Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we do with Jaccarmac's turn?

Continue afterwards
- 8 (66.7%)
Continue before
- 4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: "The Strip" Tavern Fortress Succesion Game Redux  (Read 25726 times)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: "The Strip" Tavern Fortress Succesion Game Redux
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2016, 06:37:16 pm »

turn?

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2016, 07:08:52 pm »

Don't know about the beds thing. I do know that the months seem to be taking longer and longer, and all we've been doing is growing plump helmets. Maybe that's a side effect of having gaps between playing....

Anyway, give me a few minutes. I'm just going to upload the save as-is, and give a short update.

EDIT: Yeah Moony you can have a turn. Fricking ninja...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:56:20 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2016, 07:27:59 pm »

EDIT: Yeah Moony you can have a turn. Fricking ninja...
lol

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2016, 10:55:49 pm »

Updoot!

Spring, 103

I forgot how difficult, if fun it is to be an Overseer. Although, the first few months are always the same; begin mining, set up farms, build a trade depot, etc. Luckily, we also had the goal of building a Tavern, as this is going to be The Strip; a place for all to come and relax, drink a pint, maybe stay for a few nights. Those elves can even read, if they want. Of course, that's all in the future. First, we mine and get food and defenses for ourselves; then we worry about the taverns.

Summer, 103
The last few months have been mostly un-eventful. We've started digging down toward the more precious ore, although it's been slow. We also realized the surveyors were lying when they said there are multiple metals close to the surface; all we found was gold! We don't need gold yet; we need iron, and steel. There was also a small pocket of Galena, but it's not enough to do anything with.

Anyway, I've started drafting plans for bedrooms. I'm going to base them off of something I saw in another Dwarven fort; I called them the Bedroom Piles, but someone told me they're actually called "Windmill Bedrooms" or something like that. Pah! Windmill Bedrooms. I like Bedroom Piles better!

Autumn, 103
The caravan from the Mountainhome left a few days ago. They didn't do much, and we didn't have much to trade, but we still got some stuff from them. Otherwise, very little of note happened in the past few months.

Winter, 103
We broke into the Caverns today. I was told it's the second story based on the number of funguses. I like fungus. We should grow plump helmets. They taste good. They grow fast too. They're purple. I like purple. Maybe I could grow them in the corpses of the others. I bet they would like that. They die, and then they're turned into purple mushrooms! Who wouldn't like that! Ireallythinkthisisagoodideaimgoingtogotelleveryone. Maybeishoujldntthuymightnolikmeforcomengupwethit. I like plump helmets. They taste good. They grow fast too. They're purple. I like purple...
*The journal continues in this manner for several pages, repeating the same thing over and over again, getting squished together occasionally, as if the writer is excited.*

Spring. 104

The other dwarves got angry at me today. They told me to figure out something to do for food. I didn't know what they were talking about; I had everyone go out and gather mushrooms from the Cavern. They told me they were tired of mushrooms. So, I had them plant Plump Helmets. They're not mushrooms. They're fungus. And once they eat the plump helmets, I can kill them! And turn them into houses for all the little plump helmets!
*The journal gets progressively more insane, eventually turning into the words "Plump Helmets" Scrawled in any available space*

AutumnSummer, 104

I'm so glad I had the dwarfs access the top of the volcano! Now we might get some magma forges up and running! I might even be able to make a sacrifice chamber, too! We can put dwarves and prisoners in it, and just drop them into lava! Who knows? Maybe dwarven skeletons float in lava!

The human came! I tried to buy all their stuff in exchange for a wooden chair, but they wouldn't let me. So, I broke the trading post! And then, then they dropped all their stuff and left! Just like that, we got all their items! I knew I was good at getting stuff from people, even if the "Broker" said I shouldn't try to talk to the traders! Oh well! Maybe HE'll be the FIrst to TuRN into a PLUmp HELMEt!

Autumn. 104
The caravan from the Mountainhome came today! I didn't talk to the Liason, but I told the mayor to ask about plump helmets, and other stuff! Mainly the Plump Helmets, though. I also said under my breathe I would kill him if he didn't. At least I told him, right? Now I won't feel bad and go back to the bad place! With my brother! He died fighting a goblin. IT waSn'T vERy FuN to WatCH. MOm sAW it, anD tHen she DiEd loCKed In HEr rOOM. I wonder wHy!

Winter, 104
My time as overseer is almost up! All the other dwarves looked REALLY SAD to see me leave, BUt it's OkaY. I'lL stiLL be Here foR a WHile. I Might EVEn haVE a STRange MooD like the other dwarves! I Hopes it happens soon. My WRists huRT. I Don'T KnOW WHy. I Got over HURting mysELF a few YEARs Ago. UNLess JIMMy has STARTED TO COME BACK. i HOPE HE HASN'T COMEBACK. HE MAKES ME HURT MYSELF. PLEASE HELP ME. I DON'T LIKE HIM. HE'S SCARY.

*The handwriting changes suddenly, after a series of loops and straight lines, as if someone is remembering how to write after not writing for a few years. The color of the ink has turned into a disturbingly blood-like color, as opposed to the graphite from before.*

Yes, I am back. Don't fear me. I want to help you. You know I'm the only one who can. Don't worry. I wont tell the others our, or should I say, your little secret. Of how you actually killed them. Of how the only reasons I exist is because you can't deal with the guilt. We both know it. Why won't you tell them? They deserve to know. I just hope you don't hurt anyone else. They do care about you, you know. You helped create this fort, and I made sure you didn't get too out of hand, even if you didn't realize it. I've never been gone, I've just gotten better at hiding.

Here's the save

What do you guys think of that? Did I mess anything up? Take something a bit too far? Feel free to yell at me for every single word of it :P

Also, it is now Deus Asmoth's turn. You have 24 hours starting now to respond. I will then message you. If you do not respond 72 hours after being messaged, you're being skipped. Sorry.  :-\

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2016, 03:57:27 pm »

Downloading the save now. Should have an update shortly.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2016, 08:40:39 pm »

Cool

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2016, 06:39:19 pm »

Why is everyone's profession listed as 'Base Mask'?

Asmoth's Thoughts, Opal 104.
It seems like I'm going to be taking over this place a little earlier than I expected. chaotic skies told me that he was quitting, at least. He seemed a bit off, but I didn't think much of it. I've had experience with overseers before, so I've come to expect a little strangeness around outposts like this. That said, I needed a drink once I'd finished looking over the place. Unfortunately, someone already had dibs on the only liquid in the fortress. My initial thoughts can be summed up in this triptych:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Everyone in the fortress seems to be on the verge of dying of dehydration, so I've sent the miners to search for a third cavern in the hopes that there might be water in it. In the meantime, I'm trying to get our twenty seven plump helmets converted into drinkable liquid.[/i]

jaccarmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • jaccarmac.com
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2016, 12:13:25 am »

Oh man, we're The Strip and already have no booze stockpiled? This gon' be good.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2016, 12:34:49 pm »

Vegas is a desert, so we need that Hoover Dam water and power source somewhere.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2016, 07:07:05 pm »

Obsidian 104
After nearly a month of digging, the miners have found another cavern. Even better, there was an underground lake right next to where they had been digging, so it looks like we won't be dying of thirst any time soon. Aside from those two guys who just died of thirst, of course, but that can hardly be blamed on me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now we can actually start doing what I was supposed to; setting up a smuggler's ring legitimate business!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2016, 05:35:56 pm »

Hematite 105.
It's been a while since I've made an entry, but today I announce the opening of the Ring of Fire, my very own tavern! It's not fully furbished yet, but the main attraction is already in place; a pool of magma beneath those golden floor grates. Hopefully I'll be able to get the walls properly engraved before my term is up.

In the same general area, there's an undedicated temple and a few temples for the more popular gods of the Strip. The new magma forges are close by as well because it meant less work to do building those magma shafts. The wells are up and running, so dwarves don't have to climb a hundred levels of stairs for a drink. Our new library is currently restricted to dwarves only, since I've heard that humans tend to steal books. There are also a few decent bedrooms for the nobles and bureaucrats of the fortress, since a few of them seems to be complaining about the standards of their quarters. It always helps to have a mayor or two that owe you a favour, of course.

In happy news, my wife gave birth to a boy recently. This came as a shock to me, because I didn't realise that I was married. I do remember drinking too much and having a party at one of the newly opened temples a while back, though, so that could be it. In any case, she's insisting on calling the child 'Nameless Bob' for some reason.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 06:07:35 pm by Deus Asmoth »

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2016, 07:10:34 pm »

Everyone was named base mask because I kind of messed up with Therapist. Heh.

Anyway, you seem to be better at this than me. I forget/put off important things like food for a while, so that's why we had way too many plump helmet farms. And innefficiencys everywhere.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 07:13:20 pm by chaotic skies »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2016, 07:56:52 pm »

I've mostly just made a bunch of smaller farms where the big ones used to be so we have twelve 4x4s rather than three 9x9s. I think that makes it easier to handle for the farmers for some reason, plus we can grow a bunch of different crops at once once the dwarven caravan arrives and I buy some seeds.

Minor issue: I've only found gold and zinc ore while mining. Do you remember finding anything weapon worthy deeper down or are we going to be trading for all our weapons and armour?

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2016, 09:22:19 pm »

I think we might have to be trading, or try to find cotton candy. Either way, we can always spam rock traps on the surface or something.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2016, 09:32:39 pm »

Could work. I'm trying to get as many novice weaponsmiths as possible at the moment in the hopes of the elusive golden war hammer, but barring that trading for steel and looting goblin corpses should be enough to get us by.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15