Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Entry 100034236 of the same question  (Read 2934 times)

shaofo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Entry 100034236 of the same question
« on: January 05, 2016, 06:46:57 pm »

I'm sorry in advance to be that guy, but where can I find the latest version (compiled or not) version of LCS.

I had a look at a few like the r855 if that's correct and it seems to be a version older than the main one, even thought people are saying that the former is the latest.

Am I confusing things or is there something I am missing?

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Entry 100034236 of the same question
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 12:15:19 pm »

I'm sorry in advance to be that guy, but where can I find the latest version (compiled or not) version of LCS.

I had a look at a few like the r855 if that's correct and it seems to be a version older than the main one, even thought people are saying that the former is the latest.

Effectively, the r855 is obsolete.

The current revision, as of today, is the r864, and the official source for the code is here.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

shaofo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 07:31:37 pm »

Thanks a lot man. Now I am hacking and trying to reduce my heat  :D

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 02:13:27 pm »

The current revision, as of today, is the r864, and the official source for the code is here.
Is there an updated changelog anywhere? The one in the repo hasn't been updated since '07. That's... almost a decade now.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

sdp0et

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 11:31:01 am »

Is there a way to tell which I have?  The copy I got yesterday is 4.07.0, but I'm not sure if that is r855, r864 or other
sdp0et has been stressed lately. He was been accosted by work recently. He has been annoyed by coworkers. He admired a wonderful bed today. He admired a wonderful woman today.  He needs Coca-Cola to get through the working day.

seth--

• Bay Watcher
  • We need a slogan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 07:07:28 pm »

Is there a way to tell which I have?  The copy I got yesterday is 4.07.0, but I'm not sure if that is r855, r864 or other
4.07.0 has two years, it's old

There are more official release after that one. Here is 4.07.4: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125452.0
I don't recommend playing that one, it is incomplete IIRC.

I think 4.07.1 was good. It's the last one without the multiple cities thing.
You should try the last one from the svn anyway. If you don't like it, go for 4.07.1

Is there an updated changelog anywhere? The one in the repo hasn't been updated since '07. That's... almost a decade now.
I the posts fox make for each release

If you want more details, check the commit messages: http://sourceforge.net/p/lcsgame/code/commit_browser
I am confused are you saying you changed the kidnapping so it is less... Saw?
Did Saw consist of you beating them then yelling Ronald Reagan in their face?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 11:35:14 am »

r855 is newer than 4.07.1. There is a newer version, but AFAIK nobody put together one you don't have to put together yourself.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.