Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: LegendsBrowser 1.19.2 (Windows, Mac OS and Linux legends viewer) | DF 0.47.04  (Read 109943 times)

kane_t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you considered either including a server mode, so it could be run as a public webserver (with, of course, all the filesystem stuff stripped out for security), or an option to export everything to static HTML files?

This is easily the nicest-looking, best-presented legends viewer out there, and the fact that it's already serving HTML files seems like it's a perfect candidate for sharing the legends of a world with the public.

Karater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i've released version 1.0.12 with the following new features:
  • Support for server mode (#10) (load with specified world and disable file system access)
  • added command line options:
Code: [Select]
-p,--port <arg>     use specific port
-s,--serverMode     run in server mode (disables file chooser)
-u,--subUri <arg>   run on /<subUri>
-w,--world <arg>    path to legends.xml or archive

Download here
Legends Browser - df 0.42 legends viewer for windows, os x and linux

TC01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice, thanks for implementing server mode!
stockpile: git based installation management.
Dwarf Fortress for Fedora: Packages of DF and friends for Fedora Linux.

TC01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You might have seen in this thread that I've been working on a Fedora package for Legends Browser. I'm pleased to say it's been accepted into the Fedora repositories. :) If you're using Fedora you can install it by:

$ sudo dnf install --enablerepo=updates-testing legendsbrowser
$ legendsbrowser

(It takes a week for packages to be pushed out of testing into stable, hence the --enablerepo).

But, I've also been working on a Sandstorm package of Legends Browser.

If you've not heard of Sandstorm: Sandstorm is a platform for easily installing, configuring, and sharing web applications. I was thinking about how ways to take Dwarf Fortress worlds' legends and share them publicly on the internet (or at least, make them available on the internet for myself to browse from other computers). I definitely wanted to use Legends Browser, but I wondered if there would be an easier way for me to do this than configuring a reverse proxy and getting Legends Browser to run as a daemon on a server somewhere.

So I created an app which consists of Legends Browser 1.0.12 and a small Flask application that a user can upload a zip containing all legends exports to, and that spawns Legends Browser in the background and redirects to it once the upload finishes. The idea being that anyone using Sandstorm can easily a public (or private-- you can choose who you grant access to for each instance of a Sandstorm app) instance of Legends Browser without a lot of difficulty.

You can see a demo of this here. Or if you'd like to try it out yourself, you can use the public instance of Sandstorm (you can sign into it with Github or Gmail credentials) and install the app using this link (same as the one in the above paragraph). It's a bit clunky and doesn't work perfectly (if Legends Browser crashes because the server doesn't have enough RAM, it's not exactly handled gracefully from an end-user perspective), but I'd love to know if anyone other than me is interested in / would use this or if they'd like to help test. :)
stockpile: git based installation management.
Dwarf Fortress for Fedora: Packages of DF and friends for Fedora Linux.

kane_t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i've released version 1.0.12 with the following new features:

I tried using server mode on Windows the other day, and couldn't get it to work.  When trying to manually specify the world, I got a null pointer error, but when selecting the same world in the file chooser it loaded just fine:
[2016-08-04 09:00:55] INFO: loading world: region1-00126-03-07-legends.xml
[2016-08-04 09:00:55] SEVERE: error loading legends
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.nio.file.Files.newDirectoryStream(Unknown Source)
        at legends.helper.WorldConfig.<init>(WorldConfig.java:45)
        at legends.model.World$1.run(World.java:438)

xMAWLx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I am having some trouble getting this running on linux. This is the error I receive, I am using java 8.111, any help would be appreciated.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: legends/Application : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

EDIT: Turns out I was using java 7. Updated and everything works, and it's absolutely epic, BRAVO!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 01:22:15 am by xMAWLx »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Not sure why you're getting that error, but I can say that I got it this to run fine on linux (Love the family trees btw, though there's a lot of took up an UNKNOWN job when actual Legends mode properly mentions the job, as well as not stocking the text of written contents).

Vitor_Goatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this still active? Don't want this to go away, especially since I use Linux and this looks nice.

azrael4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress-centric You Tube videos, part of my nominally vintage gaming channel.

Am I missing something? All this does is open a file browser in Firefox. I can navigate to the save folders, but that's about it.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I missing something? All this does is open a file browser in Firefox. I can navigate to the save folders, but that's about it.
From there you should be able to open the .xml file you exported from Legends Mode. I think. Been a while since I used this.

eddievxx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I can't get this to work...
First I exported the xml manually from Legends Mode, then I tried using the DFHack method. I can select the xml file within the file system from the browser but then it just says "Loading World,  loading legends.xml..." and does nothing else.
The xml file is just over 600MB; how long should it take? I have never left it for longer than 20 minutes loading, should I do that?
Or is there an error log I should be checking? Cheers!

Edit: I just spotted the OutOfMemory Error! Thats what it is...

Edit: Still getting the error after creating the .ini file. And doubling the memory allotment. Where does that .ini file need to go?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 05:07:28 pm by eddievxx »

Karater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit: Still getting the error after creating the .ini file. And doubling the memory allotment. Where does that .ini file need to go?
the file should have exactly the same name as your EXE but but with .l4j.ini instead of .exe

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm having a bug with the latest version of this.  Sometimes when trying to bring up a HF the webpage will just say "java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException"
I think it's related to vampires taking on assumed identities.

Error message from the console:
[2017-06-01 18:45:27] SEVERE: error in request: /hf/33268
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor96.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at legends.RequestThread.findMapping(RequestThread.java:263)
        at legends.RequestThread.run(RequestThread.java:167)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at legends.web.HfsController$FamilyMember.layout(HfsController.java:166)
        at legends.web.HfsController$Family.<init>(HfsController.java:409)
        at legends.web.HfsController.hf(HfsController.java:91)
        ... 5 more

EDIT: I should probably upload the files too huh
https://a.pomf.cat/sqqpif.zip
EDIT2: URLs that caused errors so far: /hf/33268, /hf/8382, /hf/2484
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 10:41:05 pm by hertggf »

Karater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i've released version 1.12.1 with the following bugfixes:
  • exception while displaying family tree if hf only has mother
  • exception while displaying event collections if events or hf were missing in xml export

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the quick fix!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12