Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Visitors, can I get them to leave?  (Read 5408 times)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Visitors, can I get them to leave?
« on: January 07, 2016, 09:54:04 am »

I mean, it was fun at first but there's two complete dancing troupes along with a billion other bards and poets in my awesomely named Tavern; the Plum of Passing. I'd honestly like them to leave (but preferably leaving their books with me) without just siccing thirty-odd militia on the lot. Is this possible? I've removed the zone for now but it barely seemed to shift them.

Also somewhat related (I guess);
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What up with that?

Edit; fixed link, I think. Also evidence of overcrowding my tavern.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:43:13 am by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Visitors, can I get them to leave?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 10:07:37 am »

Mostly they go away after a few months or years. However, if you not only removed the zone, but the tavern location as well, I fear you have perma-bugged them to stay. (visitors that have in their to description "was curious about site X / came to visit site X" and the like, will never leave again if you (l)>>(X) retired site X from the location list. They'll hang around your meeting zones forever.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 10:19:14 am »

Crud. But then, I only removed the zone. Still some ten bedrooms attached to it.

Edit; the 'lady' was a lady consort at first so I assume she simply inherited a title. Let's see if I can crusader kings her into taking the place over :P
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:23:18 am by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 10:24:55 am »

Crud. But then, I only removed the zone. Still some ten bedrooms attached to it.

Edit; the 'lady' was a lady consort at first so I assume she simply inherited a title. Let's see if I can crusader kings her into taking the place over :P
Then they should still be fine. Best thing to do for your next fort, is turn down the visitor cap. It will also work to prevent more visitors arriving in your current fort. I have it set to 20, which is more than enough. Some visitors seem to take forever to leave, some leave just a season after they arrived. Perhaps *some* arrive bugged and will never leave.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 10:40:01 am »

Yeah, didn't think of that on time. It was on 100. With pop cap 120/220 - but I'm at 98 Dwarfs (including some taller Dwarfs) since a certain FB who shot web and kicked heads. Two seasons no migration so suddenly loads of empty rooms.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 01:41:31 pm »

You could always set tavern zones at the front lines of a goblin siege or in the cavern with interlopers, while the rest of your dorfs are in a burrow or something?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation