Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFHack Tiletypes question  (Read 5718 times)

athenalras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DFHack Tiletypes question
« on: January 02, 2016, 12:12:35 am »

I've looked all over the place but I couldn't really figure this part out.

Why do the spawned tiles have no flooring and always appear a siltstone after being mined?

A "visual" example of the question I have:

filter: any
paint: SMOOTH STONE WALL INORGANIC:DIORITE_CLUSTER
brush: range 7 7 7

I noted that there exists no "roof" for this cube and that when it is mined out/hollowed out, the floorings are siltstone.

Is there any way to deal with these two problems in DFHack? I always went about them by making actual construction as the 'crowning' for my hollowed out structures (because I absolutely abhor the flashing green 'c', it makes me sick).

This problem is not only for .42.xx but also for .40.xx although even worse so in .40.xx because I have had less pathing problems with dwarves trapping themselves on rooftops than with .42.xx

Thanks for helping me out

Fireborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack Tiletypes question
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 05:49:16 pm »

What I remember of using it:

It only affects the tiles you're changing, which is why no roof, as that's technically a different tile, and the program doesn't want to get too presumptuous.

As for the mined out floor: Has it been siltstone no matter where you put it, or merely where you've tried.  Because for a while now, the floor is the layer material, rather than whatever the walls were made out of.  So, if you want a different kind of floor, you'll have to pop the tile painter over to floor.

Honalululand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack Tiletypes question
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 03:14:35 pm »

So, if you want a different kind of floor, you'll have to pop the tile painter over to floor.

Or set it to ANY. That's what I've been doing a fair deal with one fortress I've been DFHacking gratuitously. Just p m MINERAL, p special ANY, p s ANY, and then go to town on... Usually I'd use it where I wanted to see mineral veins on the floor of already-excavated bedroom layers or whatnot. Just had to be careful to switch back to STONE when I got to the few spots near the entrance of my fort where the layer material was sand. I mean, I could make "smoothed white sand floor" tiles. I just didn't want to.