Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Adventure Mode UI : Quick Quest Gathering Script  (Read 8819 times)

1337G4mer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode UI : Quick Quest Gathering Script
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 09:11:02 am »

Very cool. I will look into screens more. I saw some of your scripts too lethosor.

Question: Are there any scripts that display sort of a viewport or widget of sort. by that I mean something like the "compass widget" in adventure mode. It just stays there and doesn't block input to DF and keeps itself updated. The example you gave is like something that blocks the Current screen.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 01:26:22 pm »

Very cool. I will look into screens more. I saw some of your scripts too lethosor.

Question: Are there any scripts that display sort of a viewport or widget of sort. by that I mean something like the "compass widget" in adventure mode. It just stays there and doesn't block input to DF and keeps itself updated. The example you gave is like something that blocks the Current screen.
To work it truly seamlessly you need to have c++ plugin.
But in other cases it's enough to call self:renderParent() in onRenderBody and self:sendInputToParent in onInput.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2016, 09:06:32 pm »

Get you a github (git you, git it?) and git this pulled into dfhack, I love this damn script.

Serves the double purpose of advancing time so I can gather random dances/poetry forms while pumping the tavern keeper for every bit of info they know, which tends to be rather significant, especially in larger worlds.

1337G4mer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 03:44:05 pm »

Thanks Max. I created a GIT account. Trying to figure out how I create the which branch to fork and do pull request.. Do you have steps documented somewhere that you can link me to.

Also PS: Fixing the armies step in code. that wasn't working :)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2016, 05:26:04 pm »

Just go to the dfhack github: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack and hit the fork button to have your own to play with, then add your scripts in a yourname/yourname-scripts folder (as in under your main header: https://github.com/maxthyme/maxthyme-scripts is mine in case that was confusing), and uh... I forget which order it goes in to pull them into the main fork again.

1337G4mer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2016, 06:22:19 pm »

Okay Thanks. Here you go...

https://github.com/1337G4mer/1337G4mer-dfhack-scripts

Am I doing it right?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2016, 09:21:40 pm »

Think so, yeah, then uhhh, well, read this as a start: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/723 and in general feel free to comment there, just the two I've seen you write are easily good enough to pull in official as far as I'm concerned, so I'd definitely suggest popping in there. Make sure you pull a dfhack fork too.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2016, 11:34:13 pm »

That discussion is essentially about replacing the current system, where there are a lot of third-party script repos plus scripts in the main DFHack repo, with a single scripts repo that's included in the DFHack repo.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2016, 04:00:39 pm »

What folder do I stick the lua file in? I've got the script running, but it goes like

1337G4mer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2016, 05:00:35 pm »

What folder do I stick the lua file in? I've got the script running, but it goes like

That's the correct folder, however, I think the error is about missing the require file which is defined in the following lines.

gui = require 'gui'
gs = require 'gui.script'

So, you should be having these files too (for me they came in the LNP DFHack standard install).

/hack/lua/gui.lua
/hack/gui/script.lua

They should be there in your standard DFHack install , anyhow, you can refer here too

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/tree/master/library/lua

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2016, 05:45:06 pm »

The issue can't be related to those files, because the script will fail at the "require ..." lines if those files don't exist or can't be loaded for another reason. It's probably an edge case in the quest script, although I'm not sure exactly what.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2016, 02:48:34 pm »

I have those files in the right places, I don't know why it's not working.
Pages: 1 [2]