Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: LegendsBrowser 1.19.2 (Windows, Mac OS and Linux legends viewer) | DF 0.47.04  (Read 109150 times)

Roxfall

• Bay Watcher
  • Evrywundies
    • View Profile

That's exactly what happened. ID10T error.

Roxfall

• Bay Watcher
  • Evrywundies
    • View Profile

Found a minor issue: clicking a link to an adventurer's biography doesn't work. The wheel is spinning but the hamster is dead.

I waited a few minutes for it to load, nothing. Seems to happen only to adventurers. Regular people load just fine.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
[DFHack]# open-legends
[DFHack]# exportlegends all
First time ive not haplessly failed to export and find the xml file to see Legends viewer working - its magnificent! Thankyou dev!
Klok the Kloker !

Roxfall

• Bay Watcher
  • Evrywundies
    • View Profile

One more little bug: it's possible for multiple sites to be in the same location on the world map.

For example, a town, a camp, a road and a bridge can overlap. As a result of it, it's possible for a town to become unclickable and invisible. It just looks like the road, bridge and all, ends in a camp. Even if the town is the capital. :)

Karater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Found a minor issue: clicking a link to an adventurer's biography doesn't work. The wheel is spinning but the hamster is dead.

I waited a few minutes for it to load, nothing. Seems to happen only to adventurers. Regular people load just fine.

thx for the report. can you upload your savegame or export, so I can have a look at it?
Legends Browser - df 0.42 legends viewer for windows, os x and linux

Llamageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When I change the memory alocated to -Xmx2048M the program opens then immediately quits. 1024 works though. Any ideas? I am still getting an out of memeory error at 1024.

Karater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When I change the memory alocated to -Xmx2048M the program opens then immediately quits. 1024 works though. Any ideas? I am still getting an out of memeory error at 1024.
This can happen if there isn't enough free memory anymore to be allocated. Try closing some programs and check if that helped.
Legends Browser - df 0.42 legends viewer for windows, os x and linux

Llamageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Checked, I have 10 gigs of available memory. This is odd.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

32-bit processes can only allocate 2 gigs.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Technically, the limit is 4 GB, except Windows restricts it to 2 by default. That would also only apply if the JVM is 32-bit, and there's no indication of that. Even if it were 32-bit, 2048 MB is equivalent to 2 GB, so that shouldn't be an issue, especially if there really is 10 GB of RAM free.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you Karater for making this, I'm a new player and this utility has been very helpful and made playing much more fun.

I was wondering if you had any plans to increase the descriptive info available on the browser.  For instance I found a Badger Fiend in my Historical Figures, I had no idea what that was but he seemed pretty cool, he installed himself as king of a goblin civilization, made an artifact and murdered a few folks.  I checked out the in-game Legends section and found a pretty cool description of what he looked like, and I just thought it would have been good to have the info in the browser too. 

Same thing with the artifacts, it would be nice if the descriptions were more like the artforms, I have musical forms with a full page of description, it's kind of incredible, but the artifacts are very basic like "legendary almond wood long sword".

Anyway, thank you for all your work, I look forward to any updates!

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Posting to watch...

Brokemia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

In the civilization wars screen, what do the different colors of connecting lines mean?

btonasse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

32-bit processes can only allocate 2 gigs.

So does this mean Legends Browser can never handle big files like the ones generated by a long history world? I'm having the same problem as Llamageddon. Out of memory error, but I can't increase the allocated memory to more than 1024, or the program just closes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

If you get a 64bit version of Java, you can allocate more memory.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12