum post the first post was at 7 sm and the second was at 4pm
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2016, 12:36:05 pm »

Deus, does a slip make sense in the absence of a mafia team of one?
Considering that we have confirmation that there was only one killer and one main scum player, yes. It makes perfect sense. How often have you seen scum making cases based on scumslips?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30