Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Airbuccaneers HD  (Read 6181 times)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
Re: Airbuccaneers HD
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 10:58:56 pm »

It's an interesting game. I managed to take down a few ships, but mostly died to crews of people who knew what they were doing when my crew had no idea.

I managed to flame another ship full of people while solo earlier though. I was flying toward the ship and nobody ever joined me on mine (we had several in the air, and the enemy ship was focusing on one of them). I preloaded both the left side cannons with 3 powder each and turned them forward, then set off for the enemy ship. I managed to get close without them paying me much attention, and as I closed on them I hopped off the wheel and lit both cannons, then ran back to the wheel to scrape across their side. Broadsided them with both the flame cannons, with them beginning firing right as I got close to them. One of them saw me and pegged my ship with a cannonball, but it was too late - the flamethrowers dropped them, killing all four people on the ship.

A good crew can wreck things fast, though. Two guys aiming cannons, two guys reloading and lighting them, and a guy at the wheel who can steer good. I haven't been on a ship like that yet, but in a round where we fought against that we kept getting massacred.

I was on a ship like that, with two more guys to cover the other side's guns, repair, or fire muskets to drop cannon balls.  It was glorious!  The thing this game really needs is a ton more players.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 04:05:51 am »

That's what I kept saying, but nobody listened to me :'(

It's a hell of a game! I've seen two servers with 18 and 20 people on, so the game's still alive and well. I'm wondering how many people will have bought it by the time it becomes beta, but hopefully most of them. It's been on some pretty nifty promotions.

Also, a semi-experienced player can totally fire the guns as fast as two people :)

It might be worth having everyone not firing cannons firing muskets or air mines!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 09:36:15 am »

So, is there actually a telescope in the tutorial, or is it broken? I can't pass that part.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 01:01:40 pm »

# of players was always a problem with this game. it needed more love. Reason I had to learn to captain a battleship solo. It was more fun than a cog.

As for the telescope thing: Primary calls out the direction a ship is at, and alt-fire zooms in. I think you need to be zoomed in for it to acknowledge goal being done, before it passes on to the next task.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 01:06:06 pm »

I don't have a telescope, though. Just empty hands which do nothing on click.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 01:24:39 pm »

Did you try using the number keys? The telescope is... 6 or something like that. It worked for me when I tried the tutorial.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 01:28:30 pm »

Sometimes, suicide is the answer. It's a strange bug.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 02:32:17 pm »

Theres a tutorial? Oh God, no wonder I sucked, I never even did the tutorial (I did read the controls list while it downloaded though, which is how I did as good as I did haha).
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 02:38:53 pm »

Theres a tutorial? Oh God, no wonder I sucked, I never even did the tutorial (I did read the controls list while it downloaded though, which is how I did as good as I did haha).

The tutorial just tells you the basic controls and what every weapon does. If you know how to aim, shoot, and fire a cannon and how piloting ships work then you know everything from the tutorial.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 05:02:56 pm »

At this point I'd have to say that whoever Jayhat is, they rock at piloting.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 07:23:41 pm »

Yeah, the tutorial's real hidden in the launcher! You can't find it from actually inside the game. Totally missed that one too, until somebody told me!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 07:27:23 pm »

Just wanted to say... I LOVE THIS GAME!  Also it really does need more people, while 3v3 games are fun, 16v16 games are just that much better (5.33333 times better to be precise :D)
Nom nom nom

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2016, 05:38:13 pm »

Haven't thought about this game in ages. Apparently it's now F2P on steam. Not sure about the playerbase though. Downloading it now to report!
Pages: 1 [2]