Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we do with Jaccarmac's turn?

Continue afterwards
- 8 (66.7%)
Continue before
- 4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: "The Strip" Tavern Fortress Succesion Game Redux  (Read 25702 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The Strip" Tavern Fortress Succesion Game Redux
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2016, 10:36:33 pm »

Well, that, or call him "Kenny".  Make sure he eventually gets a hood and mittens...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHhx_-r6Kmg
Actually, if we could have a succession of "Kennys" That might be a fun running gag.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2016, 06:49:33 pm »

That, and if we're doing running gags, we need tons of mugs. Oh, and they all say Property Of Spearbreakers The Strip on the bottom :3
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2016, 08:53:06 pm »

It would certainly be interesting if each Tavern had a little gift shop area, where visitors could buy mugs and other knick-knacks relating to the pub.  Unloading the excess onto traders visiting the "Wholesale Depot" might be a good way to promote trade as well.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2016, 08:13:45 pm »

Yeah, we could do that. Taverns are being a bit of a pain to build tbh at the minute...

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2016, 07:17:22 am »

Yeah, we could do that. Taverns are being a bit of a pain to build tbh at the minute...

They are easy. all you need is booze, indoor space, a chest, some chairs, some tables, and mugs! and a bartender!

Edit: so has anyone started yet?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 07:20:59 am by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2016, 07:24:56 am »

I thought Chaotic skies was on it. We get 2 years if we need them, or two weeks, and he has to se the fort up as well, iirc.
One wheel short of a wagon

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2016, 10:56:41 am »

Yeah, I'm almost done, just been busy af with the real world. And I don't mean I can't designate a tevern, it's just no one wants to actually build anything.

Also, we ran out of plump helmets.

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2016, 07:18:09 pm »

You finished your turn, or are you still busy? I don't want this to die twice.
He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2016, 09:52:53 am »

Make some coins of different alloys, split some down, and trade them away to every caravan.  It will be like free advertising for the rest of the world to come visit The Strip.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2016, 05:15:22 pm »

Sorry, I totally forgot about this for a bit. Why does school always do this to me...

Anyway, I'll put the fort up soon. I'll try for a right up, no gurantees though.

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2016, 07:43:35 am »

I'm going to keep trying to resuscitate this. Rise thread, rise!
He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2016, 10:52:48 am »

No more excuses, we have 42.05 LNP is out. I think by the time my turn comes, I'm done playing XCOM2, hehe.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2016, 04:25:42 pm »

No more excuses, we have 42.05 LNP is out. I think by the time my turn comes, I'm done playing XCOM2, hehe.
Terror from the Deeps.... LOVED Xcom!
You ever wonder if that game could've been the "Planetary invasion" template for 4X space games like the Space Empires franchise?

I mean, have this whole drawn out invasion sub-game that just goes on and on, turn after turn, with the rebel planetary populations on one side trying to repel the alien invaders from the other side who are infiltrating the various nations and governments...

Then another alien race comes into the system and is able to get some of their agents landed on the planet, and now there's this three way war for the thing... It'd be so awesome!  That's why invasion troops numbering in the hundreds could subvert a planetary population in the millions: infiltration and subversion of authority structures that are already there.  I could see battles actually being for control or destruction of various facilities built by Players who claim the world - different races each attempting to carve bits from the surface as the populations of various nations are used as just another resource to be exploited...
oh, it would be this deep and involved game, having the starships doing their thing between the planets, while the planets themselves were fought for in orbit, air and on land.  Do it all with both various renewable and non-renewable resources, so that things like food, population (labor) and "organic" resources would be able to be "harvested" and then slowly regrow once again, but things like minerals or other non-renewables would become more and more difficult to extract from each planet, so that while a planet rich in non-renewables might be contested hotly by the various space-faring races, that eventually it would be ceded to one or another race that specialized in tech that removed the traces of non-renewables that the planet had been mined of already.  Whole alliances could be grooming planetary populations for harvesting when they need more farmers for the new colonies, or slave labor for the new off-world whatevers...  Pretty grim for the various populations, but then you could have mismanagement of a facility (or induced active agitation by another Player) for those populations to go into revolt, and become another NPC Player in control of those self-same facilities, possibly becoming a new space-faring race as members of that population on other worlds hear about the revolution...

Heck, that kind of revolution might be exactly how new Players enter an ongoing game: they pop in and choose some subjugated population, become a rebellious faction of that population and attempt to wrest control of various facilities from the Players who currently control them, maybe building other facilities in secret or destroying ones that they are unable to infiltrate and take over, until finally they themselves begin being able to build their own fleet of star-ships, and the cycle continues.

Can you just see it?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:34:29 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2016, 05:42:47 pm »

Can probably mimic that space 4x game with multi-alien race invasions in DF. 

Dwarf, Human and Elf are starting earth pop, goblins are alien race from the underworld.  Mods allow orcs and ogres, other races as invaders too. 

FBs, megas would be like awesome aliens, if only they have their own armies instead of "one of it's kind" 

In terms of this "The Strip" is it possible to do force segregation of taverns? Like Dwarf only taverns, elf only, humans only, goblins only?

Is there science done of having multiple taverns, each with separate beds for guests?  Will guest denied in one tavern petition to stay in a different tavern?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2016, 06:28:29 pm »

Can probably mimic that space 4x game with multi-alien race invasions in DF. 

Dwarf, Human and Elf are starting earth pop, goblins are alien race from the underworld.  Mods allow orcs and ogres, other races as invaders too. 

FBs, megas would be like awesome aliens, if only they have their own armies instead of "one of it's kind" 

In terms of this "The Strip" is it possible to do force segregation of taverns? Like Dwarf only taverns, elf only, humans only, goblins only?

Is there science done of having multiple taverns, each with separate beds for guests?  Will guest denied in one tavern petition to stay in a different tavern?

There you go - that's an interesting aspect.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15