Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: LegendsBrowser 1.19.2 (Windows, Mac OS and Linux legends viewer) | DF 0.47.04  (Read 109139 times)

Cypeace

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi,

just downloaded as instructed, but upon execution I get error "JRELoadError", the link for the host doesn't work either. Trying on Mac Mojave 10.14.6.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you have Java installed (specifically a JRE for at least Java 8 )? If that's not it, the full error message might be helpful.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

eightball8776

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried to download this on my Mac but when I tried to open it, I got the following message. “Legends Browser” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul

...Mac...“Legends Browser” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image.

Worked fine on my OSX Mojave (10.14.6). It may have been a bad download. Or a bad source copy. The one that packs with the Lazy Mac Pack works fine.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That issue has come up a couple times in this thread, actually. It may be a formatting issue that prevents the disk image from mounting on some macOS versions, although I thought Karater made a change to address that at some point. In any case, if you have Java installed, you should just be able to download the .jar file and run it directly.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile

Not sure if this is a problem in LegendsBrowser or a some kind of glitch in DFHack export function; everything seems to be correct when viewed directly in Legends mode.

There are corrupted item creation lines in my fortress history; mentions about someone creating things like "a masterful toad parchment corpse" or "a masterful blue jay nervous tissue barrel" (example in pic below).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In addition to that, many militia dwarves are labeled erroneously as necromancers. They have never read any secret books but they did raid few necromantic towers some years ago. At some point they all seem to have picked "SECRET_RES_POWER_1_2" in their Active Interactions slot. Again, when viewed directly in Legends mode everything looks normal.

This is in DF .47.04, DFHack .47.04-r1 and LegendsBrowser latest version 1.19.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

McArcady

• Bay Watcher
  • working on a mysterious construction
    • View Profile
    • LinuxDwarfPack - a ready-to-play pack for Linux

Not sure if this is a problem in LegendsBrowser or a some kind of glitch in DFHack export function; everything seems to be correct when viewed directly in Legends mode.

There are corrupted item creation lines in my fortress history; mentions about someone creating things like "a masterful toad parchment corpse" or "a masterful blue jay nervous tissue barrel" (example in pic below).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In addition to that, many militia dwarves are labeled erroneously as necromancers. They have never read any secret books but they did raid few necromantic towers some years ago. At some point they all seem to have picked "SECRET_RES_POWER_1_2" in their Active Interactions slot. Again, when viewed directly in Legends mode everything looks normal.

This is in DF .47.04, DFHack .47.04-r1 and LegendsBrowser latest version 1.19.

Could you create an issue here ? https://github.com/robertjanetzko/LegendsBrowser/issues
and attach files:
Code: [Select]
legends.xml & legends_plus.xml
We will begin with checking if the problem comes from the exported files.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whenever I load up LB with a Toady-standard XML in it, this happens each time:
Code: [Select]
[2020-06-16 15:58:59] WARNING: site - unknown element: rectangle = 151,424:153,426
[2020-06-16 15:58:59] WARNING: artifact - unknown element: abs_tile_x = 67200
[2020-06-16 15:58:59] WARNING: artifact - unknown element: abs_tile_y = 24960
[2020-06-16 15:58:59] WARNING: artifact - unknown element: abs_tile_z = -1000000
[2020-06-16 15:58:59] WARNING: artifact - unknown element: subregion_id = 212
[2020-06-16 15:58:59] WARNING: relationship_profile_hf_visual - unknown element: known_identity_id = 5975
[2020-06-16 15:59:00] WARNING: historical_figure - unknown element: honor_entity = 5
Exception in thread "Thread-323" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
        at java.util.LinkedHashMap.newNode(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.HashMap.putVal(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.HashMap.put(Unknown Source)
        at sun.util.resources.OpenListResourceBundle.loadLookup(Unknown Source)
        at sun.util.resources.OpenListResourceBundle.loadLookupTablesIfNecessary(Unknown Source)
        at sun.util.resources.OpenListResourceBundle.handleKeySet(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.containsKey(Unknown Source)
        at sun.util.locale.provider.LocaleResources.getTimeZoneNames(Unknown Source)
        at sun.util.locale.provider.TimeZoneNameProviderImpl.getDisplayNameArray(Unknown Source)
        at sun.util.locale.provider.TimeZoneNameProviderImpl.getDisplayName(Unknown Source)
        at sun.util.locale.provider.TimeZoneNameUtility$TimeZoneNameGetter.getName(Unknown Source)
        at sun.util.locale.provider.TimeZoneNameUtility$TimeZoneNameGetter.getObject(Unknown Source)
        at sun.util.locale.provider.TimeZoneNameUtility$TimeZoneNameGetter.getObject(Unknown Source)
        at sun.util.locale.provider.LocaleServiceProviderPool.getLocalizedObjectImpl(Unknown Source)
        at sun.util.locale.provider.LocaleServiceProviderPool.getLocalizedObject(Unknown Source)
        at sun.util.locale.provider.TimeZoneNameUtility.retrieveDisplayNamesImpl(Unknown Source)
        at sun.util.locale.provider.TimeZoneNameUtility.retrieveDisplayName(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.TimeZone.getDisplayName(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.Date.toString(Unknown Source)
        at legends.RequestThread.sendHeader(RequestThread.java:54)
        at legends.RequestThread.run(RequestThread.java:167)
Exception in thread "Thread-324" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "Thread-324"
Exception in thread "Thread-325" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "Thread-326"
Exception in thread "Thread-192" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

...Solutions? The Java exceptions would seem to be the main part of it, at least. 

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"OutOfMemoryError" suggests to me that this fix might help: https://github.com/robertjanetzko/LegendsBrowser/blob/master/README.md#outofmemoryerror

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"OutOfMemoryError" suggests to me that this fix might help: https://github.com/robertjanetzko/LegendsBrowser/blob/master/README.md#outofmemoryerror

Doesn't work. (At least, repurposing a text file to service does not, as would otherwise be expected - I may have erred elsewhere.)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does it give the exact same error or something else?
To clarify, you named the file "LegendsBrowser-1.19.0.l4j.ini", with no additional extensions, right? (Assuming you're running LegendsBrowser 1.19.0 on Windows)

Karater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i've released version 1.19.1 with the following bugfix:
  • support for new format of interaction_action and secret_text
thx to @McArcady, @ereterer and @lethosor for for their contributions

Download: Windows or MacOS
Project ist hosted on GitHub
Legends Browser - df 0.42 legends viewer for windows, os x and linux

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A heads up: DFHack 0.47.04-r2 includes some breaking changes, which PatrikLundell has detailed here. The changelog also mentions some other changes (e.g. support for exporting to a subfolder, which I assume doesn't affect this tool too much).

I haven't investigated whether this tool needs changes, but since I've seen some reports of Legends Viewer breaking, I thought a notification here would be useful too (which I probably should have done before 0.47.04-r2 - sorry about that).

Karater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LegendsBrowser 1.19.2 (Windows, Mac OS and Linux legends viewer) | DF 0.47.04
« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2020, 04:34:38 am »

i've released version 1.19.2 with the following bugfix:
  • support for new fields from dfhack exportlegends
thx to @McArcady for his contributions

Download: Windows or MacOS
Project ist hosted on GitHub
Legends Browser - df 0.42 legends viewer for windows, os x and linux

agm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is great! Thank you!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12